Author Topic: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2012  (Read 4419 times)

chany60126

Turbo Fest (VGS) 2012
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
And the saga continues,

Back for it's third consecutive year, Turbo Fest is returning to Chicagoland!! Now with double the fun with more games and systems to play. Best of all, there will be 3 T-16/PC Engine tournaments throughout. Come take part in our exciting 5-player Battle Lode Runner and Bombeman 94 tourney matches. Then, step into the shoes of a sidearm as you try to navigate the treacherous obstacles the game throws your way in this high scoring tournament. Great prizes for the winners.

Tournament times are as follows:

Battle Lode Runner: 12 PM
Bomberman 94: 2 PM
Sidearms: 4 PM

The event will take place July 14th in Lombard, IL at the Heron Point Convention Center. The address is 665 W. North Ave in Lombard. It is in the same parking zone as the Fairfield Inn. Lombard is located a couple of miles west of Chicago. Turbo Fest is part of a retro-gaming convention called the Video Game Summit (VGS). The show, as well as Turbo Fest, will run from 11-6 PM. There will be many people selling retro games and many other tournaments for other consoles as well. Arcades will also be present.

Admission is $5, but the price is well worth the admission. Entrance into our tournaments is 100% free. We would love to meet fellow T-16 enthusiasts such as yourselves. 

In comparison to MGC, the VGS is smaller. However, you will find that the gaming area is very spacious and can do a great job accommodating the awesomeness that is Turbo Fest. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Come spend the day with your PCEFX brethren.

Let's keep the good times rolling!

SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

chany60126

Re: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
I also want to point out some of the cool things Chicago has to offer in terms of gaming.
First off, Galloping Ghost Arcade is an absolute MUST-SEE. It is technically the second largest arcade in the US, and comprised of mostly retro arcades. It has got some pretty obscure cabinets such as Galaga 88, Street Fighter 1 (Fighting Street), Splatterhouse and many more. Feast your eyes on the amazing cabinet list:
http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/games_list.htm

If you're in the mood for buying turbob games, you should check out the stores below. They have a decent selection of T-16 games.

SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

SMF

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Sounds awesome, Let's see if I have money around July to make the trip from Ohio.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Colossus1574

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »
Sounds pretty damn cool and looks like a fun time for sure! 
I hope you guys have an AWESOME turnout to represent all the T-16 players out there!
Too bad I'm as west on the coast as you can get  :lol:

esteban

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »
I'm going to be in Maine during TurboFest 2012... damn
  |    | 

Nando

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »
  :shock:

:clap:

sucks living in the South sometimes.. ](*,)

Nando

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »
the people play games site is not up.

roflmao

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »

Agreed.  I'm seriously tempted to try to organize some sort of retro-gaming gathering for us southerners.  With a heavy focus on OBEY, of course.

I probably won't be able to make it up to Chicago this year.  I already have a vacation planned for June, so taking another one in July isn't likely in the books. :(

chany60126

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »
Sounds awesome, Let's see if I have money around July to make the trip from Ohio.

Do eet! :P

Sounds pretty damn cool and looks like a fun time for sure!  
I hope you guys have an AWESOME turnout to represent all the T-16 players out there!
Too bad I'm as west on the coast as you can get  :lol:

Thanks for the kind words!

the people play games site is not up.

The site is still under construction.

NightWolve

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
Hm, I might be interested in going if you can tell me about how many people you expect. I'm not gonna drive out there if you only have like 4-5 commitments... If you can say you're expecting at least 15 or more people (that are firm commitments to attend), then count me in!

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »
Guys, I have heard that there are plans to have EVERY USA releases available for play.  If yall need Might and Magic III, Dungeon Explorer II, or any others I may have, I can make sure someone here gets them on loan.  I cant attend....  :(   I believe someone is already lined up to have Beyond Shadowgate there, but if not I can do that one too. 

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 02:13:29 AM »
Agreed.  I'm seriously tempted to try to organize some sort of retro-gaming gathering for us southerners.  With a heavy focus on OBEY, of course.

[plug]
Animazement in Raleigh on Memorial day weekend is expanding the its retro section to 8 setups. One Duo for sure and we will have a PC-FX and SGX with us just in case there is demand. Over 5000 sq/f just for the game room plus we move all the Bemani/Rock Band/Kinect to a 2nd game room to keep our sanity.
[/plug]

As for a meet-up, I'm thinking weekend cook out! I do a big throw down for the 4th every year. But I do not get enough obey in due to cooking, drinking and host duties.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

chany60126

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 02:19:11 AM »
Hm, I might be interested in going if you can tell me about how many people you expect. I'm not gonna drive out there if you only have like 4-5 commitments... If you can say you're expecting at least 15 or more people (that are firm commitments to attend), then count me in!

I see that you are also from Chicagoland, so the drive shouldn't be that bad. I'm not sure I understand your question. How many people from this site do I expect to attend, or just people in general? Last year we had approximately 12-15 people from PCEFX attend, so I expect right around the same number conservatively. Definitely do come if you have the chance. We'd love to meet you, especially since you helped make the english patch for Ys IV as well as other projects. As mentioned above, we will have most lots of games available to play.

Guys, I have heard that there are plans to have EVERY USA releases available for play.  If yall need Might and Magic III, Dungeon Explorer II, or any others I may have, I can make sure someone here gets them on loan.  I cant attend....  :(   I believe someone is already lined up to have Beyond Shadowgate there, but if not I can do that one too.  

Yes, we were indeed talking about that. That is so nice of you to offer your games on loan to us. We will take a look at our collective collections and will let you know. :) Hopefully next year you can attend one of our fests.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:42:40 AM by chany60126 »

Nando

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 02:55:46 AM »

Where in the South are you? I'm in Tx (Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex area) TRANSFORM!!!

NightWolve

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 03:25:09 AM »
Yeah, I meant in general, so sounds like you get a little more than what I thought then (if that count was just limited to folks from here) or what I would expect for something like this event...

I see that you are also from Chicagoland

Yeah, so is Keranu I recall. Alright, I'll just try not to forget about this - You can add my email to your reminder list.