Author Topic: Ebay Pkt Auctions Sucks  (Read 532 times)

Sparky

Re: Ebay Pkt Auctions Sucks
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
oh Clash.. what the hell is the hurry? how long have you been looking?

I have 3 left as well... Godzilla, Super Air Zonks and Dynastic hero and i will own them 1 day at good fair value or in trade.

In the end if you do not get these games your after, big frucking deal.. let others buy the shit up at those crazy prices... at least you used your good common sense and realized there just not worth the ebay values. 

don't you get it <<shakes Clash by the neck>> stop looking at ebay... it will make you go mad  :P

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:34:02 PM by Sparky »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 03:59:46 PM »
Its important to understand that when someone buys one of these games for whatever stupid price that they will almost always eventually get rid of it. This happens in virtually every collector's market. That tool who spent $780 on MC will almost certainly eventually dump it, and the rest of his collection as well. A lot of times they sell it off almost instantly after getting the last piece of the collection.

I, on the other hand, I will be buried with my copy of Kato and Ken!

Sparky

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
i dont entirely agree with ya zeta, true in some cases but buying a game like MC at that price would not see that much of a resell i would think so i think the majority of those types of people just give up looking and think ebay is there only answer to complete there collection :( its a shame really, as common sense leaves them and the "i must have" takes over.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:44:13 PM by Sparky »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 06:58:59 PM »
How many of those copies of MC that you see on eBay are being sold by the Electronics Botique or Toys R Us that originally stocked them in 1992? I'm going to go with "zero", meaning that every single copy of MC sold on eBay, or anywhere else, is being re-sold...and probably not by the original owner. These things are probably mostly 3rd or 4th hand at this point.

And when the value goes way down...they'll change hands again. When MC is selling for $50 on eBay, these guys will lose interest in owning it. The exclusivity is all they wanted anyway, not the game.

Seriously, this crap happens all the time with all sorts of stuff. People used to pay hundreds of dollars for certain Magic and Pokemon cards. Remember Beenie Babies? Superman #75? The 1990 Mercedes S class?

People went apeshit over all this stuff, but where is all that crap now? I don't even know because nobody gives a shit.

Only the really great stuff holds its value over time, and Magical Chase...its nice, but its no low numbered White Album or 250 GTO. Its just a friggn game, and they made thousands of copies of it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:01:12 PM by SignOfZeta »

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »
ahh haa RIGHT ON!!

I, on the other hand, I will be buried with my copy of Kato and Ken!
[/quote]

Yeah, What if you buy it that price and two years later you cant get the price you paid for it.  A month ago sickboy sold his collection and he got no way near what it was even worth.  I dunno If ya wunna invest and your good w money, put it in mutual funds, stocks, properties are low..........i dunno, is it really worth the money to complete your collection?  What are you going to do when that happens? start collecting another system, put pce/turbo aside, let it get dusty, look at it taking up space and sell it off?  are you going to start beating games? cause prolly alot of em werent played?  to each your own I suppose when it comes down to it.  Im just tryin to understand
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:34:52 PM by turbogrfxfan »
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"