Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13436 times)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #390 on: November 07, 2016, 05:03:45 AM »
I will pm you.

Bonknuts

« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2016, 08:46:18 AM »
As far as the upgraded version of Megaman 1 (graphics and colors), I don't think I'm going to finish this project. I do want to finish Cutman's level and that will probably be it. A teaser of what can be done for nes2pce stuffs when upgraded with additional PCE features. That said, I'm going to release the source code for the whole thing. I really doubt anyone will pick this up and continue it, but you never know. I really need to go in and document a lot of stuff first, though. And that's going to take some time.

The reason why I don't want to put anymore time into this, is because me time is very limited. I mean, it just keeps getting more limited as I progress in school. How Arkhan was able to fit his games into his school schedule is beyond me, but totally much respect to him for being able to pull it off. So that said, I really want to focus on original stuff. I realize at this point full games are probably out of my reach/scope as far as investments, but I really do like the 1-2 stage games out there like time-attack shmups and such, just not limited to shmups. That way I can get to do all the things I've always wanted, and genres I like, without an exponential investment on my part.

Anyway, for the upgraded Cutman level; all the sprites except the Boss are upgraded. I just need to write a back end script/service for sprite layers and upgrade the BG graphics. I'm hoping to do this over winter break.

Also, this winter, with the help of elmer's expanded system card for TED (512k ram), I'll release a CD version of MM2 with CD sound track like I did with MM1. That was pretty easy to do in MM1, so it should be the same with MM2.

I actually had a WIP of Castlevania nes2pce that had CD sound tracks. It had a bug that I never tracked down. I should probably add that to the list. The whole thing about the CD sound track, is so anyone can make their own personal sound tracks. I dunno. Being able to personalize games like that seemed like a cool idea.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:49:09 AM by Bonknuts »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2016, 05:26:27 PM »
Bummer.  Though I do know about not having me time.  I think I'm finally getting back to the point of having some, so I will be continuing work on my version of the Mega Man soundtrack.  Since I have a few extra songs to be added(most notably, the Dr. Wily levels will have 3 extra tunes), I hope you'll be willing to do some re-programming of the cd seek track routines for my extra songs........I hope I hope I hope! :)

esteban

Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2016, 09:10:38 PM »
I actually had a WIP of Castlevania nes2pce that had CD sound tracks. It had a bug that I never tracked down. I should probably add that to the list. The whole thing about the CD sound track, is so anyone can make their own personal sound tracks. I dunno. Being able to personalize games like that seemed like a cool idea.

Absolutely! I think it is a wonderful option, rich with possibilities.

:)

Also, I am praying at TurboShrine as I type this. You *will* win the lottery and become financially secure by the end of the current eon.

Free time approaching!

Bummer.  Though I do know about not having me time.  I think I'm finally getting back to the point of having some, so I will be continuing work on my version of the Mega Man soundtrack.  Since I have a few extra songs to be added(most notably, the Dr. Wily levels will have 3 extra tunes), I hope you'll be willing to do some re-programming of the cd seek track routines for my extra songs........I hope I hope I hope! :)

He will. I dreamt it will happen.

However, all three of us might be active members of AARP when it happens.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:18:26 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

esteban

Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:10 PM »
  |    | 

fragmare

« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »
Bonknuts, let me know if you need any new pixel art cooked up for this.  :)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2016, 06:03:27 PM »
Hell yeah, Frag is back!!!

esteban

« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2016, 10:01:03 PM »
  |    | 

fragmare

« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »
Lol, hey guys.

I remember doing the Megaman sprite and the background tiles for the Cutman level a few years back.  Always wanted to see something come of it  :)  IIRC, I never drew the enemies or boss sprite

Bonknuts

« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
Hey Frag!

Yeah, I don't have any updated graphics for the Cutman boss. I did a lot of hacking to get those graphics to work in Cutmans levels, so I definitely want to see that stage finished.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2016, 05:11:53 PM »
Lol, hey guys.

I remember doing the Megaman sprite and the background tiles for the Cutman level a few years back.  Always wanted to see something come of it  :)  IIRC, I never drew the enemies or boss sprite

As do I!  I'm still working on a soundtrack, just have had little "me" time in the last several months, but I plan on getting it going again soon.

fragmare

« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2016, 06:40:27 PM »
Hey Frag!

Yeah, I don't have any updated graphics for the Cutman boss. I did a lot of hacking to get those graphics to work in Cutmans levels, so I definitely want to see that stage finished.

Is that all that's left?  the boss sprite being reworked?  Looking back through my folder I did quite a few enemies, the bg tiles, and, of course, the custom Megaman sprite

esteban

« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2016, 07:46:39 PM »
Hey Frag!

Is that all that's left?  the boss sprite being reworked?  Looking back through my folder I did quite a few enemies, the bg tiles, and, of course, the custom Megaman sprite

I see momentum building!

|    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #403 on: November 12, 2016, 10:06:56 AM »
Hey Frag!

I see momentum building!

Thomas the PC Engine is gaining steam!  And boy, is it STEAMY! :)

vacantplanets

« Reply #404 on: November 23, 2016, 01:23:21 PM »

Also, this winter, with the help of elmer's expanded system card for TED (512k ram), I'll release a CD version of MM2 with CD sound track like I did with MM1. That was pretty easy to do in MM1, so it should be the same with MM2.

Man, I can't believe I'm reading this. I can't wait! :D

Here's your MM2 soundtrack:

I can also find a Castlevania soundtrack when the time comes for it.

I'd rather be playing guitar or listening to a PC Engine CD soundtrack.

Currently playing PC Engine, Saturn, and SNES MSU1.