Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13540 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2012, 09:04:10 PM »
Where does one get Megaman 1 CD? I have the one that works on a flash cart but didn't see the CD version in Bonknut's download section (at least not with the audio). Is the music taken from somewhere else or did Paranoia do it?

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:02 AM »
I didn't do any MM music.  I have some ideas that have been floating around in my mind for years, though I have no idea if they'd actually work, atleast, not with my current setup.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2013, 07:35:58 AM »
Boss, by chance is the Megaman 2 CD image going to release anytime soon? I wants to play!!!  :lol:
END OF LINE.

vestcoat

« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
Boss, by chance is the Megaman 2 CD image going to release anytime soon? I wants to play!!!  :lol:
Pure speculation: Bonknuts is only releasing the hucard ROM at this time to avoid another anime4ever debacle.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2013, 01:42:41 PM »
Pure speculation: Bonknuts is only releasing the hucard ROM at this time to avoid another anime4ever debacle.
Hmm, that's a bummer. I just want to play it. I guess I'll have to try and get a flash card then. I understand where he is coming from though as that was pretty crappy what he did. All it takes is one assclown to ruin it for everyone else.
END OF LINE.

esteban

« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2013, 01:03:59 AM »

Hmm, that's a bummer. I just want to play it. I guess I'll have to try and get a flash card then. I understand where he is coming from though as that was pretty crappy what he did. All it takes is one assclown to ruin it for everyone else.

I think Vestcoat is correct.

The most important thing, in my greedy and selfish reasoning, is for bonknuts to continue making wonderful contributions to our little community. 

|    | 

Trenton_net

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2013, 05:41:52 AM »
Wouldn't a simple solution to the problem of people selling reproduction CDs be having a boot screen with the message "WARNING! If you paid for this CD you were ripped off. You can get this game free from <Insert Some Website>."?

SamIAm

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2013, 06:49:30 AM »
I'm pondering whether to plant just such a message into any translations I work on. I'm happy to do it for free, but if someone started selling CD-Rs of one of my projects, I'd be pissed.

Wherever he is and why, I sure hope Tom comes back someday, and soon.

Black Tiger

« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:22 AM »
Wouldn't a simple solution to the problem of people selling reproduction CDs be having a boot screen with the message "WARNING! If you paid for this CD you were ripped off. You can get this game free from <Insert Some Website>."?

Those Dreamcast boot discs said something like that.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »
Anyone willing to pay $60-70 for an obvious bootleg yet oblivious to where it came from (or at least unwilling to find out), would certainly not be bothered by such a warning screen; not to say that they're a bad idea.  As for asshat profiteering - it's pretty much unavoidable, but don't let one bad apple taint the experience and overrule the genuine appreciation from the majority.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Trenton_net

« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2013, 06:04:11 PM »
I agree. It would be a shame if CD projects for Mega Man 2 (maybe 3, in the future? :-)) or any other game be axed just due to one bad apple.

Punch

« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2013, 03:52:55 AM »
EDIT: Misread, found the Megaman1 ISO link on http://pcedev.wordpress.com/downloads-and-links/
Check out my custom cover :)

Not high quality but I kinda like it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:01:20 AM by Punch »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2013, 04:39:32 AM »
Browsing through the blog, I found this.

And finally, not MM related, Dragon Warrior. I never publicly released this game. It’s on CD. I’m gonna redo some the emulation code because this game was the very first NES2PCE project that I ever did, then release it publicly. I’ll have to figure out BRAM syscard lib and make a save option too.

This is the first time seeing this, and I surely hope it is still on the agenda.  I would love this!  Info taken from here http://pcedev.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/mm1-mm2/#comment-544

WingZeroKai

« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2013, 05:40:16 AM »
Browsing through the blog, I found this.

And finally, not MM related, Dragon Warrior. I never publicly released this game. It’s on CD. I’m gonna redo some the emulation code because this game was the very first NES2PCE project that I ever did, then release it publicly. I’ll have to figure out BRAM syscard lib and make a save option too.

This is the first time seeing this, and I surely hope it is still on the agenda.  I would love this!  Info taken from here http://pcedev.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/mm1-mm2/#comment-544

I never knew this existed. I would love love love to play this on my Duo-R.

Mishran

« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
EDIT: Misread, found the Megaman1 ISO link on http://pcedev.wordpress.com/downloads-and-links/
Check out my custom cover :)

Not high quality but I kinda like it.

Not bad. Would fit in with the rest of the turbo covers. We gotta hook him up with the butch on the Valis 3 manual.