Author Topic: Help fixing a broken mouse?  (Read 275 times)

Black Tiger

Help fixing a broken mouse?
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »
I just got a PCE Mouse from hit-japan and noticed as soon as I took it out of the box, that the left mouse (II?) button doesn't click. I opened it up and the little pad (circled in the pic below) that the button pushes doesn't click, although the working button's pad does.

Looking at the pad from the side, it appears to be sticking out on an angle. I don't know if it is stuck inside like that or has been worn down (looks stuck to me).

Any ideas of how I can fix it? :pray:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

wolfman

Re: Help fixing a broken mouse?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:24:58 PM »
Try fixing it with a needle. I did that in the past with stuck buttons. I pressed with the needle into the button from the side und forced it to come out. Mostly they´ll never get stuck again.

What are you using it for? I have´t had the chance to use it on a game so far....
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fidde_se

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:23:49 AM »
You can cut off the four bumps with a knife, there will be a metal membrane in there that you can clean with alcohol, reassemble, superglue the four holes with a toothpick, just do it outside as the fumes can go into the membrane making it a little bit non galvanic...

For GBA and DS shoulder buttons, and megadrive pause buttons, you can usually drain them in alcohol and klick like a freak to make the oxides and other residues go away.
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

Fidde_se

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 06:33:56 AM »
Or just replace it with a Tact switch which it is.
Like TC-0010 http://www.suntan.com.hk/pdf/switch/TSS-TC-0010.pdf
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 02:18:14 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I managed to pull it out using a needle. :D

Will remember these tips for the future.

What are you using it for? I have´t had the chance to use it on a game so far....

I want to try mouse-play for every game which supports it. The game I most had in mind is Megami Tensei Sin. I don't know if it actually supports the mouse, but the Mega-CD version does. I tested it out with Brandish and was surprised how well the game plays using it. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Lochlan

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »
I tested it out with Brandish and was surprised how well the game plays using it. :)

Yes to this.  Brandish is an excellent (if flawed) game when played with the mouse.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

wolfman

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I managed to pull it out using a needle. :D

:D

Sadly the mouse doesn´t work on Populous - it would have been a great thing to play it that way. Unfortunately the mouse just goes berzerk when I try using it...

Modding a mouse to work with any game would be definitely a cool thing...somebody would have to figure out how to merge the controls of a pad with the mousewheels/button-combo....

Anyone?  :lol: :-" :dance:
CryptoCoin Warrior

roflmao

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:59:11 PM »
Is there a thread here that lists all the mouse-compatible games?  I've really wanted to pick up a mouse just for the absurdity of it, but would like to be able to use it...

wolfman

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »
Is there a thread here that lists all the mouse-compatible games?  I've really wanted to pick up a mouse just for the absurdity of it, but would like to be able to use it...

Yes, try the forum sarch.
CryptoCoin Warrior