Author Topic: MY Custom PCE GT  (Read 1563 times)

HercTNT

Re: MY Custom PCE GT
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
Well Flare, you contact thesteve, let him know you want yours done up, and he will take care of the rest :)  It takes a special encoder board to work, so its not likely something you can do on your own. definately well worth it as far as i'm concerned.  

I can see, before i managed to post this, he beat me to it.  Anyhow thats the guy you wanna ask.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:10:17 AM by HercTNT »

T2KFreeker

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
This looks awesome! I want one! :twisted:
END OF LINE.

BlueBMW

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »
<-- blame me for being lazy on building up encoder boards...  steve's making them manually right now.  Someday we'll have some nice fancy ones though.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

T2KFreeker

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »
<-- blame me for being lazy on building up encoder boards...  steve's making them manually right now.  Someday we'll have some nice fancy ones though.

If they will help me get a screen like that into a Turbo Express, I am happy. The future looks bright!
END OF LINE.

io

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 05:20:12 AM »
there are 2 requirements.
(1) you will need a video encoder installed in the TE.
(2) you will need a composite display, that can be run on 5V and fit in the system
Hi,

I'd like to modify my GT too. Did you post somewhere the way you did this ?
What is this encoder made of ? I may be able to do it myself without any problem.

Thanks.

thesteve

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »
heres the original thread.
mine is using different parts as the original thread.

heres some pics of my first http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9334.msg189357#msg189357.

heres some encoders I built with schematics http://pcengine.freeforums.org/encoders-t94.html

you chose the screen you want to use, as the encoder puts out composite.

Im using a reverse camera display that i modify the power supply in

Flare65

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48:23 PM »
heres the original thread.
mine is using different parts as the original thread.

heres some pics of my first http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9334.msg189357#msg189357.

heres some encoders I built with schematics http://pcengine.freeforums.org/encoders-t94.html

you chose the screen you want to use, as the encoder puts out composite.

Im using a reverse camera display that i modify the power supply in

Not sure if you are doing these for other people or not, but if you would be willing to do this conversion for me, what would you charge?  I'd need the screen, encoder board, and it all installed and up and running.  I got an extra Express laying around that I can do this with.  It has the no sound, I still have to get that part fixed.

thesteve

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
i am doing these for others on a somewhat limited basis.
i am also doing full cap replacements which solves your sound issue and gets the system all clean and reliable.
i do a switchless region mod as well.
i will do the caps and screen for $100 shipped (if your in the US)
add $30 for the region mod

io

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
Great, thank you very much for the quick reply.

[Edit] I just thought about something I wanted to do on one of my Nomad (which has a new LCD screen) : wiring the RGBS signals to the A/V output. I think I'm gonna do it with my PCE GT too. Now the side output will have a useful purpose.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:05:44 PM by io »

Sparky

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2012, 12:39:14 AM »
That looks sexy, and the screen colours look great. Love to see some video of it as well as it would capture better then a pict. Wow you got everyone loving this man... congrats. :)

I have nomad that has a new lcd screen in her... makes these handhelds so much more playable i think.

thesteve

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2012, 06:43:55 AM »
to run the RGBS to an output you will need to add an amp as well, however adding composite out would just require another resistor

io

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
to run the RGBS to an output you will need to add an amp as well, however adding composite out would just require another resistor
Yes, but all my TVs are RGB, so even if there's more work I'd prefer to get a better quality on a big screen.

Shrapnoid

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
Eneloop rechargeable? Are those different from the standard Ni-Mh batts?
Might be better off with an A/C like Blueraven suggested.
I use a universal A/C with my Lynx.

Rechargeables are good but, they usually run at less voltage, yet they have more amperage so, you get longer play time but, not the same volts as with alkalines.
If you're determined to use disposable batteries until you get your rechargeables, I recommed Dollar General brand alkalines as they are cheap and provide longer life than any other off-brand battery.
In fact they run almost as long as Rayovacs.

Oh. And I have a question for thesteve.
Is that as in THE Steve (A.K.A. TZD Steve)?? 

HercTNT

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2012, 03:43:26 PM »
Shrapnoid, It makes no difference that they run on a lower voltage as long as they work just fine, and whats wrong with longer play time?  Once you use a ac adapter you ruin the concept of portability.  The idea is to get the best batteries you can for a reasonable amount of money to use the system on the go.  Rechargables are so cheap, how many regular batteries are you gonna buy before your wasting money? Not all batteries are made the same either. rayovac alkalines perform at about 3/4 of what a duracell can do according to consumer reports this year. If you were gonna go that route, why not buy a set of lithiums. In high drain devices they can last 5x longer than alkalines. then again, you buy two sets of those and you could already have a nice set of rechargables.  I bought a set of family dollar alkalines and put them in my GT and 45 minutes later they puked. I bought a set of Duracells and they lasted 4 hours.

thesteve

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
nope i have never been associated with TZD