Author Topic: Arcade Card Scavenger/Trivia "Contest" Kabuki Ittouryoudan  (Read 763 times)

Windy

Arcade Card Scavenger/Trivia "Contest" Kabuki Ittouryoudan
« on: November 12, 2011, 03:09:17 AM »
**UPDATE WE HAVE A WINNER**
I will announce it when I get in from work Thanks guys

Ok here is the Christmas Contest for a free TG16 or PCEngine game. The contest starts on 11-12-11 and will end on 12-1-11 when the winner will be announced. Some of these questions are easy and some will require some internet searching. Just a hint from windy.... Most answers can be found at local PCE/TG16 Websites. The first person to Answer all questions correctly and PM me the answers will win a copy of Kabuki Ittouryoudan for the Arcade Card PCEngine. Have fun guys and please don't answer the questions in the Thread please pm me the answers. I won't be taking Answers from the thread.

1. In what year was the game KIKI KAIKAI Released for PCEngine?

2. What is the name of Van's Girlfriend and the Villains Name in Cosmic Fantasy 2?

3. Name a game that was Released By Accolade/NEC which came out on Hucard in 1992 for the TG16.

4.What was The Call Sign of Starsky and Hutch from the TV show in 1975?

5.This part number SS90003 is a PCEngine game. Which PCEngine game is it?

6."A measure of a Turbo Badass" is an article in which one can obtain a title of ULTIMATE DUOMAZOV-LEVEL BADASS. What games are listed in the article? Yep all of them :)

7.Would Sunteam_Paul "Try it" "Buy it" or "Avoid" The game Populous for Pcengine?

8.Name 3 Fighters from the game Champions Forever.

9. What Kind of Game is Tenshi No Uta?

10. Who reviewed the game Fiend Hunter for PCengine at Turbografx.net and what was the overall rating?

Good Luck To Everyone!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:13:57 AM by Windy »
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

T2KFreeker

Re: Arcade Card Scavenger/Trivia "Contest" Kabuki Ittouryoudan
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 06:28:38 AM »
PM sent. Hopefully on time!
END OF LINE.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:56:14 AM »
PM sent!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

munchiaz

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:24:47 AM »
PM sent. This was fun

Windy

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 02:51:25 PM »
The Winner of the Scavenger Hunt is......BlackTiger He answered with the following answers:
1: 1990
2: Laura and Galam
3: Gunboat
4: Zebra Three
5: Batman
6: SINISTRON / VIOLENT SOLDIER, RAYXANBER II, THE LEGEND OF XANADU, ASTRALIUS, LAST ARMAGEDDON, MIGHT AND MAGIC III, ALTERED BEAST, SHAPE SHIFTER, NEXZR, SUPER RAIDEN, TATSUJIN.
7: Sunteam has no recommendation for Populous The Promised Lands, but he does say to buy the HuCard game "Populous".
8: Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Muhammad Ali
9: Epic RPG
10: Fabio 8.20

Next time I will have to Try and stump you guys a little harder :) Thanks for playing guys Hope everyone had a goodtime.

munchiaz

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
^ i dont mean to be a jerk, but in reference to question 6. You state to name all the games in the article. if that is truly the case than blacktiger missed 2 games in the article. He missed spriggan, and exile wicked phenomenon

spenoza

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
I didn't realize this was a "first submission takes all" contest. I didn't even start, yet. Ah well...
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

incrediblehark

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 11:36:15 PM »
I got caught on number 7, somewhat of a trick question.

Windy

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 02:15:04 AM »
Sorry about any confusion to any of the questions. I thought the contest went smooth although short :( hopefully next time....And there will be a next time :) It will be a longer but smoother contest. Maybe next time I will do a 5 day Trivia contest and present 1 question a day

spenoza

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:01 AM »
I think you should take answers for a specific period of time, maybe a week, and then do a random drawing from all the people with the correct answers.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »

The trick question part is the minimal challenge. :wink: Numbers 1, 2, 3, & 9 are also trick questions without single definitive answers.

^ i dont mean to be a jerk, but in reference to question 6. You state to name all the games in the article. if that is truly the case than blacktiger missed 2 games in the article. He missed spriggan, and exile wicked phenomenon

He didn't state that. Windy said how the article is titled "A measure of a Turbo Badass" in which "one can obtain a title of ULTIMATE DUOMAZOV-LEVEL BADASS." and then asked "What games are listed in the article?" It could be argued that someone who didn't bother to actually read the article and simply scoured the page for any game names or pics, might not understand what the question meant. But by that rationale there is no possible correct answer. The "measure" of a Turbo Badass is beating the listed games. Windy did not ask you to 'list any games mentioned or alluded to' in the article.

This list of TurboGrafx-16 Games That Pushed The Limits of Graphics & Sound has Super Street Fighter II (including misc SFII ports on MD & SFC), Bonk's Adventure (not as one of the Limit Pushing Games), Bubble Bobble, Cotton (not as one of the Limit Pushing Games), Symphony of the Night, Lords of Thunder (Sega-CD), Dragon's Lair, Donkey Kong Country, Strider (Genesis), [Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, & World Heroes 2 for Neo Geo, PSX & Saturn], and others. Should those games be included when asked "What are the games listed in the article 'TurboGrafx-16 Games That Pushed The Limits of Graphics & Sound'"? There are also many other games "in" the "A measure of a Turbo Badass" article besides the correct answers and Spriggan and Exile WP.

The whole point of Windy sending people to various PC Engine sites was to get people to check them out and foster the community. He was doing something nice by promoting other people's sites and trying to give an amazing PC Engine game a good home.

The most fair thing he could have done and I believe that all these types of giveaway contests should have, is a disclaimer asking people not to try to claim the prize unless you have the ability and intention to give the game a serious play through. In this case we're talking about one of the best and most technically impressive ACD games that can always be purchased complete for $15 or less. Most people with an ACD setup and intent to play it should already have it.

It may feel more fair to let everyone know that Windy omitted the beginning of my submission, in which I declined to accept the game if I won and how I was only doing it for fun.

This is why I give spare games and hardware to people I know can make use of them and/or will appreciate them, instead of posting them up for a free-for-all. In the case of this contest, I just won a spare copy of Itouryoden fair and square and just as quickly passed it along. I hope that the person who ends up receiving it doesn't already own it and actually plays it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

munchiaz

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 06:28:49 AM »
^ I apologize if you think i was trying to sneak the game from you. I wasn't I know there were people who sent there questions in before even I did. I understand your argument with the fact that the games should be listed based on the ULTIMATE DUOMAZOV-LEVEL list. What i don't understand is your word choice. It seems to me that your trying to point me out and say that i didn't read the article. Which i did. Also the fact that i don't own the game seems to be an issue because i should own it because its a great ACD? I've only been collectiong tg16/pce stuff for a few months now, so i apologize if i don't own every must have game. In no way is this post made to derail what Windy has done here. I think its awesome that he decided to do this, and i actually had alot of fun doing, and learned some new things regarding the pce.

A_Locomotive

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
I hope that the person who ends up receiving it doesn't already own it and actually plays it.

I was the one who got it since you passed it along. :) I can't wait to try it out! I don't yet have a CD system but I'm working on a deal for one with D-Lite. Right now I'm trying to decide on what games and system cards to buy from him. Needless to say an Arcade Card is gonna be one of the things I buy. :)

incrediblehark

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »

The trick question part is the minimal challenge. :wink: Numbers 1, 2, 3, & 9 are also trick questions without single definitive answers. 

I was basically blaming myself for not catching 7, either way i had fun doing it.