Author Topic: FS / FT US Duo w/ Y's 1+2 SOLD  (Read 180 times)

BlueBMW

FS / FT US Duo w/ Y's 1+2 SOLD
« on: August 22, 2010, 05:46:03 AM »
SOLD / TRADED to TurboStar :)

In my travels I ended up with two broken duos, ended up putting new lasers into each and tuning them, so now I have two working Duos!  While I should probably keep the second one as a backup... I'd rather not have one collecting dust when someone could be playing it!

US Turbo Duo System (Oct 1992)
Duo Pad
A/V Cable
NEC power supply

If wanted with it, I have the following duplicate games....

Y's Book 1+2 (JIC) non-Duo version
Splatterhouse (JIC) manual's a bit rough tho, hucard is a bit worn also
Keith Courage - hucard only

I replaced the laser in this unit with a new HOP-M3 unit, although it seems like it was just out of adjustment since the laser I removed worked fine in my other Duo.  No caps have been replaced on this unit yet, but CD audio etc seems to work perfectly.  Although as we all know, Duos are notorious for failing eventually, so it could work for another 10 years or another day! :)  The laser operates quietly, but there is a bit of noise when the laser sled moves (I haven't lubed the slides yet, so that might be all that is)  Cosmetically, there are some scratches on the top of the unit, and some "VOID" label remnants over two of the screw holes on the bottom.  It looks like someone had the unit serviced before because it came with philips screws instead of the gamebit ones. 

Also, this unit WILL NOT PLAY CDRS!  I had it sold once, and paid the guy to send it back because he said it stopped working.  He swore up and down that he only played original games on it, but when I got it back, the laser was jammed to the right which is what happens when you use CDRs on it!  When I confronted him, he finally admitted to trying a CDR.  Maybe there are some better CDRs out there that work, but I cant get CDRs to work on either of my Duos!  So please, use original games only!! :P

I've got about $100 in the system and another $25 in the laser.  Y's was about $25 also, I guess I wouldn't mind a tiny bit of profit for fixing it, but this isn't evil bay so... :P

Looking to sell for a reasonable offer or trade for some of the following....

Cotton - SCD
Super Air Zonk - SCD
Exile: Wicked Phenomenon - SCD

Bomberman - Hucard
Bomberman 93 - Hucard
Dead Moon - Hucard
Deep Blue - Hucard
Devils Crush - Hucard
Magical Chase - Hucard (lulz... although I wouldn't mind a PC engine copy)
Ordyne - Hucard
Psychosis - Hucard
Raiden - Hucard
Sinistron - Hucard
Soldier Blade - Hucard
Super Star Soldier - Hucard

And any good PC Engine shooters that arent available for the US TG16 / CD!

And finally a Picture or two!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:05:09 AM by BlueBMW »
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: FS / FT US Duo w/ Y's 1+2
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:23:58 AM »
pm sent.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: FS / FT US Duo w/ Y's 1+2 SOLD
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Holy HOLY COW man!! Words cannot describe the absolute AMAZING job BlueBMW did packing this and shipping it!  I am speechless!!  O_O  Blue man, I am going to take pics and share them with everyone.  This looks like it was packed by TTi themselves!!  I am seriously floored.

WOW!!  Thank you so much, I cannot recommend anyone any more given the sheer amount of quality and care and product value that BlueBMW has shown with the trade that we made.  The only thing is now I feel like a douche cause I didn't pack the stuff I sent him with anywhere near the quality that I received... lol

I hope your cool with what you got blue!

Thanks again!!!

-Joshua

BlueBMW

Re: FS / FT US Duo w/ Y's 1+2 SOLD
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
I'm very cool with it!  I'm tearing into it right now! :P  I'm glad youre happy with it!  I wish your factory caps a VERY LONG LIFE :P  But if and when it fails, I'll do my best to help you out :wink:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc