Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13445 times)

Bonknuts

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #405 on: November 23, 2016, 01:49:23 PM »
Hey Frag!

Yeah, I don't have any updated graphics for the Cutman boss. I did a lot of hacking to get those graphics to work in Cutmans levels, so I definitely want to see that stage finished.

Is that all that's left?  the boss sprite being reworked?  Looking back through my folder I did quite a few enemies, the bg tiles, and, of course, the custom Megaman sprite
I need to finish out this semester. We should talk during winter break (starting December). That's the only free time I have.

Bonknuts

« Reply #406 on: November 23, 2016, 01:50:26 PM »

Also, this winter, with the help of elmer's expanded system card for TED (512k ram), I'll release a CD version of MM2 with CD sound track like I did with MM1. That was pretty easy to do in MM1, so it should be the same with MM2.

I actually had a WIP of Castlevania nes2pce that had CD sound tracks. It had a bug that I never tracked down. I should probably add that to the list. The whole thing about the CD sound track, is so anyone can make their own personal sound tracks. I dunno. Being able to personalize games like that seemed like a cool idea.

Man, I can't believe I'm reading this. I can't wait! :D

Here's your MM2 soundtrack:

I can also find a Castlevania soundtrack when the time comes for it.
Thanks for the link! Gonna have to get that album from his bandcamp link.

vacantplanets

« Reply #407 on: November 27, 2016, 10:18:29 AM »
No problem. Here's another MM2 soundtrack for the people who want a version that's less metal.

I'd rather be playing guitar or listening to a PC Engine CD soundtrack.

Currently playing PC Engine, Saturn, and SNES MSU1.

fragmare

« Reply #408 on: December 23, 2016, 06:40:35 AM »
Bonknuts, check your pm.  I sent you a couple frames for the Cutman sprite I am working on a while back.  Let me know what you think of the pixel sauce.  :)

Bonknuts

« Reply #409 on: December 23, 2016, 08:37:21 AM »
PM sent.

fragmare

« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2016, 11:03:41 PM »
Bump.  Bonknuts, check your PM again.  :)  MMerry Christmas!

elmer

« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2017, 11:04:41 AM »
I couldn't see this mentioned earlier in the thread, and I apologize if it's old news.

I've been going through a couple of threads on the Deflemask forum, looking for PCE tunes to download to test on Huzak, and I came across this 2-year-old complete Deflemask MM1 soundtrack for the PCE ...

http://www.deflemask.com/forum/show-off-your-work/cover-game-music-on-a-different-system/msg1934/#msg1934

It sounds good to me, but I really don't know the game well.

What do you MM1 fans think, is it any good?

fragmare

« Reply #412 on: January 05, 2017, 03:16:21 AM »
Hey, this is pretty rockin!  They're completely remastered into 6 tracks, not just translated straight from the NES, so the extra depth is nice!  :)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #413 on: January 05, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »
I hope i can get myself back to working on this soundtrack, but, currently having PC problems.  A guy from my wife's work who works in IT is going to try to get me up & running.  Then, to motivate myself, I plan on remaking the Bonk 3 CD soundtrack to sound more like souped up versions of the 1st 2 games.  From there, I should have about 5 songs to finish including the Title Screen from the GB version.

fragmare

« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2017, 04:11:41 AM »
I hope i can get myself back to working on this soundtrack, but, currently having PC problems.  A guy from my wife's work who works in IT is going to try to get me up & running.  Then, to motivate myself, I plan on remaking the Bonk 3 CD soundtrack to sound more like souped up versions of the 1st 2 games.  From there, I should have about 5 songs to finish including the Title Screen from the GB version.

Chop chop.  I recently turned in my boss sprite assignment.  lol :P

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2017, 04:51:12 AM »
Not saying Paranoia's music sucks, but, since this is a free game, why not use the Miniboss's Megaman 2 tunes where available ?

Megaman 2s music has so many rediddles that are available.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #416 on: January 06, 2017, 06:51:06 PM »
Not saying Paranoia's music sucks, but, since this is a free game, why not use the Miniboss's Megaman 2 tunes where available ?

Megaman 2s music has so many rediddles that are available.

True dat, however, you ARE saying my music sucks! :D  No but seriously though, this is a soundtrack I dreamed of doing since I was a kid.  Especially Cutman, always wanted a Mariachi band version!  LOL.  I've added a few more songs to the roster however, including a Final Boss theme, based on 4 different Wily related tunes, with the meat of the track being a recreation of MM9's Wiley Machine tune.  Also am doing 2 extra tracks for the Wily levels 2 & 4.  Mainly remixed versions of the original tracks, but with other MM stuffs mixed in to give them a different sound.

It'll probably still take me a bit to get to finishing this sadly(2016 was a bit of a hellish year for me), but I'm going to continue doing it. I'm sure Frag will pass me up on completion!  So, if need be, other tunes can be put in place till I finish mine.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #417 on: January 06, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
are you going to go with the obvious metal renditions, or do weirder shit?
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #418 on: January 08, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »
Nope, no metal.  The only song I'm doing that's close to metal would be the alternate version of Dr.Wily Castle 1(which will play on the 2nd Castle level).  I have some guitar in Iceman.  Might put some guitar in the Title Screen, not sure, haven't worked on that one at all yet.

Cutman has alot of trumpets & castanets, various songs have violins.  All the songs are mixed with other related songs.  For instance, I mixed several versions of Cutman's theme, as well as some other latin based or blade based MM tunes from thruout the entire series.  Bombman was the hardest to find tunes that were similar either in theme, or sound.  He didn't appear in the GB game, or MM Soccer.  I ended up taking some stuff from Burstman as well as any song from the series that is set in a city, since that's the main thing I think of with his level.

I'm almost tempted to set up a youtube account or something & upload all the songs that are finished.  Was wanting to hold back till it was 100% done originally.

esteban

« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »
Nope, no metal.  The only song I'm doing that's close to metal would be the alternate version of Dr.Wily Castle 1(which will play on the 2nd Castle level).  I have some guitar in Iceman.  Might put some guitar in the Title Screen, not sure, haven't worked on that one at all yet.

Cutman has alot of trumpets & castanets, various songs have violins.  All the songs are mixed with other related songs.  For instance, I mixed several versions of Cutman's theme, as well as some other latin based or blade based MM tunes from thruout the entire series.  Bombman was the hardest to find tunes that were similar either in theme, or sound.  He didn't appear in the GB game, or MM Soccer.  I ended up taking some stuff from Burstman as well as any song from the series that is set in a city, since that's the main thing I think of with his level.

I'm almost tempted to set up a youtube account or something & upload all the songs that are finished.  Was wanting to hold back till it was 100% done originally.

Hey!

Release a song every day over a period of _____ days.

Or 1-2 songs a week over ___ months.

:)
  |    |