Author Topic: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2012  (Read 4450 times)

roflmao

Re: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2012
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2012, 02:57:58 AM »
I am waiting for some pics!!!  And yes, I WILL be there for the next one.  :)

I only had my cellphone to take pictures with, but I did grab a shot of the sign outside:

It got pretty warm in there as the night went on.  I think I may have been the first to leave and that was about 9:30. My 9-10 hour drive wiped me out. :)

Just a couple more hours to go....

If anyone wants to get in a quick game of Castle Panic or Forbidden Island before doors open, hit me up with a PM.

Or if I can help out with setup or anything, hit me up with a PM.  I'm just chillin in my hotel room. :D

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2012, 08:56:34 AM »
did any fly ass bitches take flyers!!?1/1
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »
Home.

Nice to see those of you I know again.

Nice to meet those of you I didn't.

I really had a blast on both days more so the second one though.

I'll post pics of the stuff i bought in the other thread later on.

In some bad news the long old hand held bowling game I bought from Jeff got caught on a dust pan as I was walking out of the garage and the dust pan stabbed me in the shoulder so Jeff expect a medical bill and don't forget to add that into your out of pocket costs. :lol:

did any fly ass bitches take flyers!!?1/1

Some peopld did, how many I don't know.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

Retrocool

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
It was great to see/meet everyone today..
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

roflmao

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
I had an awesome time!  I took a few pics which I'll post when I get home in a couple of days.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »
Quote from: hizaygizirlz
In some bad news the long old hand held bowling game I bought from Jeff got caught on a dust pan as I was walking out of the garage and the dust pan stabbed me in the shoulder so Jeff expect a medical bill and don't forget to add that into your out of pocket

But IS THE GAME OK?? :) j/k

Great to put names to faces for new folks and good to see the MGC crew there! Safe trip back everyone and hope all can make it down for the next event.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »
Hey everyone, I hope we all had a fantastic time. Unfortunately, my home internet is out (and cable TV) and has been since Friday. So I likely won't be online much outside of work until that's fixed. And the cable company doesn't have an appointment scheduled with me until Wednesday.

Added in edit: Basically if I haven't responded to your PMs, emails or what have you. I'm not meaning to be impolite, I'm limited to using internet elsewhere right now.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:34:12 AM by DragonmasterDan »
--DragonmasterDan

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2012, 01:42:13 AM »
Damn Dan, that sucks!!  I hope they adjust your bill to reflect the no service days.

tggodfrey

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2012, 02:09:59 AM »
Had a great time guys.  It was awesome to sit down and relax with everyone.  Dan, your knowledge amazes me plain and simple!

Chany, thank you for another awesome event. 

Terry
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NightWolve

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2012, 03:55:05 AM »
Well, I thought about it and would've liked to come, but I had my reasons. If it happens in IL again though, I'll make it out next time.

How many people showed up ? Did Keranu make it out ?

chany60126

« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2012, 05:36:54 PM »
@ark, BlueBMW, DragonmasterDan and hizay all printed out flyers. We had them spread out evenly at the 3 turbob stations we had. roflmao brought his AB protocard with him to the show. Very cool stuff I must say! I especially enjoyed that 2-Player Tron Light Cycle game.

@NightWolve we had a very good turnout this year, our best one yet. I estimate that we had between 15-20 people show up from pcenginefx. Keranu was not able to make it this year.

Thanks again for coming to support the VGS / Turbo Fest. I hope you guys had fun, I know I did. :) I will try to post pics of the show later on in the week.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

NightWolve

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
15-20 total or just from here? Anyway, yeah, I'll be sure to check out the pics when they go up.

chop5

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »
I had tons of fun guys cant wait for another meet up. was like the chatbox come to life!
thanks chany for all your hard work in putting it together. I took a few pictures but my CF card is very small.

part of the setup. you can see a sack of burgers and fries courtesy of tggodfrey,thanks you were a lifesaver.

other side of setup. the gentlemen seated are elseven in the green shirt,roflmao in the white. next to roflmao is tggodfrey talking to his girlfriend jessica. the woman in the white shirt at the vendor table is ash next to mathius in the black shirt and bluebmw on the far right behind the atari pc. behind the vendor in the blue shirt is jeff from wisconsin. has on a red outrun shirt that was cool as hell. thats all i can remember whos in the pic.

a live internet broadcast of sorts with awards handed out by walter. no idea who the recipients are or what they are awarded for. perhaps someone knows?

this heron statue greets you at the door of the convention center. i took a pic and will be adding it to one of my comics about dino's. it will be a dino priest of sorts,an evil character.

friday after a visit to a video game store we went to eat here at superdawg. the whopsiedawg polish sausage was f*cking great!

i also guarded arks fliers and hit anyone with a stick that tried to steal one. 8)
i will now poychase a larger cf card. yes i collect vintage cameras and use them. non hipster like.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:42:28 AM by chop5 »
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2012, 12:22:54 AM »
Yep.  I certainly am coming to the next one! 

roflmao

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2012, 01:55:53 AM »
15-20 total or just from here? Anyway, yeah, I'll be sure to check out the pics when they go up.

There were 15-20 pcefxers that made it.  There were hundreds of people at the show, but I hear it's not nearly as crazy as MGC.  Now I need to make it to MGC. :)