Author Topic: Color Fading to B&W on TG16  (Read 196 times)

slayback

Color Fading to B&W on TG16
« on: October 08, 2014, 07:29:37 AM »
I have a TG16 with CD-ROM and I've been having an issue with the color fading (becoming black and white) while playing.  It happens with both hu-cards as well as CD-ROMs.  The system is unmodded and I'm using composite video.

The color always comes back and it seems to be consistent to different screens when it does it.  For example while playing Bonk the more the moon is visible the more the screen fades.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem might be?  Caps in the TGCD dock or the system itself?  Unfortunately I sold my TurboBooster Plus (what was I thinking?) or I would test with that.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Color Fading to B&W on TG16
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 08:35:37 AM »
Try it without the CD dock through RF and through the expansion port.  That should at least narrow it down to being in the base system or the add-on.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

slayback

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 04:49:37 PM »
Try it without the CD dock through RF and through the expansion port.  That should at least narrow it down to being in the base system or the add-on.
Good idea.  I'll have to dig out the RF adapter, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

ctophil

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 10:21:02 AM »
Also check your composite cables.  Sometimes they go bad as well.  I've had a few instances where this happened to me on various consoles.  Another thing is to make sure the video cable that is coming from the back of the TV is plugged in securely and not being pushed around back there by wires or other obstacles.  I don't know how old is your TV, but extended use of the video composite plug-in on the TV could also be the culprit.  The actual plug-in hole can be loose.  You can try moving the cord around back there to see if you get some color back.