Author Topic: Legendary Axe - anyone have a tip for the rope swings?  (Read 511 times)

SuperPlay

Legendary Axe - anyone have a tip for the rope swings?
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:41:23 PM »
Hi Folks

I have been playing Legendary Axe today and have come across a part of the game quite early on that is making me go Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I can get to stage 3b no problem with no lives lost etc and then I loose all of them trying to time the xxxxing rope swings.  Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Gogan

Re: Legendary Axe - anyone have a tip for the rope swings?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:35:07 AM »
You need to wait (hang) on one rope until the rope ur trying to jump on is swinging away from you.(kinda swinging on an opposite pattern) It sounds weird, but the rope will swing back while ur jumping and you'll grab it no prob.

I have done this many times.
Nothin beats the real thing.

SuperPlay

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:57:49 AM »
Thanks for the tip, in the part I was in (the first set on stage 3b) I also found that the rope is slippy and you can make the jump easier by perfect timing and jumping before you slide to the bottom of the 2nd and 3rd ropes.

God dam this frustrating game, how on earth this is down as a classic I will never know ;-) LOL

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 01:36:16 AM »
Yeah, I kept dying at that part originally until I figured out you have to jump when the rope is swinging away from you, then it was easy as cake.

SuperPlay

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 03:17:38 AM »
I feel like Shinya Arino today playing this thing, it is becoming painful rather than enjoyable. 4 hrs on this today and I still cannot get used to the ropes or progress off 3b.  Stages 1, 2 and 3a are becoming a bore to play over and over and over and over again. If I do manage to jump the ropes so many cheap deaths lie ahead :-(

Off to play Deep Blue for a while as this game is more enjoyable!

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 03:28:37 AM »
I feel like Shinya Arino today playing this thing, it is becoming painful rather than enjoyable. 4 hrs on this today and I still cannot get used to the ropes or progress off 3b.  Stages 1, 2 and 3a are becoming a bore to play over and over and over and over again. If I do manage to jump the ropes so many cheap deaths lie ahead :-(

Off to play Deep Blue for a while as this game is more enjoyable!

Legendary Axe isn't so tough, and you'll get a hang of the ropes soon enough. Just make sure it's moving away from you when you jump and it will swing right back!

turbokon

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 04:12:13 AM »
Yeah, it's all about timing. Those ropes doesn't swing in sync. So if you don't jump to the other rope within the first few try, you'll just have to wait until they swing closer together.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

futureman2000

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 04:14:54 AM »
It took me a few long sessions to clear the game- I guess I don't have much raw video game talent. I was able to get very good with practice/memorization, to the point that I could clear the game on a single life. I really enjoyed the jump/attack mechanics- there's a great rhythm to the game that comes out once you know where the enemies will be, and how to kill each one. I recommend you stick with it, definitely my favorite action platformer to date.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

SuperPlay

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 06:36:51 AM »

Guess what stage I am on now after more hours gaming?  ....... Yes you got it still 3b ;-) LOL

Think I have got the hang of the ropes now and I managed to get to the 3b boss once (Around an hour a go!) No idea why I am struggling with this game so much.  Sort of explains why I ditched this one back in the day.

I will give it another go tomorrow.  In the words of the legendary game Altered Beast .... "Never Give Up"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:02:06 AM by SuperPlay »

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
Well if you are used to just blazing through levels without pausing a la Mario you'll run into a lot of trouble with this one. You really have to stop, think, and come with a plan in a lot of situations with this one, along with memorizing enemy positions and patterns. In fact memorization really comes in play with this one...

Lilgrafx

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »

Legendary Axe isn't so tough

...and then you get to Marathon Castle of Hell and Depression.

esteban

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »

Legendary Axe isn't so tough

...and then you get to Marathon Castle of Hell and Depression.

You're referring to the rooms at the end of the game...the "maze"? Hahahhahahahhaa. I used to have a path that I always took, but there's no way I would remember which rooms to avoid now in 2012...

Still a great game!
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
I pretty much only die from falling in a pit or missing a rope in this game.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

soop

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
I played this the other day, but I couldn't beat the rock at the end of level 2!  Tips?

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »
I played this the other day, but I couldn't beat the rock at the end of level 2!  Tips?

When it appears and rolls on the stage just go crazy attacking it. After that just jump over it or take a hit when it turns around and you should be able to destroy it pretty fast. Just don't sit around when it first appears or else you'll lose a lot of health.