Author Topic: PC Engine Faulty  (Read 229 times)

CU_AMiGA

PC Engine Faulty
« on: April 30, 2010, 12:00:09 PM »
Hi

I have an original white PC Engine (with RGB mod) and it has seem to have developed a fault. When i play Outrun it seems to get to the title screen and options fine. Yet as the game starts the race the game seems to freeze and only seems to display the background graphics - so there is no car, people, etc. I even bought another copy of Outrun same result. The PC Engine seems to run other games ok (although not tried all in my collection). So is there any suggestions as wot is wrong here and wot i can do? Or worst case senario how much for another one? Thanks for your time.

Regards

kattare

Re: PC Engine Faulty
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
First clean out the card slot with some canned air, then hit up your local radio shack for some DeOxit DN5 contact cleaner.  Spray it on your card and use the card as a tool to work it into your PC Engine.  (w/ the power off!)  Let dry for a while, then try again.  If it all works out, follow up with the DeOxit gold.
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

CU_AMiGA

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:18:50 AM »
hi. sorry for late reply. ok i have tried doing the above and still get the same result. wot can i do next? is this problem fixable?

CU_AMiGA

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 02:34:25 AM »
hi

pc engine now repaired thanks to pcenginesales ! :D

regards