Author Topic: New TurboGrafx System for sale  (Read 294 times)

takashirose

New TurboGrafx System for sale
« on: September 14, 2010, 03:38:20 PM »
I was wondering what is a good price for a brand new TurboGrafx-16 system for sale?

Would you pay $500, or $400, or $300.  I mean like it was released yesterday?  Would you buy one from me at that price?

Also would you pay $150 for a wireless PC-Engine multi-tap with two controllers?

I need your opinions.  Thank you.
Let the old mix with the new.

nat

Re: New TurboGrafx System for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »
No, and no.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:42 AM »
I was wondering what is a good price for a brand new TurboGrafx-16 system for sale?

Would you pay $500, or $400, or $300.  I mean like it was released yesterday?  Would you buy one from me at that price?

That's high, and if it's the PAL European system even less since there is an abundance of them brand new.
--DragonmasterDan

takashirose

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:59:46 AM »
No, it is the American TurboGrafx-16 system.  I wouldn't sell the PAL TurboGrafx at such a high price.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 05:01:41 AM »
A new TurboGrafx in box, never been used?  I guess I could see someone paying $200 ish.  I wouldn't, but I could see someone biting on that.

As for the Wireless Taps.. not a chance.
I offer $20.

PS: pix of the New TG16 unit?

Sparky

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »
ya not to many here get hard for cellophane... even at $100-$150 i bet it would sit for awhile on these forums..

there is a sealed game freak site that you could inquire on if your banking on big bucks if not i think you get an idea what we think :)

takashirose

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 03:05:03 PM »
I am thinking about posting it on eBay.  That is where I sold a sealed Turbo Duo system for $700 in 2006.  I had another that I used.  I recently bought 2 Turbo Duos new, though one is completely new, but the other was missing the pack in games other than Gates of Thunder 3 in 1. 

The boxes condition never compared to the one I sold and the one I still use for today.

But one of the beat up box houses the first release Turbo Duo with all the games and everything sealed inside the box.

Anyway.  Thank you for the comments.  I hope more will post.

unclebugspayton

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 12:06:37 AM »
How much would u pay for a Duo-rx controller?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 04:22:24 AM »

Considering that boxed TG-16s in excellent condition fetch $100-150 on eBay, I can't see yours being worth more than $150 or so.  It's not exactly apples to apples, true, yet those on eBay come with extra controllers, a tap, games, etc. to adequately offset the difference in value due to the differences in condition.

Also would you pay $150 for a wireless PC-Engine multi-tap with two controllers?

I can buy brand new PI-PD11 sets for $64 and brand new PI-PD12s for $29, so your presumably used set isn't worth more than $75.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

takashirose

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 03:42:46 PM »
Everything is new.  Not used.  The wireless ones, too.

I am observing some eBay listings of TG 16 that are new.  I'll see the end result.

Though I have to say that even though they say it's new, it's obviously not new based on the pictures because the ties have been opened and retied, missing brochures, and etc.

geralds

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 06:47:18 AM »
If its factory sealed i could see someone stupid enough to pay for it.  Those sealed collectors pay rediculace amounts for there crap.  Example madden football games  are worth what $1 but there stupid enough to pay $100 for sealed copy of them games.  Un fortunatly i have noticed more especial on forums pal stuff seems to be collected more factory sealed.