Author Topic: New batch of fake Sapphires?  (Read 678 times)

Black Tiger

Re: New batch of fake Sapphires?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »
wow, i hadnt heard of bootleg hueys

They're from back in the day. Here's a great summary of them-

http://videogameden.com/vgden_pi.htm
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Edmond Dantes

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
If its not the only one that's been bootlegged, its certainly the most well known bootleg.  You yourself have one :D

Yep!

I wish I had a custom case and manual for it though (I don't want one that looks too much like the real thing).  Happen to know anyone who makes such things?

ddd1234

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 07:32:05 PM »
I got one of those complete fake copies.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

BlueBMW

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »
I wish I had a custom case and manual for it though (I don't want one that looks too much like the real thing).  Happen to know anyone who makes such things?

In the thread where I gave them away there is a download link buried for some case / manual inserts that have been appropriately doctored to represent the bootleg nature of the discs.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

duo16

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 04:29:30 AM »
I was thinking abou bidding  on  that sapphire that's on ebay  do you guys really think it's a bootleg 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 05:34:29 AM »
As far as CD games going, sapphire is so far the only well known bootleg.

Don't forget Space Fantasy Zone from the same dude.  That one's pretty easy to pick out as a fake, though, considering that there's no such thing as a retail game.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Tatsujin

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 05:56:05 AM »
Yeah right there, I was only refering to actually released games :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 06:03:43 AM »
I was thinking abou bidding  on  that sapphire that's on ebay  do you guys really think it's a bootleg 

Personally, I'd use the "too good to be true" measure when deciding. Just be prepared in case that it is a fake and that the seller was unaware of it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

xelement5x

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »
I'd read somewhere that there were boots of Fausette Amour as well, but the person never elaborated on how to tell the difference.  Has anyone else heard of something like this?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

TheClash603

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »
If it were a different game, I could perhaps justify the high asking price...  however, for a game which has been bootlegged to death, I'll never attempt to by the legit version.  You almost have to assume you are buying the bootleg, and if it is real, you can be happy.

Not to mention, there are throngs of professionally pressed so close to legit it might as well be legit readily available to play copy of the game...

SignOfZeta

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
I'd read somewhere that there were boots of Fausette Amour as well, but the person never elaborated on how to tell the difference.  Has anyone else heard of something like this?

Almost certainly bullshit.

xelement5x

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 04:46:13 AM »

Almost certainly bullshit.

Good to hear, at least that means my copy is legit then!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story