Author Topic: Legendary Axe - anyone have a tip for the rope swings?  (Read 510 times)

soop

Re: Legendary Axe - anyone have a tip for the rope swings?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 12:11:59 AM »
I played this the other day, but I couldn't beat the rock at the end of level 2!  Tips?

When it appears and rolls on the stage just go crazy attacking it. After that just jump over it or take a hit when it turns around and you should be able to destroy it pretty fast. Just don't sit around when it first appears or else you'll lose a lot of health.

Cheers - I did try that but it kept wiping me out (though I must have been close), so I figured there was something to do with the rope - but I could never time the attacks.  I'll give it another go soon, it was pretty fun.

SuperPlay

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »
Stone the crows!!!!

Once I managed to work out stage 3b (Thanks for the help with the ropes Folks)the game became less frustrating and guess what ......... just completed it :0)

My quick impression of the game:

Some great ideas around the different patterns that enemies have and I liked the 5th zone once I worked out how to map the area.  The thing that spoilt the whole experience for me were the ropes on Stage 3.

My score for this game is 7/10.

I played this the other day, but I couldn't beat the rock at the end of level 2!  Tips?

My tip for level 2 level boss is you can take out the first bolder by hitting it 3 times with full charge.  When it comes on screen hit it once, then step back for a few secs to charge and hit it again and on the 3rd it explodes just in time to hit the bat.  Hit the second rock as Samurai Ghost says. I found that the rope was quite tricky to catch so I normally ignore this unless i can get it easily and Last tip don't break the power poles until you need them and don't let you energy get to low as when you catch the rock it can hit you multiple times!

Lilgrafx

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »

Legendary Axe isn't so tough

...and then you get to Marathon Castle of Hell and Depression.

You're referring to the rooms at the end of the game...the "maze"? Hahahhahahahhaa. I used to have a path that I always took, but there's no way I would remember which rooms to avoid now in 2012...

Still a great game!

Yeah definitively still a great game one of my favs on the turbo. That last maze is the only part of the game that gave me fits.

spenoza

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
I love this game all over. The maze at the end irritates me a little, but I never had trouble with the ropes. Always more with the enemies. Especially the floaty gray things. Guess different folks have trouble with different things.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

hoobs88

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »
I mapped out the maze so I can traverse it easily.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

OrangeArmy

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 03:16:47 PM »
The only reason I have a copy of Turbo Grafx 16 Secrets Vol. 1 was so I could make it through this game.

In addition to all the other praise and criticism mentioned here (that I completely agree with), the music is so good it deserves mention. That level 1 theme is somewhere in my top five greatest game tunes of all time along with Mega Man II Dr.Wiley castle and Resident Evil 'type writer save room' theme.

esteban

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »
I am glad folks have gotten a bit better with the swinging' ropes. 

As you play through Legendary Axe a few times, you actually will develop a better sense of timing (I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but individual ropes swing at independent speeds, so you have to make decisions based on the location of TWO ropes—this is the timing issue that may thwart some folks).

The only reason I have a copy of Turbo Grafx 16 Secrets Vol. 1 was so I could make it through this game.

In addition to all the other praise and criticism mentioned here (that I completely agree with), the music is so good it deserves mention. That level 1 theme is somewhere in my top five greatest game tunes of all time along with Mega Man II Dr.Wiley castle and Resident Evil 'type writer save room' theme.

Absolutely. The music in Legendary Axe is awesome. Truly. 

|    | 

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 06:06:47 AM »
I am glad folks have gotten a bit better with the swinging' ropes. 

As you play through Legendary Axe a few times, you actually will develop a better sense of timing (I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but individual ropes swing at independent speeds, so you have to make decisions based on the location of TWO ropes—this is the timing issue that may thwart some folks).

Absolutely. The music in Legendary Axe is awesome. Truly. 

You could say it's... Legendary.