Author Topic: WTB- looking for the music cd+g that was included with the system (trade or buy)  (Read 1600 times)

MotherGunner

Still waiting on Rock Paintings...  I know it shipped though, so hopefully tomorrow.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Here's another one.  You guys can arm wrestle for it.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

So then why don't you buy the entire Hendrix CD that this thing only gives you a sample of? Its probably also $5 but a hundred times more common.

The Information Society CD is pretty great too. I'm just assuming its also sampled, it was on the Sega CD sampler.

I've been hunting for all the CD+G discs, too. Someone from these forums (actually, it was someone who was friends with a forum member here) helped me grab a few several years ago...

The problem is that they never pressed massive quantities of the CD+G versions of an album: I have Talking Heads — Naked (I bought the original CD pressing back when it was first released), but only a specially marked minority of these CD's (sticker! SKU!) are CD+G.

Little Feat and Information Society = I have

TurboPlay cover story on CD+G, my ramblings

Pre-wikipedia/internet, the above TurboPlay article was one of the most useful resources about CD+G (I suspect it was also printed in an audiophile magazine, too, from the same publisher, but I have never confirmed it).

Finally, those horrible KARAOKE discs are the bane of my existence!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:16:35 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

hoobs88

It's the same one Necromancer referenced above. My bad. Didn't notice until afterwards.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

GameFreak

Here's another one.  You guys can arm wrestle for it.

FYI-One of these discs just got listed on ebay today...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CD-G-Compact-Disk-Graphics-Very-Rare-TurboDuo-TG-16-TurboGrafx-/250944795183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a6d79b22f

Darn I hate it when items mysteriously disappear from ebay before the auction is over  ](*,)  :?:  :!:

If anyone else sees another one on Ebay, please let me know.

MotherGunner

If you want the same disc, get Rock Paintings for Sega CD.   There are plenty on Amazon and super cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rock+paintings+sega&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arock+paintings+sega&ajr=0
-MG

GameFreak

If you want the same disc, get Rock Paintings for Sega CD.   There are plenty on Amazon and super cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rock+paintings+sega&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arock+paintings+sega&ajr=0

Do you know if the artwork on the disc is the same as the NEC demo? any other differences?

MotherGunner

I know that Rock paintings is two discs, with a different type of artwork both on the CDs and outer case.  The content of Disc 1 however is the same content as the TG CD+G sampler.

For what Amazon is asking though, it is definitely worthwhile to pick that up anyways as you continue to keep an eye out for the version you want.  Hope this helps. 
-MG

jperryss

I know that Rock paintings is two discs, with a different type of artwork both on the CDs and outer case.  The content of Disc 1 however is the same content as the TG CD+G sampler.

For what Amazon is asking though, it is definitely worthwhile to pick that up anyways as you continue to keep an eye out for the version you want.  Hope this helps.  

I compared the TG sampler tracklist posted earlier in the thread here with the tracklist for Rock Paintings here, and they do not appear to be the same songs.

MotherGunner

I will stand corrected, as I could have sworn I read somewhere it was the same disc.  After a search i can't find the reference.  Comparing those two seems like you get the best deal of songs from the Rock Paintings discs.
-MG

esteban

Re: WTB- looking for the music cd+g that was included with the system (trade or
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »
I know that Rock paintings is two discs, with a different type of artwork both on the CDs and outer case.  The content of Disc 1 however is the same content as the TG CD+G sampler.

For what Amazon is asking though, it is definitely worthwhile to pick that up anyways as you continue to keep an eye out for the version you want.  Hope this helps. 

I compared the TG sampler tracklist posted earlier in the thread here with the tracklist for Rock Paintings here, and they do not appear to be the same songs.

Even without looking at the sources you linked to, I can confirm that they are not the same sampler discs.

Unfortunately, the CD+G sampler disc included with some TG-CD's is a TOTALLY GENERIC item and is not branded in any way to make it special.

I suggest getting the the Information Society CD+G album because it is awesome (ok, some tracks are lackluster, but still...)

SPOCK, yes Spock is sampled (the ubiquitous "pure energy") in the hit track from the album.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
I suggest getting the Hendrix album because it is awesomer.  8)

GameFreak

still looking for this cd+g disc that was included with the system. Let me know if you know of one for sale please. :-"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Here's one now!  It's at relatively reasonable $13.50 now, but it'll probably end in la la land.