Author Topic: Megaman PCE thread  (Read 13427 times)

bonq

Re: Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2017, 07:35:04 AM »
Hey PD,

I liked the Cutman track a lot. The transitions are done well. I also agree that it kind of has a fun cheeriness to it. I like the first transition and the instruments used in the second (middle) part, they are pretty spot on.

-bonq

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2017, 05:15:34 PM »
Thanks Bonq, I don't recall if you had heard that one yet!

So, I just don't hear it being off, & I have zero musical training....I just hear stuff, & either recreate it to the best of my ability, or make up new stuff, like what I did with Jungle Bros.  Would you say it's absolutely necessary to move the 7 notes up slightly?  Makes me worry about how Iceman will come across to ones who are able to tell.  I know I can't please everybody, & I tend to continually nitpick my own songs.  Sometimes, years later I'll listen to something, & wonder why in the world I went in a certain direction, or used a certain instrument. 

Still, with that said, when the times comes, if need be, I'll load it up & try to adjust the first 7 notes forward ever so slightly.  One thing i was thinking that might help, is for me to do that, & then mash it up with the original to see if I hear a difference!

And on that note, here's the Stage Select:

https://soundcloud.com/user-826236355/stage-select-1

contains elements from:

Stage Select from MM Wily Wars

Stage Select from MM for Gameboy

Boss Select from MM for Gameboy

Select Field from MM Soccer

The Intro to the US Mega Man Cartoon

And the intro to the German MM Cartoon :D

And Stage Start:

https://soundcloud.com/user-826236355/stage-start

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:18:13 AM by ParanoiaDragon »

fragmare

« Reply #437 on: January 18, 2017, 03:02:55 AM »
Sounds good, man!  :)  I agree with the others about those few notes in the Cutman music.  If you want, I could share with you (and everybody else) how I break down and dissect the original tunes when I make the chiptune covers.  That way, you can get the timing perrrrrrrrrrrrfect.  It's a PITA and not for the faint of heart, i'll warn you.  haha

roflmao

« Reply #438 on: January 18, 2017, 03:31:05 AM »
These are sounding great!

esteban

Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #439 on: January 18, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »

Agreed. :)

My only suggestion is to BOOST THE BASS in all the tracks so that you can officially be licensed (by me) for 100% compliance to the NEC Virtual Cushion Standard (NECVCS) 

:)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:56:50 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

spenoza

« Reply #440 on: January 18, 2017, 11:30:19 AM »
Just tap your foot along with the beat and see if different parts come in at the same foot position (up or down).
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #441 on: January 18, 2017, 10:15:58 PM »
Sounds good, man!  :)  I agree with the others about those few notes in the Cutman music.  If you want, I could share with you (and everybody else) how I break down and dissect the original tunes when I make the chiptune covers.  That way, you can get the timing perrrrrrrrrrrrfect.  It's a PITA and not for the faint of heart, i'll warn you.  haha

Yeah, I wouldn't mind hearing how you do it, even if I am faint at heart!  :D

Agreed. :)

My only suggestion is to BOOST THE BASS in all the tracks so that you can officially be licensed (by me) for 100% compliance to the NEC Virtual Cushion Standard (NECVCS) 

Ha, if anything, I think some of my songs have too much bass, especially Fireman, I need to tone it down a lil'.  My Iceman theme my be a little too boomin as well.

However, if Bonknuts wants to crank the bass on the sound fx for Virtual Cushion support, more power too him!  I just don't want my songs overwhelming the average stereo!

esteban

« Reply #442 on: January 18, 2017, 10:55:33 PM »
UPDATE: I just listened to the Cutman track a few more times and I'm loving the vibe even more. I love all the little details packed in here. They don't compete with one another or become a cacophony. Just lots of nice layers and transitions.

|    | 

ChuChu Flamingo

« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2017, 07:38:46 AM »
After reading the thread, is the iso available on iso zone the final version?

bonq

« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2017, 03:10:11 PM »
Anyone notice at about 2:20 on the stage select tune you can hear a really quick voice that sounds like its saying "Mega Man" super fast.

Is that an easter egg?

-bonq

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2017, 10:53:16 AM »
Anyone notice at about 2:20 on the stage select tune you can hear a really quick voice that sounds like its saying "Mega Man" super fast.

Is that an easter egg?

-bonq

:D  I was wondering if someone would notice that I plucked some tunes & "Mega Man" from the tv show's intro!

And with that, I offer

Bombman
https://soundcloud.com/user-826236355/bomb-man

This was one of the hardest Robot Master themes to find extra material that would match up with it!  It was exhausting.  It contains elements of:

Burstman from Mega Man 7

Bombman from MM Powered Up

Commando Man from Mega Man 10

Bombman from MM Wily Wars

Metropolis Map from Wily & Light's Rockboard

Relaxation from MM Network Transmission

Bombman from Mega Man: The Puzzle Battle

Brilliant Show Window/City from MM ZX

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:16:14 AM by ParanoiaDragon »

esteban

« Reply #446 on: January 24, 2017, 08:39:59 AM »
  |    | 

Windcharger

« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »
I really like what you've done with these Mage Man remix/covers PD!  The improvisation is a very nice addition giving these tunes a freshness they haven't had in a very long time.  I can tell you spent massive amounts of time on these and just wanted to say great job man!   :D

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #448 on: January 27, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »
I really like what you've done with these Mage Man remix/covers PD!  The improvisation is a very nice addition giving these tunes a freshness they haven't had in a very long time.  I can tell you spent massive amounts of time on these and just wanted to say great job man!   :D

Thanks man, that means alot! Actually, I tend to be a bit nervous when releasing these, as I get afraid some people won't like all the additional tunes I mixed in to fluff out the tunes!

And with that said, may as well release another track

Fireman
https://soundcloud.com/user-826236355/fire-man

I've never gotten into the details with the other songs I've release thus far(I'll update them later), but this song contains elements of:

Fire Man from Mega Man for Game Boy

Fire Man for MM1 on Genesis

Fire Man from Rockman The Puzzle Battle

Fire Man from MM Powered Up

Fire Field from Mega Man Soccer

Blazing Internet from Mega Man Network Transmission

Fire Man from MM Battle Network 4.5

Magma Dragoon from MM X4

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:13:48 AM by ParanoiaDragon »

esteban

Megaman PCE thread
« Reply #449 on: January 28, 2017, 06:03:18 AM »
I haven't played nearly as many Mega Man games as Capcom released! Damn.

Also, just to piggyback in Windcharger's comment: PD, your process for creating these songs lends itself to a fresh feeling....for me, anyway, and not the "pastiche" some might expect.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:07:49 AM by esteban »
  |    |