Author Topic: Rag-time4's Duo repair project  (Read 1012 times)

kattare

Re: Rag-time4's Duo repair project
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »
Speaking of part sales!  I have a duo for sale, ok, sort of a duo... call it frankenduo... cuz just about every single mechanical part has been swapped out of it as I've been using it to fix other duos.  I'll take a pic of it one of these days.  It's grrrrrreat.  When I'm all done repairing my current batch of duo's I'll take lots of photos, write up a detailed description, and put it on ebay... see if there are any takers.  ;-)
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

Duo_R

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 04:58:22 AM »
I need the part BU4053BF off a "junked" board....
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

chop5

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 05:47:06 AM »
took me a while but i got it working. Its out of the duo hospitals icu and getting ready for release.
Redid that whole trouble area before i ran out of 22uf and 100uf caps.

The rest of rags work was crude but acceptable so i plugged it in for test run. Everything works hucard and cd.
Did some longevity tests with multiple games,hu and cd buns and real for 2 hours with no difference. Wasn't hot to the touch and laser noises searchings and busy were normal. Compared it to my duo and no difference. Sound is crisp and regular and fmv runs smoothly. Did notice slight whistling on laser showing signs of early laser wear,but wont need to replace for a long time still.
Don't know what else i can do with it. Will do a few more days of hard play then pack it up for return
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

rag-time4

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 02:28:49 PM »
took me a while but i got it working. Its out of the duo hospitals icu and getting ready for release.
Redid that whole trouble area before i ran out of 22uf and 100uf caps.

The rest of rags work was crude but acceptable so i plugged it in for test run. Everything works hucard and cd.
Did some longevity tests with multiple games,hu and cd buns and real for 2 hours with no difference. Wasn't hot to the touch and laser noises searchings and busy were normal. Compared it to my duo and no difference. Sound is crisp and regular and fmv runs smoothly. Did notice slight whistling on laser showing signs of early laser wear,but wont need to replace for a long time still.
Don't know what else i can do with it. Will do a few more days of hard play then pack it up for return
Chop have you tested the saved game function? That's one thing I'm wondering about. Was the save memory wiped and does the feature still work?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 02:25:37 AM »
Congrats on saving rag's Duo from the scrap heap.  :clap:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

kattare

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 09:20:41 AM »
nice work chop.  ;-)
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.