Author Topic: WTB- looking for the music cd+g that was included with the system (trade or buy)  (Read 1595 times)

GameFreak

Basically the first cd+g disc that is going in my system is the one that was originally included with the systems, It's for NEC respect/nostalgia reasons. After I acquire that cd+g, I have no hesitation on getting other random cd+g's that are similar to my musical tastes. But that specific "NEC included cd+g" comes first.

It's funny I have probably 4 or more modern devices (computers, xbox, dvd players) that all play musical audio CD's, but when I get a brand new music CD, guess which one I always play it in first (...before I download it)?...yup, the NEC. That might seem like a waste of the lifespan of the NEC system, but i swear it sounds SOOOO much better!  8-[  :D

So who has the cd+g for sale?  :-"

SignOfZeta

Im not sure if there any any non-CD+G versions of Information Society's first album. Its possible later printings left this feature out, but I doubt it. Its self titled. You can get it on eBay, Amazon, etc. Its not rare at all. Back in the day all my friends had it. I used to have it, but for some reason I now only own the the LP.

I've never seen the Hendrix CD, but then again I don't care for Hendrix.

I've always been interested in opera releases with graphics and subtitles. I know these exist, but I don't follow that scene at all so I never ran across one.

MotherGunner

Cool I picked up the Information Society CD. Love those guys.  Gonna hunt for the Hendrix one too.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Out of curiosity about the format, I recently bought the Hendrix one too.  There are multiple pressings (few of which are cd+g versions), so you'll probably have to ask the seller for more info. to determine if it's the right one (check the hub marking for "cd+g").

As for Information Society, don't count on them all having cd+g info.  There are two separate cd+g pressings (one by JVC and one by WEA), so it's not unlikely that there was at least one more pressing that lacked the cd+g goodies; again, check the hub marking for "cd+g" to avoid disappointment.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

Out of curiosity about the format, I recently bought the Hendrix one too.  There are multiple pressings (few of which are cd+g versions), so you'll probably have to ask the seller for more info. to determine if it's the right one (check the hub marking for "cd+g").

As for Information Society, don't count on them all having cd+g info.  There are two separate cd+g pressings (one by JVC and one by WEA), so it's not unlikely that there was at least one more pressing that lacked the cd+g goodies; again, check the hub marking for "cd+g" to avoid disappointment.

Yeah, I haven't popped my Information Society disc into the TG16 to test, but I don't think it has the CD+G extras.  It's a Japanese pressing from Sony.  It doesn't mention CD+G anywhere on the back or in the manual (that I can tell).

MotherGunner

Thanks for the heads up Necro, out of all the choices I made sure to get the ones supposedly pressed in the 80's (not the 2000's reissues).

*fingers crossed*  If not, I'll still enjoy the CDs so its a win-win since I got them both for under $10 shipped.
-MG

SignOfZeta

Regarding the INSOC album. If it's Japanese it wouldn't surprise me if the feature was left out.

I'm not familiar with the tech behind CD+G, but doesn't the info reside in an inaudible analog signal? If that's the case I think all pressings would have this stuff unless it got remastered. Even if later labels/publishers didn't even know it was there.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
No wait let me clarify. ...

Okay, that makes more sense...kinda. I'm not as "nostalgic" as you (don't care if I play a burn). But I do remember waiting for the $300 CD add-on to offer some sort of bonus, so when Babages slapped on the sticker for the included CD-G sampler on the display box, that was all I needed to enter the wonderful world of Turbo CD. You do know that the CD has nothing to do with NEC/Turbo, it just a WNM sampler(or were there multiply versions?).

http://www.cdplusg.com/Compilations/Entries/2007/7/9_Various_-_CD+G_A_New_Dimension.html

Over the years, I picked up the Jimi, Alphaville and Fleetwood Mac discs. Clearance stuff in bins at record stores, if I saw the CD-G logo I felt I had to get it. I always wanted to Holst: Planets disc...I'd be up for a trade if someone had that disc.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:26:46 AM by majors »
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

henrycsc

Majors, the site you posted is a great reference to the CD+G catalog (though it does omit tons of later karaoke style discs)

www.cdplusg.com/Main.html

For each CD, it does provide the album number that contains the CD+G data (typically only the earliest pressings).
Even with the more common CDs, it's hard to find the CD+G format version.  Most sellers don't want to look through a stack of $1 CDs to identify if the Emmylou Harris CD has the data or not.  You might have some luck taking a list to a local used CD store or thrift store though.

As for the CD+G sample disc, it wasn't included with every TGCD that was produced, and it is the same disc that was also packaged with the SegaCD.  Though playing it in a TGCD is much more awesomer.  :)
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

MotherGunner

Majors, the site you posted is a great reference to the CD+G catalog (though it does omit tons of later karaoke style discs)

For each CD, it does provide the album number that contains the CD+G data (typically only the earliest pressings).
Even with the more common CDs, it's hard to find the CD+G format version.  Most sellers don't want to look through a stack of $1 CDs to identify if the Emmylou Harris CD has the data or not.  You might have some luck taking a list to a local used CD store or thrift store though.

As for the CD+G sample disc, it wasn't included with every TGCD that was produced, and it is the same disc that was also packaged with the SegaCD.  Though playing it in a TGCD is much more awesomer.  :)

Awesome, didn't know that, just picked up Rock Paintings (Sega CD CD+G) still SEALED for $10 shipped!

There are still a couple left on Ebay used now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Paintings-Hot-Hits-Sega-CD-Both-Discs-/190578009607?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c5f55a607
-MG

MotherGunner

So I got the Hendrix and dammit, no G's.  But the IS CD is awesome!

Can't wait for Rock Paintings.
-MG

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Thought I found one, but it's just the instructions (wrong disc included): linky.  I've notified the seller, though, so keep an eye on it; he might have the correct disc around.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MotherGunner

Very cool.
-MG

xelement5x

Even with the more common CDs, it's hard to find the CD+G format version.  Most sellers don't want to look through a stack of $1 CDs to identify if the Emmylou Harris CD has the data or not.  You might have some luck taking a list to a local used CD store or thrift store though.

As for the CD+G sample disc, it wasn't included with every TGCD that was produced, and it is the same disc that was also packaged with the SegaCD.  Though playing it in a TGCD is much more awesomer.  :)

Awesome, didn't know that, just picked up Rock Paintings (Sega CD CD+G) still SEALED for $10 shipped!

There are still a couple left on Ebay used now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Paintings-Hot-Hits-Sega-CD-Both-Discs-/190578009607?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c5f55a607

I've also got that pair of discs, they're definitely a unique set.  There was another SegaCD music video disc called Colors of Modern Rock that was released, but that was called a "Virtual VCR" or something.  Not very entertaining though.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

henrycsc

Yes, there were several CD+G samplers that game out with different consoles and some home theater systems. 

Sorry about that, the "A New Dimension" disc that came with the Turbo is the same disc that came with the Phillips CD-I not the Sega CD.  The Rock Paintings disc certainly has a similar selection of music/graphics though.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.