Author Topic: Ys III question  (Read 184 times)

Roy The Sunderer

Ys III question
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:52:45 PM »
Hi guys. I've been stuck in the same spot in Ys III for a few days now. I'm back in the Tigre Mine after the mayor sends me back out this way. I'm traveling downward in the mine trying to reach the next boss. I reached an area where there are three wooden platforms on the right and a small wooden platform on the far upper left. I've been trying like crazy to jump over there but I just can't reach it. I saw a video that showed a large wooden platform on the left under the small platform that could be reached by jumping from the upper right, but this platform is nowhere to be found in my game. Is this a known glitch or is there something I neglected to do to make the platform appear?
Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.

kid_rondeau

Re: Ys III question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
Can you make a video (or at least get a screenshot) of the area in question?

Roy The Sunderer

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »
No video, but I have some screenshots. The first image shows the lower right side of the area where the platforms are and the second image shows the lower left side where you can see the small platform above the mine floor on the far left.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 02:05:06 PM »
Oh, THAAAAAAAT!!

Ok, I think I got this one:

If it's what I'm thinking of, all you have to do is climb back up the wall on the right, jump clear across that cavern to land on the inaccessible ledge. Try it! It's not so difficult.

Roy The Sunderer

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:12:53 PM »
Got it! I did some extra searching on the web and I found a video that is specific to the Turbo CD version. I guess it's a little different than the Genesis and Super NES versions. I had to jump on the second indented section of rock above the platforms like you said and jump just the right way out to the left platform.  Thanks for the help kid!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:41:57 PM by Roy The Sunderer »