Author Topic: CHEAP Turbo Grafx 16 controller extensions!  (Read 349 times)

tiptopjames

CHEAP Turbo Grafx 16 controller extensions!
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »
http://www.bestpricecables.com/nec-turbo-grfx-extension-cable.html

just about to purchase a few myself to test em out, thought i would share with you guys since i see a lot of people wanting them, but only cheap pc engine ones being delivered.

enjoy!

KingDrool

Re: CHEAP Turbo Grafx 16 controller extensions!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:33:08 AM »
Thanks! I just ordered two. $2.78 is a great price. Their shipping charges are a bit absurd, though. $8 to ship a couple cables? Yikes.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

bartre

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »
these are the ones i've gone for, a bit cheaper, and if i recall, the shipping was a little better.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10215&cs_id=1021501&p_id=534&seq=1&format=2

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
Those are mini-DIN, bartre.  The ones linked above (the same ones linked by Dan a few months back) are full size DINs for the TG-16.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

hoobs88

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken...The ones from monoprice are mini din cables (fairly common) for the pc engine or Turbob Duo. The ones from bestpricecables are regular din cables (harder to find) for the Turbob.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

hoobs88

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »
Looks like Necromancer just beat me to the response.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

tiptopjames

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 05:22:26 PM »
Those are mini-DIN, bartre.  The ones linked above (the same ones linked by Dan a few months back) are full size DINs for the TG-16.
fairly new member, so i did not see that post and instead searched the internet forever until i typoed grafx to "grfx" and then i had my cable! really, i think a similar thread should be stickied so no one is tempted to pay 20 bucks and shipping for an ebay extension. plus i mean, come on, what a terribly short cable (saying it to death)

bartre

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
aha, didn't even look at the link, fair enough!
can't remember the last time i played on a regular US TG though...

motdelbourt

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »
I just ordered a couple of these from bestpricecables as well. Would have been nice if they were black instead of white, but this beats ordering from ebay. Weird that Monoprice does not seem to have a similar cable with the full size DIN.

I can get a little extension from the Turbo Tap, and it's "almost" enough to reach the couch, but not quite.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 04:47:30 PM »
Oh sweet I need a few extensions for my TG16 controllers.

Bardoly

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 04:17:43 AM »
Here are some on eBay for $3.75 each with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-Super-Grafx-6-FT-Controller-Extension-Cable-/251082551720?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3a75afb1a8

I have bought a few of them, and they work fine except for the fact that to run them from a Turbo Tap to a controller, one must cut a little ring of plastic off to allow the male end to be inserted into the Turbo Tap.  (It fits fine into the TG-16 without adjustment.)

We discussed these a bit in this thread:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12992.0

KnightWarrior

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 07:02:06 AM »
They don't have it in black

motdelbourt

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »
So mine arrived today from bestpricecables. Shipping was quite quick, and lo and behold they are in fact black and beautiful.

The only problem is what Bardoly mentioned, that they will not fit into the Turbo Tap. I don't think I even have any multiplayer games right now so I'm not concerned about it. But it looks like chipping away some of the plastic on the male end of the cable would work.

Bardoly

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
So mine arrived today from bestpricecables. Shipping was quite quick, and lo and behold they are in fact black and beautiful.

The only problem is what Bardoly mentioned, that they will not fit into the Turbo Tap. I don't think I even have any multiplayer games right now so I'm not concerned about it. But it looks like chipping away some of the plastic on the male end of the cable would work.

Right.  I had to use my very sharp kitchen knife to just cut an about 1 cm ring of the plastic off of the male end, but after doing so, it fits perfectly, and it doesn't even look bad.  I'm very happy with them.