Author Topic: Some Turbo Goodness  (Read 770 times)

KingofGames

Some Turbo Goodness
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
Picked up a bundle on Ebay recently. Wasn't cheap by any means, but I'm a sucker for complete games. Thought I'd share some images with you all.

Retrocool

Re: Some Turbo Goodness
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »
im almost afraid to ask how much... but you have some great pick ups, 'specially Jackie, Soldier, OotG and Shockman..
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

Tatsujin

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »
rooks niec :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SMF

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »
Looks like the 1 that was up to $600 before being pulled off eBay. Congrats on the pick up. Some pretty good games.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:48:39 AM »
that stuff looks minty fresh!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Senshi

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 03:56:40 AM »
Which one are you going to play first?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

KingofGames

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 04:04:04 AM »
SMF, is correct. The bundle was $625 shipped. Before receiving the items, I felt like I got a pretty nice deal. Now that they are in my hand, I couldn't be happier. I truly feel like $625 for the bundle was a complete steal. The console itself is in immaculate shape and even includes the Keith Courage comic book.

I've never liked racing games, but for some reason, Chase HQ seems like a sick game. I'll leave Soldier Blade for last, though. I'm gonna try to beat as many of the bundle as I can this weekend. Shooting for Shockman, Air Zonk, and Soldier Blade, but we'll see.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
That price is actually pretty legit for what you got in that kind of condition.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Shrapnoid

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:48 AM »
It's all so beautiful. I'm so jealous. I don't think I would have payed that much even if I could afford it but, it's all very nice looking none the less.

KingofGames

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »
I've checked out all of the boxed titles, except for OotG. Some of these have aged remarkably well, while others have not. Soldier Blade is stellar, definitely glad to have it in the collection. Air Zonk is also excellent, though the bitter mode is obscene. I spent about 20 minutes on the first level. Finally got to the boss before I called it quits for the day. I'm uncertain if I'll hold onto the rest, but those two will definitely be sticking around. My least favorite is Samurai Ghost. I was surprised too, as I figured it would play like Ninja Spirit. Far too clunky and slow to be a ninja game. Jackie Chan is surprisingly solid, though I'm not a big fan of the art style. Shockman looks and sounds great, but I don't care for the controls. Not as tight as I seem to remember.

bartre

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »
heh, well let me know if you decide to sell OotG, Dead moon or Cyber core  :wink:
i probably wouldn't have paid as much as you did for everything, but it all looks fantastic, and I'm kind of a penny pincher...

KingofGames

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
Will do. I'd like to spend some more time with Dead Moon. Definitely reminds me of Gradius, though again, something just seems off.

HercTNT

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »
I think think the whole collections sucks and you should box it up and send it to me your cost  :wink:  In fact its so terrible, I promise to spend many many hours testing it just to prove how terrible it is.  It may take me awhile though to come to a definitive conclusion. Were possibly talking a 10 year study. Afterwords I will post my findings.

KingofGames

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »
Hahaha, sounds good, my man. I spent a few hours today conducting my own studies! Definitely a subject worth dumping some time into.

allyourblood

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »
Congrats on the spread! I've been completely out of the loop as far as adding to the collection (money is ridiculously tight right now), but I've been living vicariously through everyone's posts on here.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?