Author Topic: Duo Power Brick  (Read 259 times)

ogre

Duo Power Brick
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:40:33 AM »
Does anyone know of a cheap replacement for the original  PCE DUO power supply. In the middle of playing Y's over a year ago the Duo started showing garbage on the screen and suddenly stopped working. I restarted it and there was still garbage on the screen and a loud high pitched noise. After a couple of restarts it stopped working altogether. :shock: I thought it was the diode but after further inspection I realized there was no volts coming out of the power brick. I just want to find something cheap as I believe this is not the only issue with the unit.

roflmao

Re: Duo Power Brick
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:14:21 AM »
You can get a nice 3rd party one built specifically for the Duo here: http://www.retrogamecave.com/ac-adapters.html

I think you can get one from Radio Shack as well, but I believe they cost more.

Bernie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 07:19:30 AM »
Those ones from retrogamecave are really good, and worth it.  Matter of fact, I believe the Duo I sent you, roflmao, has one from there.  :)

roflmao

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »
Those ones from retrogamecave are really good, and worth it.  Matter of fact, I believe the Duo I sent you, roflmao, has one from there.  :)

Yep!  It sure does.  And I bought one from them awhile back for my Express.  Them's good stuff.

incrediblehark

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »
Definitely cheaper than the RadioShack ones, and the guys on the website probably know what they're talking about, unlike 99% of RadioShack employees.

Keith Courage

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
As of late I have seen a couple people use a regular Turbo Grafx AC adapter for a US Duo by changing out the different sized tip on the end. Even though a TG adapter is 10.5V at 730MA and a DUO is supposed to be 10V at 1000ma. Has anyone here tried that? Can anyone else comment on the results? I gave it a try and my DUO it is going on an hour of CD play without any issues.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:39:51 PM by Keith Courage »

meka

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »
There is a website: www.gamedoctorhk.com that sells them for about $10 shipped, I've had one for my PC Engine + Interface unit for a couple of years and it works perfectly, and they are 100-240v.