Author Topic: SCART Connectors  (Read 521 times)

nikdog

SCART Connectors
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
Does anyone know a good place to buy Female SCART connectors with screw hole mounts? Google Product search has failed me.

Example:

Opethian

Re: SCART Connectors
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
what are you trying to do? make a EURO >JAP scart convertor?

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

nikdog

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:37:19 PM »
No, I'm just sticking a SCART connector on the side of my IFU-30.

nikdog

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:11:05 AM »
Nobody?

Opethian

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:53:15 AM »
looks like sunrisebfd.com sells them ??

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Duo_R

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:57:37 AM »
I suggest putting an 8 din socket and building 8 din to scart. Would look so much cleaner. Of if u install there are 8 dins to scart all over eBay
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

nikdog

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 03:23:39 AM »
There is actually already a VGA connector on the side in an attempted at RGsB, so the current hole is a bit bigger then a DIN8.

MottZilla

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »
You could get a RGB SCART Switchbox, hack off the male cable end and wire it to whatever, leaving the female SCART connectors on the box for connection. I did something similar for my RGB monitor to use SCART RGB cables.

BlackandBlue

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 06:35:17 AM »
Check out the results at mouser to see if any work for you:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=female+scart

You may need to get the screws separately.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Duo_R

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 05:32:51 PM »
Or how about building a vga to scart connector?
Add my YouTube channel:

nikdog

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:19 AM »
Check out the results at mouser to see if any work for you:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=female+scart

You may need to get the screws separately.

Found it! That will work.

Or how about building a vga to scart connector?

Hmm, that might have worked too. Hadn't thought of it.

masaruh

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 07:17:44 AM »
Just a warning, a connector of the kind you have on that pic is hopeless if you want to solder directly to the legs. You have to mount the legs through a pcb to have a chance. Otherwise the heat will melt the tiny plastic parts holding the legs in place and everything will go bananas. I've tried that many times and never succeded. I'd rather RGB mod 5 duos than solder one of those scarts...

BlackandBlue

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 07:22:04 AM »
Just a warning, a connector of the kind you have on that pic is hopeless if you want to solder directly to the legs. You have to mount the legs through a pcb to have a chance. Otherwise the heat will melt the tiny plastic parts holding the legs in place and everything will go bananas. I've tried that many times and never succeded. I'd rather RGB mod 5 duos than solder one of those scarts...

Low wattage iron and flux you should be fine.  If you tin the wires beforehand it should take less than 2 seconds to make the solder melt.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

nikdog

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »

Low wattage iron and flux you should be fine.  If you tin the wires beforehand it should take less than 2 seconds to make the solder melt.

Yea, I've never had a problem soldering to a connector like that and I'm using a gas iron.

Duo_R

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
Nik is the VGA connector installed pretty clean? Or are you set on just replacing it? If it wasn't bad I suggest sticking with VGA it would be dead easy to adapt that to Scart bro.
Add my YouTube channel: