Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13510 times)

Bonknuts

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
I have an idea for chip music:

-Get a NSF rip of the original music
-Get nsf2midi and convert the tracks to MIDI
-Get 3MLE and convert the MIDI to MML
-Squirrelize it :D

I don't know if that would work but hey, it was an idea. :)

I didn't know they had nsf2midi. When the time comes, I'll take a look at Squirrel. I need to see the foot print size of it (rom, ram, and cpu resource). I'll be doing DDA sample playback too. Will I have to tack that on myself?

One thing I'll say about the Wily Wars version of the Cutman stage... IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE INDOORS!  At least i never got that impression playing the original NES game.  I made mine outdoors, the way it should be!  :)

That kind of bug'd me too, about Cutman's level in Wily Wars. I can understand maybe a section or two, but not the whole level. I like the PCE pic you posted. Them clouds is gonna scroll parallax style (they'll be sprites). If I have enough cpu resource (which I should now, games even faster with the new larger sprites), I'm gonna do BG color #0 gradients too. Not enough TG/PCE games do that (Magical Chase might be the only one).

Very nice, Tom. I've been using the old build to test the Ab cards; maybe it's time to upgrade :) (BTW, I suck at the game.) Does it still fit in 512K? :)

For those of you asking about cards, get together and make a plan. The circuit layout is dead easy, getting the physical boards made isn't too expensive, and the EPROM chips are about $5 each (you need parallel ones). Find people who can solder small chips, and a few folks with eeprom programmers (yes, I have one), and we could do it. Just need someone to oversee it all.

Tom: Sorry to hear about the concussion.  I'm like that when I don't get enough sleep. Here's hoping work doesn't interfere quite so much until you get done with this :)

Keep up the good work. We're rooting for your.
Saw your post on the ipl palette problems. I had to laugh at that - it's almost as bad as the one in the irq routine [save A,X,Y and restore them. But not the flags register? What if the irq occurs in the middle of a cmp / branch pair? ]

Hah! That's cool. Yeah, the new hucard version out (has easy mode), should be 512k (I padded it to that, it's actually closer to 300k).

I've been bugging my brother to make a 3 piece hucard mold. He's keeps buying all this new equipment for his machine shop, but I have yet to receive any mold :/ I had no plans to mass produce any hucards, but I did want to make a few by hand (plastic injection mold). If only to say, Hey - I made a hucard. Lol. I forget off hand, but I think the PCB needed to be 0.30 of an inch thick, along with a surface mount low profile eeprom, to be glued onto the plastic (though I'm sure that's a major patent infringement on the original hucard). Something like that. Tooling is usually expensive. At least that part I can get for free. It's low priority though; I have nothing to sell/put out on hucard at the moment. I am just stoked to see others making hucards though.

Yeah, concussions suck. Never had one with side effects that lasted a couple of days. There's first time for everything. Technically, we (myself and the other trades) should be wearing hard hats, but you know how that goes. Of course, we should be wearing harness straps too, for the lifts. OSHA would have field, if they ever visited some of these construction jobs.

Yeah, that IPL bug tripped me up. Makes me wonder what other bugs are in the system card lib >_>

fragmare

« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2014, 01:46:47 AM »
If I have enough cpu resource (which I should now, games even faster with the new larger sprites), I'm gonna do BG color #0 gradients too. Not enough TG/PCE games do that (Magical Chase might be the only one).

Updated the GIF to show a bg color 0 gradient  :D  Is this something like what you had in mind?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:55:08 AM by fragmare »

Nando

« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2014, 02:26:05 AM »
If I have enough cpu resource (which I should now, games even faster with the new larger sprites), I'm gonna do BG color #0 gradients too. Not enough TG/PCE games do that (Magical Chase might be the only one).

Updated the GIF to show a bg color 0 gradient  :D  Is this something like what you had in mind?

my Cross Wiber is getting jealous! Love the MM sprite!

Bonknuts

« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2014, 03:41:47 AM »
I want to add two more Robot masters/levels in the game. And no, I don't want to add the ones from Powered Up. This is Megaman: Turbo'd Up - we need specific new robot masters to the turbo version ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:44:28 AM by Bonknuts »

Nando

« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2014, 04:47:59 AM »
This is Megaman: Turbo'd Up - we need specific new robot masters to the turbo version ;)

That would be DOPE!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »
One thing I'll say about the Wily Wars version of the Cutman stage... IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE INDOORS!  At least i never got that impression playing the original NES game.  I made mine outdoors, the way it should be!  :)

YES YES YES!  The indoors thing always irritated me, let Mega Man breathe dammit!

GohanX

« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2014, 07:25:44 AM »

For those of you asking about cards, get together and make a plan. The circuit layout is dead easy, getting the physical boards made isn't too expensive, and the EPROM chips are about $5 each (you need parallel ones). Find people who can solder small chips, and a few folks with eeprom programmers (yes, I have one), and we could do it. Just need someone to oversee it all.

What kind of eprom would this take? If it works with my burner I could crank some out.

lukester

« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
A little far ahead, but some questions.

1. Would the HuCard version be Japan region or US region? Hopefully Japan?
2. Any idea of cost?
3. If successful, would future projects like up-porting Megaman 2 or Contra be possible?

esteban

« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:32 AM »

This is Megaman: Turbo'd Up - we need specific new robot masters to the turbo version ;)

That would be DOPE!

Well, to pay respect (homage) to the legacy of TG-16/PCE bastards, we could borrow the mighty HuMAN from Wonderboy (a la Turbo) as a possible boss.

Then, of course, we go with a game that is completely exclusive to the PCE/TG-16 library:

GOMOLA MAN
JAGU MAN
PAC MAN
ROM RAM

|    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2014, 08:51:00 AM »
Well, to pay respect (homage) to the legacy of TG-16/PCE bastards, we could borrow the mighty HuMAN from Wonderboy (a la Turbo) as a possible boss.

Then, of course, we go with a game that is completely exclusive to the PCE/TG-16 library:

GOMOLA MAN
JAGU MAN
PAC MAN
ROM RAM
We need a basic, Facebook-similar "Like" feature for posts just like these. :)

Nando

« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
RondoMAN! lol

megatron-uk

« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2014, 09:31:07 AM »
Bonk-man?
Soldier-man?

Nando

« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
Beraboh-Man ;)

spenoza

« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »
CD-ROMROM Man. He could be a little Metal Man-ish and throw CDs with 8-way aiming. Bomberman with a CD for a head.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Punch

« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »
I'm not sure why we're having trouble getting someone to do HuCards of the game, wasn't Arkhan making some for his Deep Blue II game? I think he's the best option right now?