Author Topic: Which announced but unreleased Turbo game are you most disappointed about?  (Read 2952 times)

MotherGunner

Re: Which announced but unreleased Turbo game are you most disappointed about?
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 08:10:26 AM »
I remember that.  I posted some screenshots for Ziria 360 back in the day.  These are great games.  I put them up there with Ys and its sad they never made it here.

Speaking of which, have you guys seen this article?

It does correlate with what has been happening for a while now.

http://www.1up.com/features/japanese-games-breaking-west
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 08:28:06 AM »
I remember that.  I posted some screenshots for Ziria 360 back in the day.  These are great games.  I put them up there with Ys and its sad they never made it here.

Speaking of which, have you guys seen this article?

It does correlate with what has been happening for a while now.

http://www.1up.com/features/japanese-games-breaking-west

Yeah, I read through it.

Really though, it is reversed. Westerners were buying Japanese games, that were for all intents and purposes just as Japanese as they were before. It's just that there's so much more Western stuff out there specifically aimed at Westerners that the Japanese and Western markets have started to split significantly.
--DragonmasterDan

MotherGunner

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:38 AM »
Agreed.  Luckily most games are easy to import as they contain english.  It's the RPGs that are a PITA.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

henrycsc

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 03:30:25 PM »
I don't think there's any way it could've been Spriggan 2, there's lot's of dialogue in it, which means lot's of translating, even if they left out the voices.  Terraforming was probably either cheap, or free for them to bring over. 

I only said it because this was what my friend and I believed back in the day.  With efforts like Beyond Shadowgate, it wouldn't have been unreasonable to think that they could have aimed higher.  Once we got Terraforming, my friend and I just looked at each other and asked "how did they pick this game?"  It's a great game, but free or not, it did little to expand the market of the Duo in the US.

Even a US Dracula X or Sapphire wouldn't have saved the system by that time, but it could have sent it off with a bang.  I suppose they could have released a US Virtual Cushion and Hi Leg Fantasy.  Take the Wii marketing scheme to a whole new level.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
Found the pics of Riftwar Saga, I know it's not absolutely incredible looking, but, I've always had an interest in it none the less

As for Japanese gaming.  While today I do buy more Western games then BITD, most of my games are from Japan.  I still love Jp games more over Western in general, though the gap between them is smaller. 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 12:10:11 AM »
wow PD, that looks amazing!!  I've never heard of Riftwar Saga till this moment.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:09 AM »
wow PD, that looks amazing!!  I've never heard of Riftwar Saga till this moment.

BTW, I found a few other games TTI showed off at CES's. These include Snatcher (yes, I'm serious), Image Fight II, I also found very brief video of King of the Monsters 2 and World Heroes along with some others. I may put up pictures in a little bit.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 01:46:53 AM »
Here's some pictures from a CES of some unreleased games or banners for unreleased games.

--DragonmasterDan

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 02:52:52 AM »
Once we got Terraforming, my friend and I just looked at each other and asked "how did they pick this game?"

I think they were banking on Syd Mead's name to help to sell the game.  Didn't work.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 03:26:08 AM »
Once we got Terraforming, my friend and I just looked at each other and asked "how did they pick this game?"

I think they were banking on Syd Mead's name to help to sell the game.  Didn't work.

the flaw in that plan is Syd Mead fans didn't buy the Turbob because it wasn't called Syd Mead's Turbob Grafx-16
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

KingDrool

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:33 AM »
Ah yes, I remember seeing stuff for Ranma 1/2 and Snatcher. It was Snatcher that really got me excited back in the day. Years later, I eventually got it on the Sega CD, weeping for my poor Turbo Duo and that it missed out on such a great game.

That last batch of announced-but-unreleased games was really great. Thanks for the post, Dan.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 05:28:10 AM »
Ah yes, I remember seeing stuff for Ranma 1/2 and Snatcher. It was Snatcher that really got me excited back in the day. Years later, I eventually got it on the Sega CD, weeping for my poor Turbo Duo and that it missed out on such a great game.

That last batch of announced-but-unreleased games was really great. Thanks for the post, Dan.

No problem, I figured photo evidence of some of these would be useful. For World Heroes and King of the Monsters 2, all I had were title screens.
--DragonmasterDan

Senshi

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 06:27:51 AM »
Was dracula X announced or just not thought about?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Mathius

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
Was dracula X announced or just not thought about?

I doubt it was even considered due to the Turbo being on life support at that time.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »

I doubt it was even considered due to the Turbo being on life support at that time.

It looks like TTI licensed two games from Konami that never got released. One of the Gradius games, and Snatcher. Neither of which saw the light of day. Dracula X came out almost a year after all those games I showed you below were shown off by TTI. TTI had enough trouble releasing games they had the rights to before they could worry about ones they didn't.
--DragonmasterDan