Author Topic: SOLD!!! DUO-R system with Region switch and S-Video for sale! Asking $240.00  (Read 397 times)

Keith Courage

SOLD!!!!

I have a DUO-R System in good condition for sale. This system will play US Hu cards, US CD, JP hu cards, and JP CD games. Also has a S-Video out which looks really good. The CD loading light has been changed from red to purple which matches the DUO-R Color scheme very well. Cosmetically the system is pretty nice with a scuff here and there. The DUO-R logo on the front is a slightly faded. This system works very well and I will guarantee it to work as described. Let me know if you are interested and I will calculate what the shipping would be. Also, if you are interested in the system but don't need the games or controller etc... let me know so we can work out a slightly lower price for you.

Everything included is as follows
PC Engine DUO-R(with US/JP switch, S-Video, and Purple CD led)
RCA AV Cable(No S-video cable included but any standard one will work fine)
Generic Power Cable
Turbo grafx control pad(cable changed to be compatible with a pc engine)
I will also include 3 loose games. Just let me know what kind you are interested in and I will will email you with what I have available to pick from.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:59:34 PM by Keith Courage »

Firebomber7

Re: DUO-R system with Region switch and S-Video for sale! Asking $240.00
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:57:15 AM »
I don't have the $$$ now, but this is sort of what I'm looking for. Sad that the logo is faded and there isn't an original pad or PSU, but it does have s-video. I think the price is fair all considering.

Is this one of Dean's creations?

Keith Courage

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:21 AM »
No, I did all the work to this myself. I also have a few core grafx game pads and some white original pc engine pads if you would rather have one of those instead. Every now and again I find myself with more systems than I need because I am addicted to buying and modding/fixing up these things. I always tell myself not to buy more and then I do anyways  ](*,) When I got the system the controller port needed resoldering and so did the AV jack.  So I fixed that and then added the region switch and s-video.

BlueBMW

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:57:18 AM »
Its a cruel bug it is... i cant let broken hardware pass me by either.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sleepy Gnome

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »
I got my duo from this seller and am very pleased with it.

Firebomber7

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
Its a cruel bug it is... i cant let broken hardware pass me by either.
Holy shit man.

tiptopjames

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:59 AM »
i am coveting this system so hard right now. great price too! don't know how it's still for sale. if you have interest in a full TG+TGCD+Power Base setup let me know!

turbokon

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:30:56 AM »
This is missing from my collection. I'm very tempted!!
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

The Burnin8or

I didn't get a chance to reply last week when the package came in, so I wanted to pop in and send a quick thank you out to Keith Courage for the Duo-R.  Everything came in just fine packaged up nice and tight and exactly as shown.  Everything works great and I am happy to be the proud owner of a region modded, s-video added, Turbo Duo R.

meka

Did you get this off an Japanese Ebay seller, I forgot his name, but I bought one like this without s-video as I have access to RGB.

Frank_fjs

That would be doujindance. His work seems solid, aside from the placement of his region switches, but his prices keep going up and up and up and up.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Did you get this off an Japanese Ebay seller, I forgot his name, but I bought one like this without s-video as I have access to RGB.

Keith Courage stated he did all the work himself, so most likely he did not get it from said Japanese seller.  :)

When you get one from doujindance, all the work is already done.  I actually like the placement of his region switch.  Its hidden and out of the way. 

meka

I think I paid $199 plus shipping, I thought that was a good buy as all the improvements he added and there are others for sale around that price that are stock. I also like that he put the region switch under the hu-card cover.

Keith Courage

This was a system that I repaired and then modded before I sold it. I re-soldered all ports and mounted the region switch in the rear along with an s-video jack. It is not from doujindance. I buy up broken systems to repair and then resell as a side hobby. I usually have a few systems on hand ready for sale so if anyone is looking for anything just pm me and I'll let you know what I have. Currently I have quite a few PC engine DUOs, 1 complete briefcase setup, and a couple DUO-Rs.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:23:02 AM by Keith Courage »

GameFreak

I've bought a couple things from Keith over the last couple years. I highly recommend him if you see something he is selling that you like, go for it.