Author Topic: Tennokoe 2?  (Read 339 times)

Superfamifreak

Tennokoe 2?
« on: March 19, 2006, 11:08:35 PM »
I was just wondering, if I got a Tennokoe Bank 2 add on for my Core Grafx, is there a way to delete saved files? I used to have a Backup Booster 2 and that wouldn't let me delete.

Cheers

FM-77

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:59:16 PM »
Never heard of the Tennokoe Bank 2, but here's a FAQ for the "regular" Tennokoe Bank.  :wink:

Click!

esteban

Re: Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »
Quote from: "Superfamifreak"
I was just wondering, if I got a Tennokoe Bank 2 add on for my Core Grafx, is there a way to delete saved files? I used to have a Backup Booster 2 and that wouldn't let me delete.

Cheers
Unfortunately, there are no answers on this page:
http://www6.airnet.ne.jp/wataru/pce/back_sys.htm

But, I would be very surprised if Backup Booster (1/2) or Tennokoe Bank 2 didn't have a utility for deleting files and formatting the entire RAM. I've never used these back-ups (though I want to get one for my CoreGrafx), but I was under the impression that NEC modelled the Backup Booster around the CD-ROM's back-up RAM (and thus included a file utility, accessed by pressing "SELECT" or something like that).

In addition, there is the option of using a Tennokoe Bank HuCard in conjunction with these Back-up Units...
  |    | 

Black Tiger

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »
Although I have one and have never used it, I'm ass-uming that you could only delete files within games that either support file management and/or games that only let you choose files to delete once you try to save a new file when the backup ram is full.

Something else I'm wondering... is if the batteries are only required to power it when it's being used in game or if they're required to keep the save files from erasing.

I'm also ass-uming that save file management would be the same deal with the Memory Base-128, something else I own but have never tried.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 10:05:43 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
Although I have one and have never used it, I'm ass-uming that you could only delete files within games that either support file management and/or games that only let you choose files to delete once you try to save a new file when the backup ram is full.

Something else I'm wondering... is if the batteries are only required to power it when it's being used in game or if they're required to keep the save files from erasing.

I'm also ass-uming that save file management would be the same deal with the Memory Base-128, something else I own but have never tried.
You know what? I can safely say that I have no clue how the back up boosters work.

Man, I never even thought about the batteries. How does that work? I think vestcoat said that you have a certain "grace period" when changing the batteries in Memory Base.... I wonder if the back up booster operates similarly.
  |    | 

Superfamifreak

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 06:26:50 AM »
Well, I got my Tennokoe 2 and a game that uses saves and it seems the only way to delete files is to remove the batteries from the unit, but that deletes all your files :(

Looks like I'll need that pen and paper after all.

esteban

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 07:02:36 AM »
Quote from: "Superfamifreak"
Well, I got my Tennokoe 2 and a game that uses saves and it seems the only way to delete files is to remove the batteries from the unit, but that deletes all your files :(

Looks like I'll need that pen and paper after all.
Wait, don't do that yet! If the TBank2 doesn't have a file management utility, then I guess you're expected to get the Tennokoe Bank HuCard and use that to manage your save files!

You can pick up a Tbank HuCard for ~$15, and it will come in very handy, so it's money well spent :).

Still, I'm surprised / disappointed that the Tbank2 doesn't offer some sort of file management on its own.
  |    | 

Superfamifreak

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 07:16:46 AM »
Doesn't matter, the only games I want that use backup saves are Neutopia 1&2.

lkermel

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
I have a Tennokoe 2 in a box somewhere (That's the one that plugs at the back of the console isn't it ?) and I'm nearly sure it had a file management utility... Have you tried to run the console without a HuCard in it ?...

Vanquish

Tennokoe 2?
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »
bump
i am interested, hehehe