Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13527 times)

Punch

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »
Is that a reproduction hucard with a flash ROM and if so how can I make one?

Never saw anything like that.

Bonknuts

« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »
Some guy in France is making them. It was normally just a white hucard he made, but he put the MM sticker on it recently. You'll have to get in contact with him, to see if he's selling the hucards. I want one too ;>_>

NightWolve

« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »
Some guy in France is making them. It was normally just a white hucard he made, but he put the MM sticker on it recently. You'll have to get in contact with him, to see if he's selling the hucards. I want one too ;>_>

Well, if I was you and wanted one, I'd send him a nicely worded email demanding one as payment, letting him know that you're responsible for that port and that he's been cashing in, partly, on your hard work, not just his in creating that repro and loading it up with a patched ROM image, etc.! In principle, this should require a contacting of all relevant parties, you know, if you wanna at least appear to have some sense of fairness, decency, etc. but we all know how shit works on the Internet, don't we ?? Of course Capcom would ignore anything from some guy on the Net and for an old, dead system, but to avoid a fan or fan team entirely ?

saturndual32

« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »
That high color Megaman sprite looks amazing, i had no idea that it could be improved that much...tom and the pce rock  :clap:!
 I just finished the first Megaman a couple nights ago on the NES, and loved it. So i am really gonna enjoy playing trough it again, with this enhancements.

Bonknuts

« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2014, 06:04:40 PM »

Well, if I was you and wanted one, I'd send him a nicely worded email demanding one as payment, letting him know that you're responsible for that port and that he's been cashing in, partly, on your hard work, not just his in creating that repro and loading it up with a patched ROM image, etc.! In principle, this should require a contacting of all relevant parties, you know, if you wanna at least appear to have some sense of fairness, decency, etc. but we all know how shit works on the Internet, don't we ?? Of course Capcom would ignore anything from some guy on the Net and for an old, dead system, but to avoid a fan or fan team entirely ?

No, no. You misunderstand. He created a 'flash' card. It's all white. I ~think~ he's selling those; not sure (the site/forum is in french. Might just be a personal flash card. Dunno). Someone told him about the Megaman PCE game, and so he uploaded the rom and put a sticker on it. He's not making repro's that I know of.

saturndual32: Hey, I didn't realize that you had an account here :D Those are Fragmare's sprites. They need a tiny bit of tweaking, but I like 'em.  :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm actually working on doing all the sprites in the game right now (upgrading their size and color counts). It's slow and a pain, because I have to make all the enemy tables (x/y/attrib/tile) by hand. And I have to verify that it aligns up with original. I did this with Megaman and Cutman, but thankfully the enemy sprites don't have a lot of animation to them (compared to MM and the bosses). But I need to get this out of the way. I can't wait to start upgrading the tiles/tilemap. I was thinking about expanding and changing the levels a little bit - to freshen up the game. I was never happy with Bombman's level. That needs a graphic overhaul. And maybe just a bit of parallax thrown in, too. Once I get all the sprites upgraded to PCE format, I'll have much more room in the SAT as well as sprite per scanline limit - for adding sprites in for parallax effects.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:07:44 PM by Bonknuts »

NightWolve

« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »
Oh, I see. It's another general flash cart. I didn't think we'd see more after Turbo Everdrive. If it's a single-game-per-load type, like Gameofyou's, then he's just preloading your Megaman ROM port onto it, throwing the sticker on, and selling it like that.  :-k, he is still boosting the value off your work though, but yeah, I guess it's kinda iffy here...

Bonknuts

« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
As far as I know, he's not selling the Megaman one in the pic. That's his personal copy. As long as he's not selling a preloaded Megaman+label (which I'm ~pretty~ sure he isn't, from looking at the forum) - then I'm fine with it. People can make their own personal repros. People can make repro's for other people too, as long as there's no profit involved (including community pressings of anything I release for free. Do as you want, just don't pull a profit from it). As long as there's no profit involved, you can do whatever you want with said free stuffs/works.

fragmare

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2014, 04:06:02 AM »
Damn, Tom, that hi-color Megaman player sprite is some hot shit!  Who pixeled that???  ;)

lukester

« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2014, 07:15:38 AM »
Damn, Tom, that hi-color Megaman player sprite is some hot shit!  Who pixeled that???  ;)

Word.

I would gladly pay for a PCE Megaman port with that quality.

Bonknuts

« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2014, 07:33:20 AM »

Word.

I would gladly pay for a PCE Megaman port with that quality.

No need to pay; it's free. In all honesty, I was supposed to be working on an original megaman clone for the PCE. Something that could be pressed to CD or to hucard. And something that I could sell as well. But I'm just having too much fun hacking this old game :P

Hey! I just mentioned you :P Your sprite work looks great. Up for redoing the enemies? Haha.

fragmare

« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »

Hey! I just mentioned you :P Your sprite work looks great. Up for redoing the enemies? Haha.

Hell yea i am!  :)

Bonknuts

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2014, 04:56:55 AM »
Create an account over at http://forum.pcedev.net . I have a private board for MM Turbo. I'll set you up with access once you create an account.

saturndual32

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
You are gonna improve the rest of the sprites, the backgrounds, and add a bit of parallax too?!, plus the cd soundtrack, no slowdown, and the most imoprtant thing, the NES versions gameplay/timeing ...this is so gonna kick the crap out of the Rockman 1 found on the Sega Genesis.  I hate that version so much, mainly due to the broken gameplay.
You rock Bonknuts!!!

Tatsujin

« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
Saw this today: http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=140131020139627363.jpg

Pretty cool looking :D

yeah saw that too on FB somewhere. whats all about it? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Tatsujin

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
ok. dont bother, already got it :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^