Author Topic: Holy **** my RGB mod actually works!!!  (Read 910 times)

Duo_R

Re: Holy **** my RGB mod actually works!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 02:51:52 AM »
njm2267 - they amplify

So what are the ICs doing ,what model ICs are they ?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

SuperDeadite

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 03:14:46 AM »
Could you ship those to the U.S.?

Possibly.  The sellers are a bit flakey to be honest.  I placed an order, they confirmed in a couple days, then I heard nothing for 6 weeks.  Then they asked me to confirm again, and they came in.  Never told me they were shipped.  I always pay by COD, so if nothing shows up, I don't pay at least.  Next time I do an order, I might buy a few extra for others, but no promises.

And for my mod, well I had it all finished, RGB, sound, everything was working beautifully.  Then I put it back in the case and the fuse blew. :(  Tommorow will get a new fuse and try again.  I think I know why it blew, but have to wait and see.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

seefuu1

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 06:24:17 AM »
njm2267 - they amplify

Aye, stupid me,i glanced at the packet it comes in and just assumed it also had the transistors with it ,hence the moment of ............

Duo_R

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 08:59:27 AM »
no problem, I wasn't trying to be short, I was just typing on a Galaxy tab  :D

njm2267 - they amplify

Aye, stupid me,i glanced at the packet it comes in and just assumed it also had the transistors with it ,hence the moment of ............
Add my YouTube channel:

SuperDeadite

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 03:04:38 AM »
My theory was correct, now were back at 100%.  I totally redid the wiring with smaller gauge. (At first I just used spares
I had sitting around.)  Much cleaner now.  Just need to get a plug and connector to make a proper cable, but this does
it for now.  Some people may hate me for cutting the hole.  But I only paid around $30 for this SGX and it's scratched to hell
anyways.  Plus, keeping the old AV connection is nice for recording videos. :) If I can do this mod, anyone can!

COMPOSITE:

RGB:

COMPOSITE:

RGB:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:07:58 AM by SuperDeadite »

Duo_R

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 03:08:31 AM »
does SGFX have a 5 din port? I would suggest replacing with an 8 din for future reference. $30?? Damn that kicks ass, I need to find a beatup one!

Oh and just FYI - if you can ship I would just be interested in the PCB and the NJM chips which would help on shipping.

thanks for posting up the pix.
Add my YouTube channel:

SuperDeadite

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 03:13:55 AM »
I'll see what I can do about the amps, but it'll be awhile.  I plan on doing my Duo-R next now
that I've got the confidence, as the chip is way smaller then the expansion port.  The SGX has the
same 5 pin connector as the Duos.  tried to remove the Din, but my cheap solder sucker just isn't
good enough, to get it loose.  And I've already cut the hole, so no going back :)  I'll probably throw
a 21pin SCART connector on the front.  Should look fine.

Duo_R

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 03:45:45 AM »
k, since the amps are obtainable in the U.S., I guess the part I am more interested in is the PCB. That is pretty nice. Let me know what the Amps cost over there out of curiosity.

I'll see what I can do about the amps, but it'll be awhile.  I plan on doing my Duo-R next now
that I've got the confidence, as the chip is way smaller then the expansion port.  The SGX has the
same 5 pin connector as the Duos.  tried to remove the Din, but my cheap solder sucker just isn't
good enough, to get it loose.  And I've already cut the hole, so no going back :)  I'll probably throw
a 21pin SCART connector on the front.  Should look fine.
Add my YouTube channel:

nat

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »
I can't fathom cutting into my SuperGrafx case, so I plan on installing an SVIDEO mod into the RAU-30. I opened it up; there is TONS of room in there.