Author Topic: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2012  (Read 4409 times)

Mathius

Re: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2012
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
If this meet up does happen and we wanted to play turbo we could try to rent the other room at GG i don't think it would be 2 much more I believe it is only $5 extra if they have something going on.

There's an idea! :D
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Ash

« Reply #211 on: July 21, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
<sigh>  Are you guys going to make me drive up there... AGAIN....  I've got two vacation days left this year that arent allotted...  Let me know when you guys decide to make stuff happen and I'lll see if I can make the 550 mile drive again :D

You Are Coming :) It would not be the same with out you there. So you can no choice. :)

Keranu

« Reply #212 on: July 21, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »
:twisted: :twisted: and Keranu, if you don't come next year... I'm comin' over to yer house and reclaiming the PC-FX I sold you!  :twisted:  :twisted:

...but you can keep the 3DO  :-"
I know! If I wasn't using my bike so much this summer, I would've had my car fixed much sooner.

The FX is still complete and in great shape, I was playing Chip Chan Kick on it earlier in the year!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

chop5

« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
OH hell yeah im down for a fall meetup or even sooner!!!! an equinox meetup at midnight by a huge bonfire would be saweet!

heres a very rough draft of the character im making based on that heron statue from the vgs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/dino2.jpg

i couldnt get the darn beak or eye right,did it a hundred times. originally wanted it to look like a juvenile allosaurus with a bigger jaw so it may change again when its done.

its a short story about a black kid from the ghetto that doesnt understand why he seems to faze in and out of reality. 350 years into the future and 65 million years in the past,inhabiting a body of what may have been his future and former selves. He thinks its the effects of crack from when his mother used when she was pregnant with him. Slowly he realizes hes part of a force that does its best to save the people from both times and learn that planet earth is no stranger to armageddon.
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

Mathius

« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »
That was a good read, chop! You had my imagination running in high gear.

thesteve

« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2012, 10:11:47 PM »
ever make it over to central cali i might be able to join you all

esteban

« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »

its a short story about a black kid from the ghetto that doesnt understand why he seems to faze in and out of reality. 350 years into the future and 65 million years in the past,inhabiting a body of what may have been his future and former selves. He thinks its the effects of crack from when his mother used when she was pregnant with him. Slowly he realizes hes part of a force that does its best to save the people from both times and learn that planet earth is no stranger to armageddon.

I can totally relate to this. It is essentially my life. You're writing my biography.

|    | 

BlueBMW

« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2012, 12:39:59 AM »
ever make it over to central cali i might be able to join you all

There are quite a few people in California, might be worth trying to organize some sort of west coast meetup.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

alexsduo

« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:22 AM »
Speaking of the show...

Did any of you guys happen to use the bathroom from 11-4?  I walked in, and instantly was weirded out.  There were 3 guys hanging by the sink, with the water running full force, just standing there..

I notice that they have a bottle of gin, and a 20 of beer, and they are apparently getting drunk in el bano.  Not sure if the water on full blast is to scare people away, or so no one can hear them drinking.

Needless to say, I got out of there, and didn't lose anything.... Could that have been any of you guys?
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Mathius

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
Speaking of the show...

Did any of you guys happen to use the bathroom from 11-4?  I walked in, and instantly was weirded out.  There were 3 guys hanging by the sink, with the water running full force, just standing there..

I notice that they have a bottle of gin, and a 20 of beer, and they are apparently getting drunk in el bano.  Not sure if the water on full blast is to scare people away, or so no one can hear them drinking.

Needless to say, I got out of there, and didn't lose anything.... Could that have been any of you guys?

LOL! Wasn't any of us. I don't think any here that went are that hardcore about getting drunk at a gaming convention.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
Speaking of the show...

I saw them as well.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2012, 11:29:34 PM »
Speaking of the show...

I saw them as well.

I'm sorry. That was me and my two nephews. I should have introduced myself.

At one point, a few folks from the convention joined us and we had a 6-player game of BattleWheels on our Atari Lynxes! Holy cr*p, I forgot we were in the bathroom. Awesome.

I get stressed out at public events and the sounds of a rustling creek (running water) help calm me down.

I find that a few shots of gin calms my nerves a bit, too.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:31:32 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Mathius

« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2012, 03:21:29 AM »
:lol:

alexsduo

« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2012, 06:43:44 AM »
Speaking of the show...

LOL! Wasn't any of us. I don't think any here that went are that hardcore about getting drunk at a gaming convention.

LOL... I didn't mean any of what I was saying to be insulting btw, I was more surprised to see drinking...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

esteban

« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2012, 11:46:44 AM »
Speaking of the show...

LOL... I didn't mean any of what I was saying to be insulting btw, I was more surprised to see drinking...

My friend, I'm totally goofing around. I was in Maine during VGS.

Happily, I am not one of the drunkards you saw in the public restroom!

|    |