Author Topic: Force feedback  (Read 314 times)

HercTNT

Force feedback
« on: February 27, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
It was possible to buy some sort of vibration motor setup for most gameboys. while gimicky, for some games it was a pretty slick feature. Would it be possible to add a vibration motor to a gt/express, or to a controller to give some sort of feedback. Now i built something like this for a genny controller once, and i made sure i used the button that was the action button in most games. If i fired my guns in a shooter, or jumped in a platformer you would get feedback from the motor. I would like to see something similar to this on the gt with a pot to adjust the level of feedback. What do you guys think?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Force feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:28:55 AM »
I think I'd rather have a Virtual Cushion.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:03:15 AM »
It was possible to buy some sort of vibration motor setup for most gameboys. while gimicky, for some games it was a pretty slick feature. Would it be possible to add a vibration motor to a gt/express, or to a controller to give some sort of feedback. Now i built something like this for a genny controller once, and i made sure i used the button that was the action button in most games. If i fired my guns in a shooter, or jumped in a platformer you would get feedback from the motor. I would like to see something similar to this on the gt with a pot to adjust the level of feedback. What do you guys think?

I think it might be possible to  make a new casing for a Shock N Rock for Game Boy and use it on an express since the force feedback is based entirely on sound.
--DragonmasterDan

HercTNT

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »
exactly, or have it internal. the force feedback is activated by the bass is it not?  virtual cushion ok, but after half an hour of having your internals rattled to pudding, it gets old.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »
exactly, or have it internal. the force feedback is activated by the bass is it not?  virtual cushion ok, but after half an hour of having your internals rattled to pudding, it gets old.

I have a subwoofer + an old dog mattress + Febreeze = My Own Virtual Cushion.
  |    | 

HercTNT

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 11:22:52 AM »
redneck force feedback, i love it.

esteban

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 08:09:39 PM »
redneck force feedback, i love it.

For the rednecks, the Febreeze is optional .

|    |