Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13452 times)

esteban

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2016, 10:39:54 AM »

If only I could get rid of some of the useless shit in my head. Its amazing what still takes up space.

Ugh, you & me both, sometimes I feel like I need a lobotomy to get rid of the stuff that I wish to forget!

Hmm yes, hmm yes. lol

BACK ON TOPIC: I still have Mega Man 1-3 tunes permanently burned in my brain because I played those games a billion times, back in the day. This is actually a BAD thing, because I over listened to them and have become sorta "numb" to them after a short time.

This same sort of thing happens to any music I have been overexposed to. Sad. :(
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »

If only I could get rid of some of the useless shit in my head. Its amazing what still takes up space.

Ugh, you & me both, sometimes I feel like I need a lobotomy to get rid of the stuff that I wish to forget!

Hmm yes, hmm yes. lol

BACK ON TOPIC: I still have Mega Man 1-3 tunes permanently burned in my brain because I played those games a billion times, back in the day. This is actually a BAD thing, because I over listened to them and have become sorta "numb" to them after a short time.

This same sort of thing happens to any music I have been overexposed to. Sad. :(

If only there was a way to forget, like legitimately forget, the best songs, no, the best albums ever. Only to experience them for the first time again.

spenoza

« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2016, 03:36:56 PM »
Putting them away for a while (a few months, or even a few years) can really help. You listen and they sound familiar, but a bit better, until there's just a particular moment in the music and you just swoon. Then it's all good.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

HailingTheThings

« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2016, 04:02:06 PM »
Putting them away for a while (a few months, or even a few years) can really help. You listen and they sound familiar, but a bit better, until there's just a particular moment in the music and you just swoon. Then it's all good.

I've down done that with quite a bit of music, it is pretty wow, but nothing beats listening to something great for that very first time. <3

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:53:33 PM by HailingTheThings »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2016, 05:55:40 PM »

Hmm yes, hmm yes. lol

Well, hopefully my MM soundtrack will give you a needed shot in the arm to invigorate you're love for the original, or at least I hope it does.  I'm sure there'll be people that don't like it, but I hope the majority will enjoy it.

esteban

Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »

Hmm yes, hmm yes. lol

Well, hopefully my MM soundtrack will give you a needed shot in the arm to invigorate you're love for the original, or at least I hope it does.  I'm sure there'll be people that don't like it, but I hope the majority will enjoy it.

This is precisely why I am looking forward to your soundtrack! :)

It's also why I wish I could magically select an "alternate" soundtrack for chiptunes (as you know, creating an alternative Red Book soundtrack is possible...not that I have done it often)...but simply knowing it is possible makes my soul happy...for example, many years ago, I played Ys I & II with an alternate soundtrack...Darkman had simply swapped in some arrangements from Falcom's "Ys Perfect Collection"...that was awesome.

:)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:16:24 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2016, 07:43:11 PM »
Yeah, one of my fav Ys 1 & 2 ost's is from Chronicles, love it, maybe strangely more so then the Turbob edition! Here it is if you ever want to listen to it, some of it just downright gives me flippin' goosebumps!

On another note, while coming up for ideas for 1 of my extra Wily castle tunes(for Wily Castle 2), I found this, pretty cool rendition of Mighty Obstacle from Ys 6, but made to sound like Mega Man X!

the haze

« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2016, 09:25:29 PM »

...for example, many years ago, I played Ys I & II with an alternate soundtrack...Darkman had simply swapped in some arrangements from Falcom's "Ys Perfect Collection"...that was awesome.

I am glad you enjoyed it.  :mrgreen:  I totally didn't see this until AFTER I posted this thread.  :shock:
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20440.0

Funny the sudden interest or memory of this project, however vague makes me happy.  :lol:
electrohaze aka darkman
-----------------------------
DJ page here:
http://electrohaze.com/

darkcityproductions Duo pages here:
http://darkcityproductions.org

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/269631716731726/

NightWolve

« Reply #383 on: January 28, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »
Yeah, one of my fav Ys 1 & 2 ost's is from Chronicles, love it, maybe strangely more so then the Turbob edition! Here it is if you ever want to listen to it, some of it just downright gives me flippin' goosebumps!

Some of them are interesting, but Turbob edition still whips this OST's butt overall. ;)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2016, 07:20:15 PM »
I am, ever so slowly, working on that remixed tune for the 2nd Wily level.  It's pretty dope sounding, but still got a ways to go sadly.  Lack of time & energy, & the song itself being complicated.  Plus, I'm doing fake guitars in it, trying to make it as real sounding as possible!

esteban

« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2016, 12:20:20 AM »
I am, ever so slowly, working on that remixed tune for the 2nd Wily level.  It's pretty dope sounding, but still got a ways to go sadly.  Lack of time & energy, & the song itself being complicated.  Plus, I'm doing fake guitars in it, trying to make it as real sounding as possible!

Forget about guitars....just have crazy, in-your-face fake slap-bass in the song and I'll be happy.

The *slappiest* of slap-bass.
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2016, 08:38:45 PM »
Actually, I have some slap bass in Gutman's theme! :)

esteban

« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2016, 11:13:38 PM »
Actually, I have some slap bass in Gutman's theme! :)

This is why I love you. :)
  |    | 

sanjo

« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2016, 10:48:11 PM »
Yeah, the goal is to upgrade the graphics. Like I stated in the other thread, PCE sprite ability is already hacked into the emulation code in a WIP build. Allows one to upgrade sprites as they go, yet leave other sprites as is until they're ready. A mixture of NES sprites and PCE sprites (sounds simple, but is has to handled via video emulation and the original game engine). The tiles will be upgraded in a similar way. It won't have the full power of the PCE, but it'll be more than the NES emulation as is. CDDA track code is in the WIP build as well. ADPCM code is next. And probably a simple but new PCE sound engine (I have a few lying around), if you can find someone to redo the tracks in a more PCE PSG spec'd format.

I'm the new guy here and I think what you are doing is super cool. Played Megaman to death when I was a kid and even joined Capcom's Megaman club ($30 and all you got was a poster and some inside info on MM4)..

What about using the sprites from the Genesis/MD version? I thought they were nice. The only let down of the Genny remake was the speed and especially, the music.  But if you made it a CD based game like the MM1 conversion, I'm sure there's a ton of nice remade songs out there you can use?

on the subject of capcom, I'd love to see a PCE version of Area 88 / UN Squadron :)

tjsnh

« Reply #389 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:05 AM »
I saw a youtube vid about this but haven't been able to find a download.
Any links?