Author Topic: WiiMednafen  (Read 11745 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: WiiMednafen
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2011, 02:16:13 AM »
I think maybe you have never used an Ave 3 then, if you are calling it a piece of balsa wood.

Try playing Forgotten Worlds with the buttons in a different formation.

You won't find d-pads nicer than the Ave. pads, typically.

and, I hope you aren't saying *I* am trolling.

I'm not the one calling Ave. 3 a piece of balsa wood.

and, why can't it be like BT's phone?  You know there are phones that can hook up to TVs, play games, and all of that?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:22:48 AM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2011, 02:45:24 AM »
I think maybe you have never used an Ave 3 then, if you are calling it a piece of balsa wood.
Okay yeah, I have never used the Ave 3 and probably never will. I don't own an original TG16 (yeah, shoot me)
and, I hope you aren't saying *I* am trolling.
No, I was saying *I* was trolling.
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Black Tiger

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 02:51:57 AM »
Quote from: Burnt Lasagna
Uh, no. It's nothing like your phone.

The PCE emulator for my phone, which is likely ported from Mednafen or Ootake, has seemingly perfect emulation, supports roms and CD games, supports Wii remotes, and my phone has 16GB internal memory and takes micro sd cards up to 32 GB and hooks up to TVs via analog connections or (unlike the Wii) hdmi.

Granted my phone is completely portable and has touch screen controls and other features that a Wii doesn't, but it sounds like the emulator does everything the WiiMednafen does. Which doesn't take anything away from any Wii emulators.

But it is pretty cool to be able to whip out my phone at a friend's house and play Turbo/PCE games with his Wii remotes, without having to setup the Wii.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2011, 03:27:17 AM »
A touch screen phone that plays PCE games can never be more than a party trick. It's a f*cking TOUCH SCREEN. I'd say Wii Mednafen has a serious leg up on your phone since you can actually play games on it for real. Your phone might as well be running video of games.

The Aveneue 3 is so not the best pad ever. It's really good though, and almost identical to the OEM pad so I don't understand anyone complaining about it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2011, 03:39:59 AM »
A touch screen phone that plays PCE games can never be more than a party trick. It's a f*cking TOUCH SCREEN. I'd say Wii Mednafen has a serious leg up on your phone since you can actually play games on it for real. Your phone might as well be running video of games.

I think you missed the part where Black Tiger said it supports the use of Wii controllers.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2011, 03:41:49 AM »

I think you missed the part where Black Tiger said it supports the use of Wii controllers.

BLUE TOOF!

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2011, 03:46:47 AM »
Quote from: Black Tiger
but it sounds like the emulator does everything the WiiMednafen does. Which doesn't take anything away from any Wii emulators.
Can your phone out put onto the TV in 240p?
Quote from: Black Tiger

TVs via analog connections or (unlike the Wii) hdmi.

Why would you need HDMI for PCE games?

Black Tiger

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2011, 03:47:50 AM »

I think he also missed the TV display part. :P

I didn't expect more than a touch screen control portable emulator to play PCE RPGs on the go. I was very surprised by the Wii remote support and that was the first time I thought that the TV out feature would be of any real use. :)

My android phone has already been replaced by a newer version, but mine still runs Playstation games seemingly full speed. Although I won't make use of it, it's basically an all in one console that fits in your pocket, other than the Wii remote.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2011, 03:49:19 AM »
Why would you need HDMI for PCE games?

I think he is just pointing out that a frigging phone has better display capabilities than the Wii, overall.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2011, 03:52:16 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan
I think he is just pointing out that a frigging phone has better display capabilities than the Wii, overall.
So what. HDMI is still a complete over kill for PCE and would probably destroy the image.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2011, 04:37:44 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan
So what. HDMI is still a complete over kill for PCE and would probably destroy the image.

Using a Wii with goony wannabe controllers in a money related emulated environment is overkill for the PCE.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2011, 04:45:33 AM »
What’s your beef with the Wii anyways?
Would you rather use your phone to emulate PCE games, even though you would be using the Wii controls anyways and would be outputted on your TV like crap? (Since the Wii has out of date display capabilities it can output in the PCE's native resolution)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:50:07 AM by Burnt Lasagna »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2011, 05:10:12 AM »
I'd rather play my PCE on my TV w/ a flashcard, or CD-Rs of games if I don't own them yet.

OR, a PC attached to a TV.

the Wii is fine for playing the piddly handful of games on it that didn't suck.  They are few and far between.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2011, 05:23:28 AM »
What’s your beef with the Wii anyways?
Would you rather use your phone to emulate PCE games, even though you would be using the Wii controls anyways and would be outputted on your TV like crap? (Since the Wii has out of date display capabilities it can output in the PCE's native resolution)

What's your beef with using a phone?  Both the Wii and Android emulators have their pluses: the Wii might output better video (you don't know what his phone is putting out), but the Android is portable and can be played on the go (albeit with sucky controls).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2011, 05:25:07 AM »

Ah yes, I did. That would make all the difference.

I'm pretty sure of one thing though. My Wii will probably still be alive and kicking after that phone has been recycled. Of course I'm sure every phone he owns (and recycles) after that will also be able to do this, but still...I like not throwing shit away.

Other notes:

People just f*cking hate the Wii. I don't quite understand it myself, but its basically the most hated system ever, and if you are any kind of "mature" or "hard core" gamer you are required to hate it and brag about how long its been since you turned yours on, or how many games you still have in the shrink wrap, or else you are a GAY WAD and your mature adult gamer card gets revoked. As for why Arkhan hates it...that's just what it does. He hates a system that has Mario Galaxy and then sticks up for total shit like China Warrior and Energy. "Backward" would probably be a good word for it. To some, the politics of gaming are more entertaining that actual gaming.

Arkhan's basic stand on this particular issue makes mostly good sense to me though. A Duo with a CDR in it beats all manor of emulation unless you specifically want to grab video, run cheats, etc. As for just playing the games, real hardware is best. Flash Cards basically suck ass though so for the occasional HuCard emulation might be best, or you could just pay for them.

HDMI, in theory, shouldn't destroy the PCE's video...if done well. This is not a valid concern.