Author Topic: Nekketsu Koushin Kyoku (4-players?)  (Read 557 times)

farankoshan

Nekketsu Koushin Kyoku (4-players?)
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:58:44 AM »
Do you guys know this game?

Nekketsu Koushin Kyoku

(Pics, c/o Sunteam Paul at pcengine.co.uk...woohoo!)

Anyway, I own this game on Famicom, but as far as I know, it's just a 1-player game, with the 3 other contenders being controlled by the computer. I could be wrong, but I think playing with 4 other HUMAN players would be hard anyway (is there a multi-tap for the Famicom?).

Now, this game was also released as a PC Engine CD. Now, we all know that our beloved PCE has a multitap, so is this game playable by 4 HUMAN players?

"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot f*ck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Nekketsu Koushin Kyoku (4-players?)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:10:54 AM »
is there a multi-tap for the Famicom?

Four player games are doable on the Famicom (through expansion port) and NES (satellite/four score adapters).  In fact, this game is one of 'em.

Now, we all know that our beloved PCE has a multitap, so is this game playable by 4 HUMAN players?

PCECP says yes.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

farankoshan

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:32:49 AM »
Cool! Thanks, Necro!

Sorry, PCECP?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:56:01 AM »
Is that the one where it's basically a race, but you can beat the shit out of the other runners? I love that one. Isn't there a US version, Crash and the Boys, something like that?

This one and Ganbre! Dunk Heroes. Technosoft was so awesome. I can't believe shit like Final Fight was so popular, with it's entire roster of three moves per character. The Kunio series were the best beat-em-ups ever. Even their f*cking basketball games were better beat-em-ups than Capcom's beat-em-ups.

There is another 4 player one where you don't run. Everyone is basically in a pit fight, four players.

hoobs88

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:10:57 AM »
A few years ago, I saw this game and River City Ransom for sale for close to the same price. I opted for this one since it looked like a 4 player version of RCR. Later i discovered that RCR goes for 2-3 times as much as this game.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

UglyJoe

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 02:22:32 PM »
Is that the one where it's basically a race, but you can beat the shit out of the other runners? I love that one. Isn't there a US version, Crash and the Boys, something like that?

Crash and the Boys is a different Nekketsu game (Bikkuri Nekketsu Shinkiroku! Haruka naru Kin-Medal).  There was no NES release of this one in this thread (Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai).

bartre

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
There is another 4 player one where you don't run. Everyone is basically in a pit fight, four players.

I don't know about other systems, but I know it was on nes, translated via a romhack as riki kunio

farankoshan

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 05:44:05 PM »
Yes, this was only released on the Famicom/PC Engine/GBA-JP.

So, I guess it's safe to say this game plays a little better, and easier on the PCE, given how rare famicom multitaps & controllers are, and how readily available PCE multitaps are in comparison.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »

Crash and the Boys is a different Nekketsu game (Bikkuri Nekketsu Shinkiroku! Haruka naru Kin-Medal).  There was no NES release of this one in this thread (Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai).

So is this one still based on running or is this the pit fighting one? It looks like it could be either, from the screen shots.

UglyJoe

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 12:22:11 AM »
So is this one still based on running or is this the pit fighting one? It looks like it could be either, from the screen shots.

This is the running one.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 03:12:34 AM »
I always called this one Kunio Mad Dash!  And yea, it IS a total blast with 4 players!  I picked this one up years ago thinking it might be RCR, and it isn't ... It's still REALLY fun!!  A great game to pick up!

This one and Ganbre! Dunk Heroes. Technosoft was so awesome. I can't believe shit like Final Fight was so popular, with it's entire roster of three moves per character......

Wrong Techno, not Technosoft.  Technōs (In the US the company was known as American Technōs)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techn%C5%8Ds_Japan

Ya know, the makers of Double Dragon!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 05:53:32 AM »
Yeah, I know, I just got it backwards. I do that sometimes. :(

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 06:09:31 AM »
:) sall good- imagine the River City Ransom/ Thunderforce crossovers we woulda got if Technosoft and Technōs were the same!!

csgx1

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »

I don't know about other systems, but I know it was on nes, translated via a romhack as riki kunio

Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu release only on the Famicom.

Yes, this was only released on the Famicom/PC Engine/GBA-JP.

The GBA version is the exact same game as the Famicom version.  There's also an original Gameboy release and a remake (Rivercity Sports Challenge) on the DS which I don't like as much.   

I'm a huge Kunio fan.  The PC Engine version is my personal favorite.  Great game and really fun.