Author Topic: WTB- looking for the music cd+g that was included with the system (trade or buy)  (Read 1581 times)

GameFreak

^ noted,....and thank you sir
 :pray:

esteban

^ noted,....and thank you sir
 :pray:

I won't battle you for this .

As I posted earlier, though, it's a shame that this is a totally generic sampler with no TG-16 branding at all (not even a lame sleeve or sticker).

ALPHAVILLE CD+G album is what I want. I'd love to get that.

|    | 

TheClash603

Just out of curiosity, does this CD+G have a back insert in the case?  I own the CD and the booklet, but mine is in a generic looking case.  I did not buy the item new, so I am not sure if this is how it came.  The picture in the auction does not have a back shot.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Good question.  Mine's in a generic case, but it was also bought used.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

GameFreak

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CD-G-A-New-Dimension-Sampler-CD-Pack-In-with-a-Turbo-Duo-TurboGrafx-CD-System-/221141388646?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337d0dcd66

I won't battle you for this .

As I posted earlier, though, it's a shame that this is a totally generic sampler with no TG-16 branding at all (not even a lame sleeve or sticker).

ALPHAVILLE CD+G album is what I want. I'd love to get that.

Out of my price range already, good luck!

Anyone got one for $20 or under let me know

TheClash603

I asked the seller, and he said this one is also in a generic case with no back.  According to the seller, that is how it originally came, though the case his is in is a replacement.  Mine is in a thin case, which is what he said is the original.

Based on the fact there are three of us that don't have the CD back, but do have the booklet, I am inclined to believe this is how it came originally.

DarkKobold

I asked the seller, and he said this one is also in a generic case with no back.  According to the seller, that is how it originally came, though the case his is in is a replacement.  Mine is in a thin case, which is what he said is the original.

Based on the fact there are three of us that don't have the CD back, but do have the booklet, I am inclined to believe this is how it came originally.

Does yours have a weird lip to hold in the book?
Hey, you.

MotherGunner

I also wanted this bad, but I will remain patient.  So I will not be placing a bid on this.  Looks like it has gone up though.  Currently at $31 at the time of this post.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TheClash603

Does yours have a weird lip to hold in the book?

The plastic clips that hold the book in are longer than the usual plastic pieces that hold in a game's manual.  I never saw another case like this one, makes me almost think it was made specifically for the CD+G.   Unfortunately one of my plastic lips/clips is bent.

roflmao

If you're just looking to enjoy the experience, you can pick up the Sega CD version off Amazon.com for a lot less than the TG-16 CD version.  And from what I hear, it includes all the same CD+G songs.  I recently ordered one and it also included a second music sampler containing some semi indy alternative stuff (at the time).  TMBG, Lush, and Throwing Muses are on there to name a few.  Anyway, I think mine was something like $7.50 shipped.  It's not true OBEY, but it's close enough for me. :P

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Paintings-And-Hot-Hits/dp/B0007YI4F2

GameFreak

$48.50 final price(?)!!!...i think my days of adding anything to my collection are seriously coming to an end  :(

MotherGunner

Wait. You did't get it?
-MG

GameFreak

no effin way.
i would be really happy paying $10-$16, a stretch would be $25-$28. These prices/bids are insane

im still looking for the cd-g

lemme know if anyone has one for sale

MotherGunner

Well, the only reason I didn't bid was because I didn't want to screw your chances.  Next time please take the time to let us know what your limit is so that when it passes it, it's fair game for the rest of us.

Communication.
-MG

GameFreak

sorry-
I had a limit in my bid, it went WAY over that. The last one of these went for $5 and one other for $16. I doubt I'll ever bid on Ebay again. $48.50...rofl  ](*,)

I cant post my bidding limit in a public forum without possibly being taken advantage of by ebay sellers.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:42:43 AM by GameFreak »