Author Topic: New member Introduction Thread  (Read 2299 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: New member Introduction Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
Welcome aboard, Flavor.  *insert requisite Flavor Flav jibe here*
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

city41

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 04:31:21 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new too.

I originally got a TG16 at launch, had a Duo in college, and recently have decided to return to this awesome machine. I went with a TG16 with the CD add on this time. I always wanted the CD add on as a kid, so it was a nostalgic decision. I've modded it with BlueBMW's mod board (thanks man!) and have an arcade card pro on its way to let me dive into super and arcade goodness.

I'm currently playing through Ys and trying to 1cc Aero Blasters.

I'm also big into the Neo Geo, and like to write my own games in my spare time as well.

So far this board is nice, seems like a good group.

esteban

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »
Hi guys.  I just joined.  I've been playing TurboDuo with my daughters lately, and I have some ideas for PCE/TG16 hardware projects.

I originally got a TG16 at launch, had a Duo in college, and recently have decided to return to this awesome machine. I went with a TG16 with the CD add on this time. I always wanted the CD add on as a kid, so it was a nostalgic decision. I've modded it with BlueBMW's mod board (thanks man!) and have an arcade card pro on its way to let me dive into super and arcade goodness.

I'm also big into the Neo Geo, and like to write my own games in my spare time as well.

Welcome, comrades.

I love AeroBlasters. A solid challenge. Very satisfying.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:18:06 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 04:24:27 AM »
Welcome aboard, city.  Any chance of you doing some Turbob homebrew?

grimm

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »
Hello. I just made my first posts today after having been a member of the forums for a few months. Ive always been interested in PC Engine but never really got myself a system. I am now activly looking for a Core Grafx and have my eyes set on a couple of them which might become a purchase within a week.

My dream would be to purchase a modded and refurbished DUO-R from doujindance on ebay. Hopefully he keeps the systems coming like he has for years, for at least 6 months more, and ill be one of his customers. The way he cleans off the yellowing, replaces the laser unit and reinforces the I/O ports makes him my only choice, untill someone can do the same thing!

I have collected games, as a gamer, for over 20 years, and i enjoy most genre's except FPS's which i dislike like no other genre. Third person works fine though. My favourite system is 3DO, but i really dont have any "fanboy-syndrom" towards any system, of which i own 10ish different ones. The PC Engine seems like the next step when it comes to more specifically japanese style games, such as shootem ups, platform titles, puzzles and bomberman type games.

Ive actually picked up two games so far, without a way of playing them, Street fighter 2, and a dodgeball game ive already forgotten the name of, made by Naxat soft, along with the Hori Fighting Stick PC. Now all i need is a bloody system to play them...

So here i am!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2012, 09:58:01 AM »
Welcome aboard, Jacob or Wilhelm.  Unless you really have your heart set on getting a CG, I'd save your pennies for a Duo-R/X (or Duo with cap job);  there's lots of great HuCARD titles, but there's a ton of great CD titles too.

grimm

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:37 PM »
My name is neither Jacob or Wilhelm so i dont understand at all what you are refering to. But the plan is to get a duo-r or rx eventually, but for now cd-titles will have to wait.

roflmao

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »
My name is neither Jacob or Wilhelm so i dont understand at all what you are refering to.

:roll:

Kids these days. :)

grimm

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:59 PM »
Yeah im only 34  :roll:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2012, 03:51:44 AM »
My name is neither Jacob or Wilhelm so i dont understand at all what you are refering to.

Those are the given names for the Grimm brothers.

grimm

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2012, 05:22:27 AM »

Those are the given names for the Grimm brothers.

Oh, i see. Well, as aparent, i know nothing of them other than they are some sort of fairy tail. My internet alias grimm, comes from a yellow cartoon dog.

Windy

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2012, 07:51:28 AM »
Grimm did you used to play Phantasy Star Zero out of the Pso-world Forums?
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

FiftyQuid

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
It was pointed out to me yesterday that I haven't introduced myself to the members of PCEngineFX.  So I'm here to do so now...

My usual forum name is FiftyQuid.  I found this forum through CGCC and really like the dedication to information here.  The repair guides are intense and the dedication videos to NEC damn near made me tear up.

I'm just another collector.  My favourite system as a kid (16 years old) was the TG-16.  After that was the Genesis, and NES.  I'm looking at collecting TG-16 games first, but I'd also like to grab those 'gems' from the Genesis and NES that I really enjoyed playing (eg. Gun.Smoke, Blaster Master, Mega Man, etcetera).  Glad to be here and I hope to contribute as much as I can.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

turbokon

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
Hi guys.  I just joined.  I've been playing TurboDuo with my daughters lately, and I have some ideas for PCE/TG16 hardware projects.

Welcome, comrades.

I love AeroBlasters. A solid challenge. Very satisfying.

Awwww, AeroBlasters, first shooter I played on the turbografx back in the days and one of my favorites. Been playing it a lot lately on my newly modded 3.5" LCD TE:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

rsa2000

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2012, 12:11:11 AM »
I'm new to the forum.... well lurked for a long time....  Used this site for inspiration to fix a dead tgcd unit...  picked up a broken unit with stuck gears and no spin/laser activity... blew all the cat hair outta it.. unstuck the gear.. cleaned the lens and it came to life. I got a cd base unit on the way and got a japan system card 3.0 so a chopsado is in my future.  I think I have read about every topic on the forums.  This place has it all!  Anyway back in the 90s i picked up a new tg16 near the end of its lifespan and I have loved it ever since.