Author Topic: Neo Geo X Gold - $200 - freaking seriously?  (Read 2854 times)

TheClash603

Re: Neo Geo X Gold - $200 - freaking seriously?
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »
I would prefer for cards to have a few games on them and charge $30-$50, than for one game each at $20.  I am hoping the one game pack-in is just a special one-time thing for preorders.

The other approach would be to do an E-Reader like packaging where each game comes cheaply and they are in some sort of rack pack.  Gamestop might be happy with that because it won't take up much space.  If the games are sold in this manner, I think $10 each is a strong possibility and in line with single game Virtual Console prices.

geise

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2012, 03:41:33 AM »
Other approach would be for them to release some of the later releases right after launch or before.  I love me some oldschool neo, but those bundled titles are the same games they always release that you can get on basically any system from the ps2/dc era or after.  It's never the later titles that I'm sure most gamers  new to the neo, will want to play.

GohanX

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2012, 05:12:16 AM »
RE: Lack of RGB

It's not true RGB, but there are converters that can take 480p HDMI sources and convert them to 480i component sources. We won't know how well it will work until we try it, but I'll probably pick one up from Monoprice to see how well it works.

roflmao

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
Actually, its not. Its a emulator run on a handheld. It would be crazy to expect them to include a straight analog RGB function when their target audience is specifically using a HDMI capable LCD. It may be hard to swallow, but their target audience here is not going to be all the nostalgic old school die hard Neo owners of old. Most of the people buying this are going to be in their late teens to early 20's. New fans who are trying to get a taste of what things were like for the original Neo fan base prior. Mainly the same folks who bought the PS2 and Wii compilations, etc, but now want to feel leet and have some bragging rights of their own.

:lol: That description nearly fits me to a T. :D  Except I'm waaaay older.  I remember when the Neo Geo  was new.  I had friends who had Neo Geos and loved playing Neo Geo games in the arcades. Even though I could somehow justify spending the absurd amount of money I did on Turbografx stuff bitd, I couldn't bring myself to invest in another "obviously geared for the cult collector" system. This interests me because it has that familiar look, but already contains a decent library.

Interestingly enough, I have an actual wood-grain 2600 and a bunch of cartridges that sit on a shelf in in my office, but, due to convenience and image quality, I have one of those Flashback systems hooked up to the tv for the rare urge to play one of those games.  I'd have no problem playing this emulated console when it's so close to the original and is so convenient (and relatively cheap).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:58:39 PM by roflmao »