Author Topic: f*ck  (Read 1282 times)

nat

Re: f*ck
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 06:54:41 PM »
nat, you should play the SMS version and describe the similarities / differences between the SMS and PCE versions. That would be awesome :).

Great idea, now that I can play the SMS version again via my Dreamcast. I've played fairly far into the SMS port in the past and there are some [very] minor level differences plus the shopkeepers and some bosses are different. The PCE boss sprites are much more detailed and while they are generally different creatures entirely, they retain the same attack patterns. Although I really want to say the bosses in the SMS version take far fewer hits to defeat but I haven't played all the way through so I can't speak for the final bosses.

I suppose I could do some kind of write up a la Black Tiger's nice Magical Chase comparison. Maybe I'll tackle that this weekend (Labor Day!) if I don't end up camping.

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »
I suppose I could do some kind of write up a la Black Tiger's nice Magical Chase comparison. Maybe I'll tackle that this weekend (Labor Day!) if I don't end up camping.
Rad to tha max, man!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 10:38:08 AM »
Rad to tha max, man!
nat, that would indeed be awesome. But camping is fun as well.
  |    | 

rag-time4

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 12:24:37 PM »
Nat, Ceti has mentioned that you have some nice 'notes' on Wonderboy in Monsterland.... any chance of leaking them?

ceti alpha

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »
Nat, Ceti has mentioned that you have some nice 'notes' on Wonderboy in Monsterland.... any chance of leaking them?

Rags, nat doesn't have any 'notes'. One night nat was describing where to get the secret items and I took notes. I can give you the tips that nat gave me. They mostly had to do with how to get the castle guide and the ruby. It wouldn't be too hard (relatively) to figure out if you're playing the English version, but you would have a hard time figuring out where all the secret doors are with only the Japanese. The guide is nice for the first few runs of the final castle to get it memorized. The ruby, like nat says above, is good when you've got the castle route memorized and are finally ready to take on the boss.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:52:08 PM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 04:36:33 PM »

Rags, nat doesn't have any 'notes'. One night nat was describing where to get the secret items and I took notes. I can give you the tips that nat gave me. They mostly had to do with how to get the castle guide and the ruby. It wouldn't be too hard (relatively) to figure out if you're playing the English version, but you would have a hard time figuring out where all the secret doors are with only the Japanese. The guide is nice for the first few runs of the final castle to get it memorized. The ruby, like nat says above, is good when you've got the castle route memorized and are finally ready to take on the boss.
Sure Ceti I would love access to this info!

Mathius

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 04:37:12 PM »
 I love it when people discuss the Wonder Boy series. It's such an interesting series of games. I wonder if nat ever conquered his perilous challenge? :wink:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ceti alpha

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
I love it when people discuss the Wonder Boy series. It's such an interesting series of games. I wonder if nat ever conquered his perilous challenge? :wink:

According to pcedai he has, but nat can fill you in on any details. lol

Sure Ceti I would love access to this info!

Next time I see you on the shout I can fill you in. :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:50:35 PM by ceti alpha »

nat

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:47 AM »

Oh yeah, I beat it sometime during the following year (2008). It's been at least two years now.

Like Ceti said, I gave some tips on the "subplot" of the game and where to pick up secret items. All the "notes" I have on the game are in my head-- I've never taken the time to write them down although maybe I should.

Tatsujin

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »
It's a hardcore game for the hardcore cru!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

geise

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 03:17:13 AM »
Well I'm reliving nat's nightmare for him cause I'm in the same damn situation. (except I haven't beaten it yet) I was trying to beat it  this Thanksgiving break.  I've had to take time away from it so I don't end up having to buy another Duo controller.

ceti alpha

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
Well I'm reliving nat's nightmare for him cause I'm in the same damn situation. (except I haven't beaten it yet) I was trying to beat it  this Thanksgiving break.  I've had to take time away from it so I don't end up having to buy another Duo controller.

:lol:

I wish I had pictures of my face during some of the final castle runs. Hell, even during the regular levels. My face would somehow be expressing great anger, bewilderment, and utter desperation all at once.

:angerbewilderationface: