Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13467 times)

Nighttrate

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #300 on: December 11, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
Try this

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TurbografxPCEngine/

Scroll down to my post on the 5th Dec
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:51:34 AM by Nighttrate »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #301 on: December 12, 2014, 03:42:48 AM »
"You must log in to continue."

I don't farkbook.  :|
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bonknuts

« Reply #302 on: December 12, 2014, 06:52:39 AM »
Have any of you guys tried out the stereo separation mode for MM, in the options? What are your opinions on it?

I was toying with the idea of having an oscillating stereo separation feature, where you could control its rate. Basically, as if someone was turned the balance back and forth between left/right for each channel at a specific rate. Might sound trippy.

Also, seems my music 'pak' on the site is corrupted. I'll have to re-uploaded it.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #303 on: December 12, 2014, 08:24:14 AM »
I was able to grab it, but some folks are having issues.

Nighttrate

« Reply #304 on: December 15, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »
Have any of you guys tried out the stereo separation mode for MM, in the options? What are your opinions on it?

I was toying with the idea of having an oscillating stereo separation feature, where you could control its rate. Basically, as if someone was turned the balance back and forth between left/right for each channel at a specific rate. Might sound trippy.

Also, seems my music 'pak' on the site is corrupted. I'll have to re-uploaded it.

As a Dj / music producer I think it might do peoples heads, any chance we could get a version without the cd loading bit?

P.s Email me you address & ill send you a manual & thermal CD for you collection @ Nighttrate@hotmail.co.uk
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:36:42 PM by Nighttrate »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #305 on: December 15, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »

As a Dj / music producer I think it might do peoples heads, any chance we could get a version without the cd loading bit?

P.s Email me you address & ill send you a manual & thermal CD for you collection @ Nighttrate@hotmail.co.uk

IIRC, the CD loading thing has to be there to cover up some random flicker n' stuff that shows up when loading.

Bonknuts

« Reply #306 on: December 15, 2014, 04:45:03 PM »

You mean the CD icon thingy? It's possible, but I use system card bios routine to call "play track" and this pauses emulation during the seek time (the bios routine only return back when everything is OK or and error has occurred). I'd have write my own CD handling routines, to avoid this. Given that I'm not that experienced with the scsi command system and status bits of the system, is why I haven't done it. Probably won't either. Though, I do want to make such a routine for hucard projects that could use a custom CD to play music, if the drive is detected. So, if I write and it's not a lot of effort - then maybe. Don't hold me to it, though :P It's very-very low priority. Ehh... so that's probably a 'no'. Heh. Sorry.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2014, 03:58:22 AM »
In the spirit of Capcom's Fighting Street-

Punch

« Reply #308 on: December 16, 2014, 05:29:47 AM »
Best cover.

TheOldMan

« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2014, 07:32:55 AM »
Man Mega?

Black Tiger

« Reply #310 on: December 16, 2014, 07:48:57 AM »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keith Courage

« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
The stereo audio for mega man is great. Much better then having mono sound. However, I prefer the CD music edition best.

Nighttrate

« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »

You mean the CD icon thingy? It's possible, but I use system card bios routine to call "play track" and this pauses emulation during the seek time (the bios routine only return back when everything is OK or and error has occurred). I'd have write my own CD handling routines, to avoid this. Given that I'm not that experienced with the scsi command system and status bits of the system, is why I haven't done it. Probably won't either. Though, I do want to make such a routine for hucard projects that could use a custom CD to play music, if the drive is detected. So, if I write and it's not a lot of effort - then maybe. Don't hold me to it, though :P It's very-very low priority. Ehh... so that's probably a 'no'. Heh. Sorry.

Yes mate I was on about the swelling cd looking thing that comes up every time the game loads a level or boss, but thanks for getting back at me. i see you doing a RPG, I pretty good at making artwork & would like to get involved if you fancied the help?

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2014, 07:43:43 PM »
Well, I'm having a significant amount of frustration with Elec Man's tune.  In trying to flesh it out, one of the extra tunes I was playing with(Elec Man's Mega Man Soccer tune) just is not working out.  I have off & on again thought about Hivolt's theme from Mega Man ZX, if I can get it 'Elec' sounding enough, but, just not sure. 

Does anyone have any ideas of electric related tunes thruout the entire series, that gives them any kind of Elec Man'ish feel?  I do have one tune that I think is working great, it's called Electric City, from Battle Network 4, but I need another one besides that.  As stated before, I'd rather stick to the original series(MM, MMX, MMZ, MMZX, MML).  Also, I want to avoid using pieces of tunes from MM's 1-6, but 8-10(including MM&B) I don't mind.  This also includes that Rockboard game, & anything else related to the original series, just, any ideas would be a blessing!  I'd love to pull something from Mega Man Legends(including Tron Bonne), but I've only played MML2, & I can't think of anything offhand from that, that would work.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:46:00 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #314 on: January 10, 2015, 08:16:58 PM »
Ok, Elec Man is done!  Been concentrating on ideas for expanding Gutsman, arguably the shortest Robot Master theme!