Author Topic: New member Introduction Thread  (Read 2324 times)

Muyfa666

Re: New member introduction section
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »
Hi fellas. Thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a easy going dude who's been around for 30-ish years now. Have loved video gaming since the lovely NES-era. Right now, I'm spreading my time between a 5-month daughter (and the wifey of course), my work, video games and ever so often single malt whisky. Basically the good stuff in life. :-)

So eh... hi!

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy this great community!

nectarsis

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »
Welcome :)

and ever so often single malt whisky

^ Waits for le tats to notice LOL
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

esteban

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
Hi fellas. Thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a easy going dude who's been around for 30-ish years now. Have loved video gaming since the lovely NES-era. Right now, I'm spreading my time between a 5-month daughter (and the wifey of course), my work, video games and ever so often single malt whisky. Basically the good stuff in life. :-)

So eh... hi!

Welcome, comrade

I'm juggling 7 month-old twins (newest additions to family), so I know how fleeting time can be  .
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:14 AM »
Welcome aboard, muyfa.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 02:36:36 AM »
Welcome.  You sound like you'll fit right in here. :D  My little guy is about to turn 4.

MomentsAgo

Re: New member Introduction Thread
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 10:07:57 AM »
Greetings all! Name's Austin and I found this place while googling for a video fix for the Turbo Express  :D

I'm no stranger to retro gaming but I am a bit of a newbie to the TurboGrafx 16 and related consoles. I've heard about it for years but it was never high on my priority list(always been an NES kid) until recently. I finally managed to track one down for the right price about four months ago and I have completely fallen in love with this system! So much so that I've already acquired a second one and a Turbo Express, LOL. It's safe to say that this machine has jumped up in rank quite a few spots on my list of favorite consoles, and I'm sure it will only continue to climb higher as I acquire a CD ad on and/or a Turbo duo!

My collection is pretty small right now, consisting of only a handful of games, but I hope to build it up over the next few months with the help of this place! Games are pretty tough to find around these parts so I feel very fortunate to have what I have. Looking forward to jumping into some discussions, learning more about this fantastic line of systems and making new friends!  :D

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »
Welcome aboard, Austin.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

kakutolives

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
Hello,

A couple of you guys have probably seen me pop here and there in this forum. However I thought i should introduce myself properly.
I am a 26 year old guy who knows probably way too much about video games for his own good. Unfortunately I have only experienced how awesome the PC engine is through emulation so far but I am working on getting me a console with all the bells and whistles at the moment. I found out about this awesome console through a friend. This whole thing has actually sparked a new found interest in old school consoles for me. Here is to hoping i get to make some good friends around here.
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

nat

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »
Welcome.

esteban

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
Welcome MomentsAgo and kakutolives!!

|    | 

420GOAT

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 09:03:21 AM »
hello guys im Raul and im  36 and i just recently purchased a sweet used express. i cant wait for it to arrive, at 14 in '90 i remember my first time playing the tg 16 home console. i had it for a couple years then sold it to get nes money. :cry: anyway this site is sweet and i must admit im a classic chevy/vw hobby mechanic not a comp wiz. if any one ever has vw/chevy questions hit me up...the technical side of tg16 ...i know nothing so please be patient with me. im getting bonk, kieth courage, baseball with my express, and i ordered ninja spirit off ebay. im excited about all the japannese games but i need to get the basics first. see you on the boards.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

esteban

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2012, 06:27:06 PM »
hello guys im Raul and im  36 and i just recently purchased a sweet used express. i cant wait for it to arrive, at 14 in '90 i remember my first time playing the tg 16 home console. i had it for a couple years then sold it to get nes money. :cry: anyway this site is sweet and i must admit im a classic chevy/vw hobby mechanic not a comp wiz. if any one ever has vw/chevy questions hit me up...the technical side of tg16 ...i know nothing so please be patient with me. im getting bonk, kieth courage, baseball with my express, and i ordered ninja spirit off ebay. im excited about all the japannese games but i need to get the basics first. see you on the boards.

Welcome, 420GOAT, comrade .

We are happy to help out. Ask questions, share your thoughts.
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
And no, none of us want to buy any weed.

Phosis

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:00 AM »
Hey there,

I'm Joel and I come from some place far away. I recently decided to get into PC Engine after learning about the Sega arcade ports that they had (specifically After Burner which is one of my favorite games of all time) thanks to a guy named John Redmond, his friend Daryl, and a YouTube show they have called Game Bag. I bought a modded Turbografx-16 from another forum along with the fantastically underwhelming Keith Courage and the fun and playable Bomberman. After that I went on a game crazy bender and ordered a few more titles. I have these ones on the way, all of them are PC Engine versions since, hell, they are cheaper (and some only available in that format)

Space Harrier
After Burner
Doraemon (Cratermaze)
PC Genjin
Genpei Tomaden
Devil Crash
Dragon Spirit
Valkyrie no Densetsu

I am most excited for Devil Crash which was one of my favorite for the Genesis.

I mostly have been using this forum for educational purposes (as well as shopping, Valkyrie is being sold to me by a member here) but I thought I'd introduce myself so I don't look like some suspiciously quiet spam bot.

So hey.

Oh and I also bought Bloody Wolf...which rules.