Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13495 times)

Bonknuts

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2014, 05:33:13 PM »
Cool. It sounds doable. I'll take a look when I'm closer to that area of the project. For DDA, I'll probably just interpret certain notes as sample #'s. Will see how well that plays out.

lukester

« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2014, 10:52:16 PM »
Friendly bump to see if this is still alive.

esadajr

« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2014, 09:13:49 AM »
you bet it's still alive. When you least expect it bam! Bonknuts will surprise us
Gaming since 1985

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »
Have you guys checked his blog?  The latest megaman news is a couple weeks old, but more interesting is the recent bit about him working on a film and using a PCE.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »
AFAIK Tom is still working on it(though he's busy according to his blog) & I'm still working on my own version of the soundtrack in the hopes that he atleast will want it as an alternate soundtrack.  I'm keeping the sounds I'm using tight knit, so that the entire game has the same sound set, as if it were limited(I have thousands of instruments on my keyboard).  I've got basic versions of all the Robot Masters tunes & Dr. Wily's first tune, along with the selection screen & the stage select all done.  Iceman was probably the hardest to nail down, that melody is allll over the place & off beat. 

I'm currently working on the regular boss tune.  It's a short song in the NES version, but I have some ideas to help expand it a little.  I just have to figure what the average is for fighting a boss to determine how long to make it, maybe 1:30?  I'm figuring around 4 minutes for level tunes should be good.  When I get to the other boss tune, I may make 2 versions, as IIRC, it's used for the Wily bosses, & Wily himself.

Bonknuts

« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2014, 12:02:17 PM »
PD, once you finish all your tracks - I'll post the music pak on the site ;)

Update: Well, read the blog. Work brought things to a crawl for a bit (this is about the time of the year that I almost lose my place; no work = can't pay bills). Work>anything hobby related. It has priority, unfortunately. This is why I wanted to do a kick starter for a new PCE game, and give it my full 10 hours a day attention for 3 months straight. But I doubt you (err I) could get enough people together for just a 'PCE' game.

Anyway, I had some time off for jan/feb and really got a lot of stuff done on MM. But some things have come up with higher priority (movie stuff, work stuff). I do want to finish MM, regardless. I figured, even if I don't get any monetary reward for it - I'll get 'cred' for doing the work. And I can use that, if nothing else, for future PCE projects. Or, at the very least - I'll have put out something for the community that's unique and people will want to play (no other system, modern or otherwise, will have anything like this re-imagined MM game).

So unless people want to pay my bills - haha, progress will slowdown from time to time. It is what it is; a hobby project.

NightWolve

« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2014, 01:05:02 PM »
This is why I wanted to do a kick starter for a new PCE game, and give it my full 10 hours a day attention for 3 months straight. But I doubt you (err I) could get enough people together for just a 'PCE' game.
I wonder if one could pull that off for a PCE game, yeah. If Kickstarter members are willing to spend $100,000+ to send a major libelous/slanderous cunt to Japan to write his little book and sell back to them, or $8 million+ on this now failed Ouya gaming platform, surely it could be feasible for a PCE game.

Actually, did you see my friend Chris' "Insanity's Blade" project ? He was able to raise $7000 for his videogame, reaching his goal by over $1k. He recently bought licensing from Nintendo to port it on the Wii U platform making him an official developer and it's just a two-man team, so purty cool.

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=15903.0

It started off originally as an 8-bit game as an ode to the NES, but he wound up changing his mind and upgrading it to 16-bit quality. He is interested in somebody porting the game to the NEC/PCE platform BTW, I asked Arkhan, but he's too busy. So might as well float the idea to you in case you'd be interested.

Anyway, his success does make me think you could do it as well with the right planning, ideas for the game you have in mind, etc. If you want tips, check with me on Facebook and I'll direct you to his account there. He'd be happy to share info.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:08:00 PM by NightWolve »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2014, 05:18:27 PM »

Shweeet!  That solidifies my plans on how I want to handle the length of the tracks & the adding of variety to them in general. :)

esteban

« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »

Shweeet!  That solidifies my plans on how I want to handle the length of the tracks & the adding of variety to them in general. :)

Dude, I am glad you are doing the music with some extra spice
  |    | 

Bonknuts

« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
This is why I wanted to do a kick starter for a new PCE game, and give it my full 10 hours a day attention for 3 months straight. But I doubt you (err I) could get enough people together for just a 'PCE' game.
I wonder if one could pull that off for a PCE game, yeah. If Kickstarter members are willing to spend $100,000+ to send a major libelous/slanderous cunt to Japan to write his little book and sell back to them, or $8 million+ on this now failed Ouya gaming platform, surely it could be feasible for a PCE game.

Actually, did you see my friend Chris' "Insanity's Blade" project ? He was able to raise $7000 for his videogame, reaching his goal by over $1k. He recently bought licensing from Nintendo to port it on the Wii U platform making him an official developer and it's just a two-man team, so purty cool.

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=15903.0

It started off originally as an 8-bit game as an ode to the NES, but he wound up changing his mind and upgrading it to 16-bit quality. He is interested in somebody porting the game to the NEC/PCE platform BTW, I asked Arkhan, but he's too busy. So might as well float the idea to you in case you'd be interested.

Anyway, his success does make me think you could do it as well with the right planning, ideas for the game you have in mind, etc. If you want tips, check with me on Facebook and I'll direct you to his account there. He'd be happy to share info.

I honestly think this wouldn't be the case for PCE. It'd have no problem for SMS or Genesis project, but there isn't a wide enough audience for a kick starter type of project for PCE. It's too small; it's pre-order when you're close to finished, or front all costs until it's complete, or nothing.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2014, 06:56:21 PM »

Dude, I am glad you are doing the music with some extra spice

My main plan is to try to draw some extra stuff from the Gameboy MM to help flesh out the songs, along with any ideas I can glean from any other versions of the same songs that have come out over the years.

esteban

« Reply #281 on: October 05, 2014, 02:46:15 AM »
Paranoia, I know you were updating us in other threads, but can you give an overview of which songs are (nearly) "completed" and which ones remain "in progress" or "not even started"?

I'm just curious. 
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »
Okey dokey:

Title Screen-this song will be an extra, it'll probably be the last song I do, incase I need to switch gears, or foresee an extreme lack of time coming up.

Stage Select-done

Stage Start-done

Cutman-done

Fireman-in process of fleshing it out & finishing it

Iceman-basic tune done, need to flesh it out

Gutsman-basic tune done, need to flesh it out

Bombman-basic tune done, need to flesh it out

Elecman-basic tune done, need to flesh it out

Boss fight-done, but may go back & tweak it slightly

Boss Victory-done

Wily Stage 1-basic tune done, needs fleshing out

Wily Stage 2-done, but might do some tweaking to the drums

Wily Stage Bosses-done

Dr. Wily Final Battle-done, this is an extra special song I did, since Wily doesn't have his own tune in the original game, so I compiled my song from a few different Mega Man sources.  If there's any song I'd love to show off, it's this one!

Final Victory-done

Ending Credits-done

Game Over-done

There's a few lil' jingles I may find a way to include in this, but, like with the Title Screen, I'd like to get all the regular songs done first.

esteban

Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2014, 02:13:42 AM »
Paranoia, I know you have a lot of work to do yet, but you definitely have made a lot of progress!!!!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:57:39 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

shubibiman

« Reply #284 on: October 07, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »
Great !
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion