Author Topic: New member Introduction Thread  (Read 2337 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: New member Introduction Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 06:16:25 AM »
Welcome aboard, Phosis and Goat.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »
Hey there,

I'm Joel and I come from some place far away. I recently decided to get into PC Engine after learning about the Sega arcade ports that they had (specifically After Burner which is one of my favorite games of all time) thanks to a guy named John Redmond, his friend Daryl, and a YouTube show they have called Game Bag. I bought a modded Turbografx-16 from another forum along with the fantastically underwhelming Keith Courage and the fun and playable Bomberman. After that I went on a game crazy bender and ordered a few more titles. I have these ones on the way, all of them are PC Engine versions since, hell, they are cheaper (and some only available in that format)

Space Harrier
After Burner
Doraemon (Cratermaze)
PC Genjin
Genpei Tomaden
Devil Crash
Dragon Spirit
Valkyrie no Densetsu

I am most excited for Devil Crash which was one of my favorite for the Genesis.

I mostly have been using this forum for educational purposes (as well as shopping, Valkyrie is being sold to me by a member here) but I thought I'd introduce myself so I don't look like some suspiciously quiet spam bot.

So hey.

Oh and I also bought Bloody Wolf...which rules.

Welcome, comrade .

Yes, Bloody Wolf rules.

I personally think that the PCE/TG-16 version of Devil Crash is superior to the Genny version (Dragon's Fury), but I still like the Genny version. The soundtrack is killer, of course

I think the port of Space Harrier is a blast to play. No, it isn't perfect, but there's something really nice of the PCE version. Hopefully you'll like it to. 

I won't comment on the rest of the games, but suffice it to say you have a decent library to begin your PCE adventure.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:36:04 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Phosis

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
I have to agree so far on Devil Crash. I think the music sounds better for one thing, the skeleton laughing actually sounds like...well, I guess what a skeleton laughing should sound like. The bonus stages are nice too; I'm not really missing the snake coming out of the guys mouth, that was always a pain in the ass.

Space Harrier is a great port, and After Burner II is really impressive as well. Overall it has been a fun experience so far. I feel like I'm missing a lot sticking to HuCards, but there seem to be a lot of HuCards as well.

Evilplayground

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »
*Ahem*
(stands)
My name is Evilplayground, and I am a retro game addict. 
I've been directed to this great site by a fellow member and collector, Sparky.  My NEC collection is teenie tiny as I've only just begun, but have a few thousand games ranging from RCA Studio II to PS3.

I found myself in a dusty thrift store off the beaten path one day and happened upon a boxed, seemingly complete Core Grafx machine in its original box.  Price tag; only $5.  SOLD.  I was giddy with my new find and took it home to inspect.  Of course, I've never had much luck in these matters and this occasion in particular proved the same.  It was 'retrofitted' with some bizarre PAL type modification and was utterly useless.  Then I looked at the controllers, where I noticed these weren't first party pads, oh no, they were something different entirely.  They look legit from a quick glance, but one might spot the little red switch on the side of these things along with the main logo being ever so slightly....wrong.

Dear ole Sparky assured me he could save my machine and my sanity and has since sent it for servicing to one of you fine fellows.  I have yet to see the final product, but man oh man, am I excited!

So, anyway, I hope to meet more enthusiasts and learn a great deal more on this unique manufacturer and all it has to offer.

Evil. (me!)   :dance:

esteban

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »
I have to agree so far on Devil Crash. I think the music sounds better for one thing, the skeleton laughing actually sounds like...well, I guess what a skeleton laughing should sound like. The bonus stages are nice too; I'm not really missing the snake coming out of the guys mouth, that was always a pain in the ass.

Space Harrier is a great port, and After Burner II is really impressive as well. Overall it has been a fun experience so far. I feel like I'm missing a lot sticking to HuCards, but there seem to be a lot of HuCards as well.

There is no shame in focusing on the HuCARDS until you feel like you picked all the low-hanging fruit.

*Ahem*
(stands)
My name is Evilplayground, and I am a retro game addict. 
I've been directed to this great site by a fellow member and collector, Sparky.  My NEC collection is teenie tiny as I've only just begun, but have a few thousand games ranging from RCA Studio II to PS3.

I found myself in a dusty thrift store off the beaten path one day and happened upon a boxed, seemingly complete Core Grafx machine in its original box.  Price tag; only $5.  SOLD.  I was giddy with my new find and took it home to inspect.  Of course, I've never had much luck in these matters and this occasion in particular proved the same.  It was 'retrofitted' with some bizarre PAL type modification and was utterly useless.  Then I looked at the controllers, where I noticed these weren't first party pads, oh no, they were something different entirely.  They look legit from a quick glance, but one might spot the little red switch on the side of these things along with the main logo being ever so slightly....wrong.

Dear ole Sparky assured me he could save my machine and my sanity and has since sent it for servicing to one of you fine fellows.  I have yet to see the final product, but man oh man, am I excited!

So, anyway, I hope to meet more enthusiasts and learn a great deal more on this unique manufacturer and all it has to offer.

Evil. (me!)   :dance:

Welcome, Evilplayground.

You will certainly enjoy what the TG-16/PCE has to offer, even if you are jaded by the thousands of items you already have
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:51:14 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2012, 04:27:49 AM »
Welcome aboard, evil.  Watch out for that Sparky guy - he'll try to talk you into caressing his truck nuts.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Evilplayground

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 06:45:17 AM »
Welcome aboard, evil.  Watch out for that Sparky guy - he'll try to talk you into caressing his truck nuts.

Oh crap...you mean I'm not supposed to? 
Sparky, you said it was a necessary hazing into your club!

Oh and I am jaded.  Cuz I'm looking for quality now  :D

nectarsis

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 06:47:10 AM »

Sup sup Evil... it's been awhile. ;)   Welcome to the site :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Evilplayground

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »

Whats up my cheesy nectarine!  We miss you in the pew-pew games!

nectarsis

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

Whats up my cheesy nectarine!  We miss you in the pew-pew games!

I know I feel bad, haven't fired up teh PS3 in weeks myself  :\   Hopefully rectify that soon ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Sparky

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 04:59:28 AM »
Welcome aboard, evil.  Watch out for that Sparky guy - he'll try to talk you into caressing his truck nuts.

Those would be moose nuts... much larger in Canada :P

Glad to see you are finally on here Evil, lots of Americans on here but dont let that stop ya from enjoying the place... heyooooo
ALSO guys Evilplayground is one of my best friends <<blush>> so please treat him how you would me.............hahahhaha your f*cked now Evil!!!

nat

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2012, 09:04:30 AM »

Those would be moose nuts... much larger in Canada :P

Glad to see you are finally on here Evil, lots of Americans on here but dont let that stop ya from enjoying the place... heyooooo
ALSO guys Evilplayground is one of my best friends <<blush>> so please treat him how you would me.............

OK.

Evilplayground, if you EVER come within 6 feet of me with the hopes of sneaking in a "hug," I will castrate you with a dull butter knife.

Ash

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »
Hey everyone! I just joined and I love it already. I work with MotherGunner and he told me about this site, so I decided to sign up. It's good to be a part of a TG-16 community. Such an underrated console.

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Tatsujin

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »
Such an underrated console.

Only by those who do not know!

btw. welcome aboard :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Flavor

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »
Hi guys.  I just joined.  I've been playing TurboDuo with my daughters lately, and I have some ideas for PCE/TG16 hardware projects.
SNES to PCEngine TurboTap Project (
)
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )