Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 396 times)

jperryss

Re: Introduction
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 05:25:57 AM »
Nice!

Getting a Duo-R now would almost be overkill, unless it's mainly so you have a backup for the Duo you just got. I suggest either picking up a PCE so you can play JP hueys, or region-modding the Duo for JP hueys (which would also allow you to pick up an Arcade Card duo and play ACD games).

But for now, just enjoy it.  :D

Colossus1574

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
I'm enjoying some old favorites and some games I never played before. Riot Zone has got to be the most blatant Streets of Rage copycat I've ever seen...but it's still fun!

hmmm....ya, the "dude" in Riot Zone is a copy of a copy! He looks like AXEL from SOR who copied his look from CODY of F.Fight!  Anyways, as i've posted on another thread here...try to lock down Double Dragon 2, it's waaaaay better then Riot Zone. And congrats on the DUO!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »
Riot Zone has got to be the most blatant Streets of Rage copycat I've ever seen...but it's still fun!

Riot Zone doesn't copy Streets of Rage.  It's a port of the arcade game Riot City, which came out at roughly the same time as Streets of Rage (mid '91), making them both imitations of Final Fight, rather than of each other.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:29 AM »
lol, haha- Yeah, wasn't Riot City actually developed by Westone, who at the time was working WITH SEGA to make Riot City??  I bet NEC laughed all the way to the bank when they got that great Beat 'em up on the Duo!!  :D

Roy The Sunderer

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 06:50:12 AM »
True, I forgot about Final Fight. There were quite a few of these types of games in the early 90s and many were pretty decent for what they were. I've been playing the crap of the Turbo CDs I have. Well, maybe not the Sherlock Holmes games... I'm working on Ys 3 currently. After that I think I'll tackle Exile and Cosmic Fantasy 2.
Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.