Author Topic: WTB pc engine rare games and goods  (Read 14698 times)

JapanTokei

Re: WTB pc engine rare games and goods
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2015, 02:23:32 AM »
Don't EVER crack that mirror!!  Scary just to think what type of back luck Adol and the Y's Gods will bring upon the one who shatters it.. lol.

Ys is my favorite game of all time.  from the SMS port to the TG version.. I can play it over and over.. 

Finally arrived!!! The Ys 4 MIRROR!!

Please tell us more. Was this a mail order item available to everyone, or some promotional item given away during launch?

kisaku

« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2015, 03:07:15 AM »
I don't know anything about it, but i think it was an omake at one store.....very rare item for sure.

esteban

« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2015, 04:02:42 AM »

I don't know anything about it, but i think it was an omake at one store.....very rare item for sure.

I love all the stuff you find!
  |    | 

cjameslv

« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2015, 04:04:44 AM »
Finally arrived!!! The Ys 4 MIRROR!!

Very nice! Is that custom made?

bob

« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2015, 09:30:38 AM »
Its really only useful if you look like that and have the outfit.

xelement5x

« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2015, 04:53:08 AM »
kisaku, that is pretty sweet. 

Do you know where the YsIV poster that was released came from?  The one I have looks like it was from a magazine so I am guessing it went with some volume of PCE Gamer back in the day.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

JapanTokei

« Reply #291 on: February 09, 2015, 06:01:21 AM »
I too, have seen that Adol image / pose / poster somewhere before... can't remember where/when.. might have even been the mirror itself years ago on Y! Auction? 

kisaku, that is pretty sweet. 

Do you know where the YsIV poster that was released came from?  The one I have looks like it was from a magazine so I am guessing it went with some volume of PCE Gamer back in the day.

kisaku

« Reply #292 on: February 09, 2015, 07:32:41 PM »
Maybe it was from a Magazine's insert!

xelement5x

« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2015, 05:05:02 AM »
I pulled out my poster last night and took a picture:

Ys IV Poster by xelement5x, on Flickr

It says PC Engine in the lower right corner, and it's the size of like a regular piece of paper when folder so I'm guessing it's from a magazine too.  I got it awhile back randomly with a bunch of other stuff I got from Japan.  If you know what issue though, I'd love to find that as well to match them up :)

Sorry for derailing too!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SplatterTrigger

« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2015, 06:58:56 AM »
Wow that mirror is very nice! Was that the one hit-japan had up?

esteban

« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2015, 07:39:11 AM »

It says PC Engine in the lower right corner, and it's the size of like a regular piece of paper when folder so I'm guessing it's from a magazine too.  I got it awhile back randomly with a bunch of other stuff I got from Japan.  If you know what issue though, I'd love to find that as well to match them up :)

Sorry for derailing too!

That poster is awesome. I love it.
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »

Sorry for derailing too!

Derailing exceptions can be made for rare Ys merchandise. :)

dshadoff

« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »

Sorry for derailing too!

That doesn't just say "PC Engine", it says "Dengeki PC Engine" (the name of the magazine).
The lower-right corner also says "2月  付録2", which means "February, second pack-in/insert".
Below that is a copyright message for 1993, so I guess February 1993.... but that's WRONG.

I check my own copy of the magazine (it's the first issue of Dengeki PC Engine), and confirm that insert #2 was a poster for.... Sotsugyou (Graduation).

I check February 1994's issue, and it's a veritable Ys 4 festival, including the poster.

JapanTokei

« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2015, 11:40:33 PM »
Speaking of Y;s - have you guys seen the Japanese-based anime DVD set?  I bought it back a few years ago, it is REALLY well done.  The version I had is published by some US firm I can't recall now (I still have it in my collection).  It is very faithful, covers the advantures of Ys 1 and then entering the world of Magic-filled Y's2.  Someone should re-release that in HD 1080 format!! 

esteban

« Reply #299 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:24 PM »

Sorry for derailing too!

That doesn't just say "PC Engine", it says "Dengeki PC Engine" (the name of the magazine).
The lower-right corner also says "2月  付録2", which means "February, second pack-in/insert".
Below that is a copyright message for 1993, so I guess February 1993.... but that's WRONG.

I check my own copy of the magazine (it's the first issue of Dengeki PC Engine), and confirm that insert #2 was a poster for.... Sotsugyou (Graduation).

I check February 1994's issue, and it's a veritable Ys 4 festival, including the poster.

Excellent. February 1994 issue :)

|    |