Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13552 times)

Bonknuts

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »
There's no mention of Rockman in the list of homebrews. Can we have added?

I don't think homebrew would be the right category/label for it? Even if I hacked the crap out of it and upgraded it, the core is the original NES binary. It's not like I disassembled it into source code and reassembled it. I honestly not sure what category to put it in (it's more than just a hack though and it's more than just emulation too).

If it's any help, Sonic for the Genesis was disassembled and the reassembled (and modified) binaries are labeled as homebrew.

I also have a shmup homebrew in the works (it's a playable alpha state), but I'm fine with it not being on a list. I mean, it doesn't even have a name yet (well, technically two shmups are planned. One for hucard and one for SCD/ACD bicompatible).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:12:46 AM by Bonknuts »

esteban

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
Although I'm not so sure about a Zonk themed Megaman clone, I threw this together for fun.

Ha! Awesome.

Now, if only we had a Bonk-styled pre-modern world to run around in .

|    | 

Bonknuts

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
Megaman 2 public release is up on my blog/site (see my sig for site/links). Hucard/rom only version for now.

broken

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »
woooo bad ass.

Will have to check this out later.

touko

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »
Megaman 2 public release is up on my blog/site (see my sig for site/links). Hucard/rom only version for now.

Excellent tom, they are also some requests on necstasy forum, for a GnG port ..
I have linked your nes2pce topic .

PS: I'm glad to see you're again very active..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:37:08 PM by touko »

Bardoly

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2012, 04:01:29 AM »
Great news!

Now I just need to find someone who can put this on a HuCard for me, or I need to go ahead and get an Everdrive.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »

Awesome man. I'll be waitiing for the hopeful release of this on a CD iso. I wants to play and am very happy you are doing this. Oh, and Castlevania too! :P
END OF LINE.

Bonknuts

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »
Yeah, CD version of MM2 is gonna take a bit of time. It's not like the other smaller games, so this needs a good amount of hacking and separate loading for levels, etc. Speaking of CV, I need to check the new APU lib to see if it sounds better in game.

How many people are requesting GnG? I could do it (it appears I can reuse my lib without writing new code/support). If a handful of people want this, I'll do it. The only thing I request in return is for testers.

sirhcman

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »
Yeah, CD version of MM2 is gonna take a bit of time. It's not like the other smaller games, so this needs a good amount of hacking and separate loading for levels, etc. Speaking of CV, I need to check the new APU lib to see if it sounds better in game.

How many people are requesting GnG? I could do it (it appears I can reuse my lib without writing new code/support). If a handful of people want this, I'll do it. The only thing I request in return is for testers.

I would love to see it!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »

I second this motion. I would love to beta test but I'm afraid I got too much on my plate as is and I think Arkhan will kill me if I don't get Ultima ][ ported over. :P

vestcoat

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »
and I think Arkhan vestcoat will kill me if I don't get Ultima ][ ported over. :P
Fixed

touko

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »

If a handful of people want this, I'll do it. The only thing I request in return is for testers.

Yeah, i understand..

esteban

« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »

Well, of course I would love to see GnG. LOVE.

And...no, I have not yet tried out the MM2 Public Release, but I am drooling just thinking about it. THANK YOU FOR WORKING ON THIS.

As someone already said: it is truly great to see you back and kicking ass.

|    | 

T2KFreeker

« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »

Well, here is my monthly Knock for Castlevania CD . . . . I keep checking the download sirte in anticipation with no luck!  8-[

As for Ghouls N' Ghosts, I'd be down for testing a CD version. If I had a flash card, I'd love to test the card versions, but alas, I do not, sadly.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:56:57 AM by T2KFreeker »
END OF LINE.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »
I was originally working on redbook tunes for the Castlevania CD, did the opening theme, mash up of the boss theme(Poison Mind), & a half finished Vampire Killer(as well as started working on the 2nd level tune, whose name eludes me at the moment).  I haven't had time for anything else lately though, so Tom'll prolly have to use other renditions.  I did have some neat ideas that I'd eventually like to work on, but it's gonna be awhile.