Author Topic: Pc Engine Duo / Duo-r / Grey Super Cd Rom 2 Unit Clean  (Read 200 times)

retrogamesuk

Pc Engine Duo / Duo-r / Grey Super Cd Rom 2 Unit Clean
« on: November 21, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
Hi I thought I'd clean the insides of these units. Is it just like the cleaning of the inside of a PC i.e getting it open and giving it a blow out to get all the dust etc removed? I know there are air dusters but I don't see them as being essential especially for the price of them, how they can get blocked and how long they last from what I can remember. I know PCs are generally easier to get into regarding screw types but I think I've got the right tools to get them all open.

I was also thinking of maybe giving the case + controller of my Duo-r a clean, although it isn't too bad esp for its age. It does have a lightly coloured case though and can become yellowed I hear. I think that can also happen to Snes, Nes etc. I could have a go but I don't want to scratch or ruin anything.

Any advice on this would be excellent and really appreciated.

retrogamesuk

Re: Pc Engine Duo / Duo-r / Grey Super Cd Rom 2 Unit Clean
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 08:26:45 AM »
Shit sorry did a forum search and found loads of stuff on this. Sorry about that. Typical I post first and find it later with a search and when I search first I don't find what I need even if it is somewhere.