Author Topic: Pyramid Plunder!!!!  (Read 518 times)

T2KFreeker

Pyramid Plunder!!!!
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »
I know it's only a Beta at this point, but Damn, what a nice Beta it is. Yuppers, you heard me say it, A nice Beta. Since I was once a staff writer/reviewer on Classic Video Gamer Magazine, I think Ill be posting a review of the game shortly. Still, has anyone else around here downloaded the game and played it? Very nice little Pac-Man style maze runner with some nice little touches going on in there. I can't wait for the full release. thumbs up Arkhan, very cool.
END OF LINE.

esteban

Re: Pyramid Plunder!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:52:07 AM »
Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure I've heard of this game you speak of. Pyramid Power?

I'll look into it...

|    | 

motdelbourt

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 06:45:19 AM »
I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and finally gave it a shot today after reading your post.

It's good. The first four levels are pretty slow paced and might give the wrong impression, but 1-5 is just right.

Plusses:
Nice background tiles, wouldn't look out of place in an official release
Music is cool
Pink mummy is a jerk
map at the top is helpful

Could be improved:
Sprite art could be a little more detailed
maybe a chime when you grab the "fruit"
different music when you grab the ankh, until it wears off
would be good to have something to do with the buttons, maybe some powerups, like a single wall jump
game is not China Warrior 2, does not resemble the kung fu
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:47:47 AM by motdelbourt »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 08:26:02 AM »
would be good to have something to do with the buttons, maybe some powerups, like a single wall jump
There is a fruit noise when you grab fruit.  Did it not play?

and, you have a dash button you can use, lol.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

motdelbourt

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:56:37 AM »
There is a fruit noise when you grab fruit.  Did it not play?

I'll follow up on the noise next time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:04:45 AM by motdelbourt »

cabbage

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
And you get to manage the turbo switch! If I run with turbo, little Arkhan moves faster than usual and can still pick up stuff; but then it's too slow for catching bad guys after an ankh :D

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »
I played it at the Cleveland show last year. I liked what I saw, but I assume it has advanced since then.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 01:54:43 AM »
I played it at the Cleveland show last year. I liked what I saw, but I assume it has advanced since then.

Not a great deal since last year actually. It's been behind the scenes bug fixing crap.

The game also wasn't touched for awhile because of the HuCard extravaganza. :)

T2KFreeker

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
Well, either way, I am liking this game and can't wait for the official release of it. As a suggestion, Ark, you might want to do a "Limited Edition" release in a double jewel with the soundtrack. Do the Light Scribed discs like the Insanity discs. That would be cool. I really miss games coming like this. it wasn't often, but it is nice to have the option.  :wink:
END OF LINE.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

Not a great deal since last year actually. It's been behind the scenes bug fixing crap.

The game also wasn't touched for awhile because of the HuCard extravaganza. :)

There was a HuCard extravaganza?!?  Who, what, where, when.........why??? :D  Kidding, I know of what you speak.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 07:21:19 PM »
Well, either way, I am liking this game and can't wait for the official release of it. As a suggestion, Ark, you might want to do a "Limited Edition" release in a double jewel with the soundtrack. Do the Light Scribed discs like the Insanity discs. That would be cool. I really miss games coming like this. it wasn't often, but it is nice to have the option.  :wink:

That's what I did with Insanity.

Released a "preorder" edition that came with soundtracks (not double-cased though).

I made the mistake of numbering them.  Two douches so far have eBayed the preorder editions for idiotic amounts.

It's awful, considering the better soundtrack is available for 10$ and the special preorder edition is no different than the real one, aside from my silver scribbles on it.

The PP soundtrack is all chiptunes though. Not sure the soundtrack would really be that rockin to put on a CD, lol

T2KFreeker

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »
Well, either way, I am liking this game and can't wait for the official release of it. As a suggestion, Ark, you might want to do a "Limited Edition" release in a double jewel with the soundtrack. Do the Light Scribed discs like the Insanity discs. That would be cool. I really miss games coming like this. it wasn't often, but it is nice to have the option.  :wink:

Released a "preorder" edition that came with soundtracks (not double-cased though).

I made the mistake of numbering them.  Two douches so far have eBayed the preorder editions for idiotic amounts.

It's awful, considering the better soundtrack is available for 10$ and the special preorder edition is no different than the real one, aside from my silver scribbles on it.

The PP soundtrack is all chiptunes though. Not sure the soundtrack would really be that rockin to put on a CD, lol

Lots of people like chiptunes, man!  :clap:
END OF LINE.

roflmao

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 03:30:26 AM »
Heck yeah!  Chiptune soundtracks are awesome.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 03:33:45 AM »

I made the mistake of numbering them.  Two douches so far have eBayed the preorder editions for idiotic amounts.

Chip tune cover of Egyptian Lover's greatest hits?
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 03:43:07 AM »
Chip tune cover of Egyptian Lover's greatest hits?

With a hidden track of a chip tune cover of the Bangle's Walk Like an Egyptian.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles