Author Topic: WiiMednafen  (Read 11748 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: WiiMednafen
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2011, 03:56:25 AM »
You own Coryoon and Magical Chase on VC?

No I own real ones.  I did some dumb things with a credit card during my freshmanish year of college.  Granted its paid off now... ;)

Thankfully it was right before prices went realllllllllllllllllllly derp.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 03:57:23 AM »
im not buying any controllers for the Wii with Pro in the title, because that's an oxymoron.
Okay...so its a controller that literally fixes everything you hate about the classic controller and you don't want to buy it because it has the word "pro" in it?

and no, its more because it's a waste of money and still not very comfortable.  It is like holding a fish with tumors, as opposed to a fish.  Nintendo stopped being good with controllers after the SNES.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2011, 04:04:30 AM »
The reason I like the classic controller is because it feels just like the SNES controller, but whatever you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to.
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

geise

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 04:12:50 AM »
I personally love the classic controller.  I never understood why they needed to make the pro.  Everyone is like "oh, it's great cause it's like the psx controller."  I never was big on the psx controller.  When I first bought the classic controller it just seemed perfect.  It's a great "all in one" controller for the VC and Wii game stuff.  Using the classic controller with Mednafen is awesome!  Sometimes I even use the regular Wiimote with VC Turbo games.  Even that feels fine.  Almost like a NES pad.  Like Ark I'd mostly just use the real deal, but Mednafen is an amazing "alternative"  It is nice to see the Turbo getting some love on the Wii homebrew front.  It has been needed, that's for sure.

KingDrool

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2011, 04:43:00 AM »
To each their own, I suppose, but I still feel that Nintendo are the best at designing ergonomic controllers. I've never tried the "Pro", but I love the Classic Controller. Also, the Wii Remote held on its side is a nice old-school controller.

The placement of the analog sticks on the PlayStation controllers is awkward to me (Xbox figured that out), and the R2 and L2 buttons are completely asinine. The designers at Sony must have never seen a trigger before.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

nodtveidt

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »
I always use a Playstation-style controller when I'm not on my Duo or Saturn. It's the most comfortable controller for me. Microsoft's controllers are too big and shit's always out of place, and I have never used a Nintendo controller I was really happy with... no, not even the SNES pad. Some third-party controllers work well, but they usually break too easy.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2011, 05:03:26 AM »
The reason I like the classic controller is because it feels just like the SNES controller, but whatever you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to.

It feels nothing like the SNES controller to me.  It feels like a goony knockoff SNES controller.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2011, 05:12:35 AM »

It feels nothing like the SNES controller to me.  It feels like a goony knockoff SNES controller.

For VC I mainly use the GB Player Controller. Its virtually identical to a SNES pad except for the A button being huge.

KingDrool

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2011, 05:57:42 AM »
Oh, that thing! Is that the Hori controller? I have that and it's pretty awesome.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »
The Hori controller is stupidly expensive online, I would never pay that much for a controller (around $150!).  Aside from the price it definitely looks like I nice controller.

KingDrool

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2011, 07:08:26 AM »
Holy shit, really? Glad I bought it when it first came out!

Got one to sell? PM me!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2011, 09:07:13 AM »
I bought mine on sale for $15 or something like that.

Black Tiger

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »
Im kind of curious why its even worth playing it on the wii?  just curious really. 
Think about it for a second, it’s a TG16/CD emulator that's cable of emulating every TG16/CD game (at least I believe it can) and it's on your TV. Plus your games can be loaded from an external hard drive, SMB and of course an SD card up to 36gigs. You can also use any control scheme the Wii has to offer, which means classic controller support which is arguably the best controller ever for TG16/CD games. (Also just the wii mote works great!)   

Sounds like my phone.  :wink:

I do think that this is very cool though. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Burnt Lasagna
which means classic controller support which is arguably the best controller ever for TG16/CD games.

You sir, are high as a kite.

http://www.multimods.com/NECcont.html

Ave. 3 pad is the greatest controller *ever*

For any system.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2011, 02:12:56 AM »
Sounds like my phone.  :wink:
Uh, no. It's nothing like your phone.

Quote from: Arkhan
Ave. 3 pad is the greatest controller *ever*

For any system.
Yeah, I would love to play any game that has come out in the past decade on that piece of balsa wood :dance: 

All trolling aside, I never liked that particular button layout (where all three/six buttons are in a straight line). That's one of the reasons why I was never a big fan of the genesis controller.